Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you prefer?
Hot, fine looking young girl (can be virgin too).... we guys don't care about brains 5 21.74%
Cute woman closer to my age but she has brains.... nonvirgin 12 52.17%
I guess either of them I can go for 4 17.39%
Other 2 8.70%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 01:52 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,621,105 times

Advertisements

You genuinely think 18 year olds are inherently more attractive than 22 year olds? I was way better looking in my early 20s than I was the day I moved into the dorms. Men who over and over go after the barely legal types usually have a reason beyond looks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 02:00 PM

150 posts, read 250,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Anyway, what is this obsession with virginity people have? It's the least important thing about a person.
My previously point made, this is a sophmoric thread....

Last edited by cjawalt; 05-30-2012 at 02:32 PM..

Old 05-30-2012, 02:09 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinLP View Post
What I've always noticed is many of my friends don't even care if a woman is smart. Certain 30 year-olds still are into dating 18 year old girls that either just got out of high school or are beginning life.

I don't know but as a 24 year-old who is about to graduate from college, there is no way I can relate to a girl that young no matter how cute she was. We wouldn't be on the same page and our conversations would be different.

Secondly, a girl that young might be a virgin too and I just don't have that patience anymore to start that whole ''take it slowly process and teach her''. I'm not a stud either (only had 4 gfs) but at the same time, I would want a woman that knows what she wants and isn't naivee. I don't want to feel like I'm dating a child who I have to teach but my equal.

I don't know if I'm demanding too much but what I look for a woman is the following:
1) cute with nice personality
2) Smart and ambitious
3) Nonvirgin
4) Closer to my age range
Welcome to adulthood, although I find the virginity thing a little strange.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:29 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times
I chose option number 2. I've spoken to some people who just aren't quite there in terms of intelligence. I'm no genius myself but it's like talking to a 2x4.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:30 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,678,559 times
Hello! This is anonymous. stop voting for what you think the board members and your family wants to hear and start voting for the hot young virgin with no brains because when it really comes down to it thats what you would choose. It happens every time. Ever see an episode of....millionaire matchmaker? The guys come in say that want this and that in a woman and when they mingle, they always wind up choosing the bimbo that is hotter than the smart mature, honest woman.

Yeah I voted for the hot young virgin. I dont care if she is a virgin or is young, just hot. She can have brains or no brains. Just be trustworthy and the rest we can work on.

And I love how the poll has no hot older women options, like there are no older hot women...?

Old 05-30-2012, 02:31 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
What on Earth is a "half virgin?"
In my case, oral only.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:40 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Hello! This is anonymous. stop voting for what you think the board members and your family wants to hear and start voting for the hot young virgin with no brains because when it really comes down to it thats what you would choose.
For a short romp? Yeah, I guess. For anything long term? No.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:02 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
oh whatever, older women are just as nutty as younger ones. Take one look at this forum and you can see "experience" makes many women angry, bitter, and delusional as they age. People don't always grow older and wiser.
I see a lot of happy, content women on this forum; many who are married. And others who are single and happy as well. That's not to say there aren't nuts, but they appear to be a minority. I don't think their numbers match the women haters we have on this forum.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:57 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinLP View Post
Umm it would get me thinking and wonder what happened. It would be something new that a 24-27 year-old woman still haven't found a bf.

Usually a woman that's still a virgin pass certain age happens when:
1) She believes in waiting till marriage
2) She has some issues and it can take her a while to open up
3) Maybe she hasn't found the right man and is looking

No matter what the reason was that she stayed a virgin, there is one indicator in common: she did it out of choice because it's not hard for a woman to have a bf (unless she rejected every single guy that approached her).

To accept such a special case like that it would really have to depend on the reason because if she is going to have some issues afterwards then it won't work out (usually woman that wait too long and finally do it will have some sort of attachment issue for their first). If the reasons for her being a virgin are 1 and 2 above, it would be an immediate deal-breaker.
If it's 3 maybe.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:57 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
I think a lot of younger men inherently go for the 'easy' girls. Not necessarily easy in the sexual sense, but the girls who are easy to get along with, uncomplicated and simple. I feel that the more intelligent a woman is, the more 'uppity' she can become (having opinions, even if you aren't pushy about them, can be seen as a detriment to many men) and the less attractive she is. I have a lot of male friends in their mid to late 20s and we've had many conversations about it. I'd like to think I'm fairly intelligent and they LOVE talking to me and discussing things, but as a romantic interest? Nope, they choose the simple, easy, lighthearted girls for that.

The older my guy friends get, I can see them getting with women who can challenge them a bit and I think it's because they're more comfortable discussing and debating things with others and don't take differing opinions so personally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships