Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 01:05 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,466,473 times

Advertisements

This is the kind of question only the two of you can answer. And, how she answered the question may not be how she'd actually behave in person. First, go on a date, second, discuss these kinds of issues if you get to a second or third date. Third, decide if the restrictions (if any) are something you can live with, assuming that she's someone you don't want to live without.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 01:09 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
And, how she answered the question may not be how she'd actually behave in person.
^^ this is key. nobody should take those responses seriously on their own merits.

Old 05-31-2012, 01:42 PM

20 posts, read 84,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgerrabit View Post
So my question is...how do people who do this survive until marriage? If you are dating and get intimate like kissing, touching, etc - then you just stop and go home to finish yourself off? Do you engage in only oral sex or other things? I would think it is very difficult to date someone for a long time and resist these urges if you are kissing and touching eachother alot.
My wife and I waited. It was extremely difficult, but we made it. We set limits, were never alone after midnight and got married pretty young.

Was it worth it? IMO, 100%.

Old 05-31-2012, 01:51 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,601,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southshorelady View Post
Um...damaging? It's not damaging to have only one partner.

Why do you conclude this girl's sex life is a joke? Maybe they're awesome in bed and study the karma sutra together three times a day.
Im not concluding this girls sex life is a joke, this why I said "I hope it isnt". Personaly, I wouldnt take the chance though but hey everyone has their own mind, set of morals and beliefs and free will to choose as they please.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:16 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgerrabit View Post
I've been talking to a woman from okcupid, she's very attractive and I like her personality alot.

Anyway her response to the question, how many dates before sex, is 'not until the wedding'.

So my question is...how do people who do this survive until marriage? If you are dating and get intimate like kissing, touching, etc - then you just stop and go home to finish yourself off? Do you engage in only oral sex or other things? I would think it is very difficult to date someone for a long time and resist these urges if you are kissing and touching eachother alot.

Does anyone have experience with this and how did you handle it until getting married?

I am quite curious about how this relationship works until getting married.

hypnosis.

if you think it would be so awfully hard hard dating someone like this, then forget about this girl and get a different one then.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:42 PM

30,996 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrover View Post
Back in my early 20s when I first married, I had zero experience and had no idea what to expect or even what I might have wanted from my husband as far as sex was concerned. As a result, I spent decades (four of them) in a very unsatisfying marriage - I had the higher sex drive than my husband. I was never able to encourage my husband to consider any real experimentaiton or increase in frequency and so I just sort of "powered down" my own desires to better match his and save myself the never-ending frustration. But now that my marriage is over and I am moving forward with my life, I have realized that never again will I settle for less and any relationship going forward must involve frequent and satisfying sex and the only way to know if that's what I'd be getting is to "try before you buy." To even consider waiting until I married would be far too great a risk, and one I am just not willing to take.
4 decades of mediocre sex. How did you know if it was mediocre sex if you had no experience? I endured 10 years of mediocre sex until some one opened my eyes to what great sex was about. I'll admit it was partially my fault for being closed down. But from here on out I'm not going to live with mediocrity again

Old 05-31-2012, 07:46 PM

344 posts, read 395,851 times
There are people who don't too much care about sex one way or the other. I suppose they have a low libido. But for many people sex if not absolutely needed, is certainly desired. For me, sexual intimacy is one of the great spices of life. As a woman who has yet to find the urge to get married, if I met a guy and were to find out that he were saving himself for marriage, it would be a deal-breaker for me.

I have said that as an atheist, I miss the emotional comforts that religions can provide some people. On the other hand, I am not shackled by religious codes and restrictions. Personally, I find it rather tragic that #1; certain religions absolutely forbid premarital sex, and, #2; their adult, religious followers abide by them.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:15 PM

460 posts, read 671,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieGal View Post
There are people who don't too much care about sex one way or the other. I suppose they have a low libido. But for many people sex if not absolutely needed, is certainly desired. For me, sexual intimacy is one of the great spices of life. As a woman who has yet to find the urge to get married, if I met a guy and were to find out that he were saving himself for marriage, it would be a deal-breaker for me.

I have said that as an atheist, I miss the emotional comforts that religions can provide some people. On the other hand, I am not shackled by religious codes and restrictions. Personally, I find it rather tragic that #1; certain religions absolutely forbid premarital sex, and, #2; their adult, religious followers abide by them.
Tragic? Not doing one thing that probably makes up 2% of your life (at most) is tragic? Besides the point that many of these people do go on to marry and have satisfying sex lives. It's far from a tragedy to set your moral compass on something and achieve it. You don't want to do that then don't.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:02 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,721,760 times
I plan to not have sex until I am married (or perhaps engaged). I am not religious, it has been more of a personal decision. In many earlier relationships, I noticed that I was somewhat blinded by my physical attraction to my SOs when I should have been noticing our connection, etc. I decided to take sex (of all forms) out of the equation until I know my SO is ready to marry me.

I make it clear early on that I don't plan on having sex until I am married so that it doesn't seem like I'm leading the other person on. You'd be surprised by the number of people OK by waiting.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:32 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southshorelady View Post
Tragic? Not doing one thing that probably makes up 2% of your life (at most) is tragic? Besides the point that many of these people do go on to marry and have satisfying sex lives. It's far from a tragedy to set your moral compass on something and achieve it. You don't want to do that then don't.

it's not worth it trying to explain to some people they're all wrapped up in their "sex lives" and anyone that's not has a 'low libido' or 'fill in the blank.' they just don't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships