Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 11:01 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cme87 View Post
This is what I feared.
Sorry honey, just keepin' it real.

You can do whatever you want to do - so give it more time if that's what makes you comfortable.

But his actions and attitudes are not those of a man who is really committed to you. And you deserve better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 11:38 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,039 times
who cares. Its just a typical 25 yo attractive girl type of approach. Nothing unique or wrong about it, see it all the time. Beauty doesnt last forever, honey.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:35 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,106,671 times
Quote:
I just hate the idea of giving up on it. I think a lot of times people give up far too easy. Good sex, but my drive has decreased lately. He is well-endowed, and that is a great asset imo.
I get a lot of interest because I am attractive. Some guys try to sell me a dream; others act like I am their dream. It is difficult and time-consuming (often wasting) to see if an actual connection exists or if smoke is being blown up my ass. Of course no one has sympathy for pretty people, and maybe rightfully so, but it does cause unique issues.
We have talked marriage in past. He bought me a very pretty diamond necklace for my birthday in May. It's not all bad, but something is def up with him. When I try to figure out what it is, he shuts down or blames me.
Another great reason to stay in a relationship. And you sound really vain. Why are you so worried about being alone and dating? If you're so beautiful I'm sure you'll have no problem finding another guy. Geez.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:47 PM

150 posts, read 250,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Another great reason to stay in a relationship. And you sound really vain. Why are you so worried about being alone and dating? If you're so beautiful I'm sure you'll have no problem finding another guy. Geez.
Dont be such a hater. You know that gifted human anatomy plays a role in intimate relations. Its not like a single woman can look at a guys hands in a bar and say, yup, he's a keeper. Men, on the other hand, usually know whats up.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:06 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,618,797 times
Surely you know in your heart that good sex and diamond necklaces do not a successful relationship make.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:11 PM

900 posts, read 1,702,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjawalt View Post
Dont be such a hater. You know that gifted human anatomy plays a role in intimate relations. Its not like a single woman can look at a guys hands in a bar and say, yup, he's a keeper. Men, on the other hand, usually know whats up.
This is (was when you first told us) was TMI

Old 06-01-2012, 01:14 PM

890 posts, read 2,785,348 times
Why buy the cow if he's getting the milk free?

There's a brain chemical that is produced that is addictive in the beginning of a new relationship. Overtime approximately 2 years, the person builds immunity to the addictive component of this brain chemical which results in an eye opening of a blind-free relationship.

It takes commitment to learn to accept the other person for who he/she is. Some relationships are easier with a lot of common values. But all relationships will come to finding compromises, or accepting the differences between those values (beliefs, personalities, etc).

You want something more out of the relationship, and it is not about controlling, it is about expressing your boundaries. But he has other ideas on how he wants his life which does not sound compatible to what you want.

There are decisions to be made. Make them sooner because it just prolongs the misery.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:30 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,364,962 times
Quote:
My boyfriend of three years says he is no longer happy. Recently he started saying that I am too controlling. I have controlling tendencies, but I try my best to be reasonable and considerate, especially ever since he has been pointing out my ‘issues.’ At times, I do get upset. In his world, there should be no problem if he chooses to play poker till daylight or if his (single) buddy comes over our house for extended periods of time nearly every day. In his eyes, he’s a man and he should be able to do whatever he wants. In my eyes, these things are not only annoying but they are inconsiderate, especially since we live together in small quarters.
Things weren’t always this way. For over two years, we had a great, happy relationship. I feel like maybe he’s just going thru a stage, and eventually he will snap outta it. I don’t want to just give up after a three year investment. We have so much in common and over the years we had grown so close. Plus, I’d hate to be back on the dating scene. Another part of me wonders if he was just infatuated with my looks and our many similarities. I am more attractive than he is, and he gets a lot of praise for having a pretty girlfriend. Maybe he isn’t made for a long-term relationship. I know I wasn’t made to be single. It almost seems like he doesn't want to get older. He's 29 and I'm 25.
Is this just a phase guys go through? Or do I need to have a chat with the landlord?
First, try not living with someone unless you are married. Everyone loves to play house, but the realities are that in general, without a firm commitment, people are more likely to throw in the towel. It does not fare well for the woman, period. Second, if a man tells you he is not as happy as he once was, why would you stay at all? I could not imagine even getting into bed with someone who told me that, much less continue to be sexual and be his live-in maid and cook.
If he does not want to grow up, find a man who is already a grown up. You are more than a pretty face. Demand more. How long are you going to keep your life on hold waiting for him to eventually "snap out of it?"
None of us like the dating scene, dear, but staying with someone to avoid life is just as bad on your side.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
And the next time no moving in without marriage. Make him work for you! You have learned an important lesson, he might just realize what he lost when you are back on your own.
I hope she listens to us on this one!

Old 06-01-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynumber4 View Post
Right...So that she'll marry him BEFORE she knows they are incompatible. But it's okay, they can just get divorced.
Oh good lord. You can find out about compatibility without having to shack up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships