Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 03:16 PM

28 posts, read 64,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog1 View Post
Not every night , though the guy is always there. Go out once to a movie , once for dinner. Just here and there. Dont unhappily sit there. Really , you dont want marriage or when you do something nicer than Elvis , why to save money. A home down payment a better investment but Im curious. Do you truely not wish to be married
I'm always running around. I have an active lifestyle. But it is excessive. If we had a large place it would be one thing, but we dont.. When I bring it up, he thinks I just don't like his buddy which isn't the case at all. Im only 25. I'm a recent college grad. There are so many things I want to do. At this point I'd rather travel and enjoy life instead of fork over retarded sum of money for a wedding. I just want a good man that's there for the long haul. The certificate and ceremony have never been important to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 03:37 PM

15 posts, read 41,862 times
Honestly I believe in this day in age people are always looking to run ... Every relationship has a honey moon or cupcake stage and after that it gets difficult. If you two can somehow come to an agreement and actually stick to it , stay . If it keeps going in circles its just going to get more difficult to you end up back on one of these sites like I did. Women need to be understanding of a Man's needs to be a Man . Also a Man need to understand a women are just emotional (meaning you like being paid attention to) Yeah I said PAID. No disrespect but your just used to having him to yourself and now that he wants some time with his friends your threatened , you think he may not like you as much , maybe he was playing you to get something...No , it's just that he is a man and women cant be that buddy we got to drink , watch the game ...Its just different some people have good friends like brothers... So that would explain why he is there everyday or he could be gay Lol no offence..

Old 06-01-2012, 03:39 PM

15 posts, read 41,862 times
Well I hope you feel the same way about the expensive ring and if you do CALL ME

Old 06-01-2012, 03:41 PM

900 posts, read 1,701,851 times
It would also be to your benefit to befriend or at least get along with his friend

Old 06-01-2012, 03:55 PM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times
This guy is 29 years old not 19. Time to act like a mature adult and realize he's not single. He's in a committed relationship living with someone. Either tell him to buck the F up or get out. Obviously he still feels he needs to act like a kid and I don't see it going away for many years if ever. You're still young so get out and find someone who can act their age and not pretend their still in high school. GL

Old 06-01-2012, 04:05 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,124,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cme87 View Post
My boyfriend of three years says he is no longer happy. Recently he started saying that I am too controlling. I have controlling tendencies, but I try my best to be reasonable and considerate, especially ever since he has been pointing out my ‘issues.’ At times, I do get upset. In his world, there should be no problem if he chooses to play poker till daylight or if his (single) buddy comes over our house for extended periods of time nearly every day. In his eyes, he’s a man and he should be able to do whatever he wants. In my eyes, these things are not only annoying but they are inconsiderate, especially since we live together in small quarters.
Things weren’t always this way. For over two years, we had a great, happy relationship. I feel like maybe he’s just going thru a stage, and eventually he will snap outta it. I don’t want to just give up after a three year investment. We have so much in common and over the years we had grown so close. Plus, I’d hate to be back on the dating scene. Another part of me wonders if he was just infatuated with my looks and our many similarities. I am more attractive than he is, and he gets a lot of praise for having a pretty girlfriend. Maybe he isn’t made for a long-term relationship. I know I wasn’t made to be single. It almost seems like he doesn't want to get older. He's 29 and I'm 25.
Is this just a phase guys go through? Or do I need to have a chat with the landlord?
I hate to break this to you, but as "girlfriend" you have no rights to tell your boyfriend *anything* about his behavior. Either you are married or you are not. With the sacred vow of marriage you obtain the privilege of being able to comment on your opinion with respect to the behavior/habits of your husband. As an unpaid ho, you do not. Girlfriends are easily replaceable, as I suspect you will soon find out. Your boyfriend has no motivation WHATSOEVER to repair your relationship since you are infinitely expendable.

Perhaps the next time you will find a nice young man who will treat you with respect and honor and bother to marry you. Maybe.

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-01-2012, 04:21 PM

28 posts, read 64,589 times
Lol whatever lady

Old 06-01-2012, 04:25 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,124,373 times
Quote:
Lol whatever lady
Most people would not think that "Perhaps the next time you will find a nice young man who will treat you with respect and honor and bother to marry you", is funny. I guess if you have no concept of integrity it is.

go figure.

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-01-2012, 04:26 PM

770 posts, read 1,177,315 times
Quote:
Lol whatever lady
My sentiment exactly

Old 06-01-2012, 04:30 PM

150 posts, read 250,866 times
Yeah, this is an odd place to get relationship advice. If u can connect with 1-2 people, your doing good. Disregard all others since they are on a different wave length but then again you all kinds coming to this place seeking answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships