Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 07:39 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,426,865 times

Advertisements

Why is that disgusting? A lot of uptight people on this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 04:21 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,513,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog1 View Post
Some people like crazy and no amount of others pointing out how unfit the partner is will work. Hot or not , some people have to be shown by cheating or other bad behavior ,until then , they put up with a lot. Sex factors in too.

I think it is more about the superficial reasons. The ego boost, the status symbol of having a super good looking woman on their arm.
They don't care how bad she is, or if she is vacant in the moral department, as long as she is turning heads, they like that.
Looks can buy anything these days, unfortunately.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:31 AM

52,240 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
I think it is more about the superficial reasons. The ego boost, the status symbol of having a super good looking woman on their arm.
They don't care how bad she is, or if she is vacant in the moral department, as long as she is turning heads, they like that.
Looks can buy anything these days, unfortunately.
Not for me....

I like a woman to actually be my friend......

Old 06-03-2012, 04:32 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,266,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
There is an acquaintance of mine, who used to date one of my really good guy friends. The two of them had a son together accidentally, when she was 21. The kid has down's syndrome.
She's a bit of a lunatic (to put it nicely), but she is extremely attractive (men flocked to her/still flock to her). However, her attitude is terrible and she also has 3 kids by 2 different men (she's 25) and is a known cheater.
Was engaged to a very attractive successful man (who she had two children with) and she ended up cheating on him and he left her.
Since this breakup she is now dating another successful, attractive man who takes care of her while she is home with the kids.
I am just wondering how people like this still manage to find successful, attractive, good guys with all of these deal breakers. Do looks really excuse everything??
I would love to be able to say that I feel being good looking excuses all kinds of bad behavior, however I don't think it is necessarily the way it is. I was raised in a family of 5 girls with me being the 2nd to the oldest and perhaps at that time, not the best looking of the bunch but certainly no slouch either. I have a sister who was #4 out of the 5 of us and super pretty..always got away with EVERYTHING including dating a whole slew of guys who got what they wanted then "fled" when they saw her true side. I dated some and was always the one who got dumped..dated some great looking guys but feel that when I didn't give it up that easily, they would split.

I am thinking these guys your friend gets involved with are not thinking with the appropriate part of their anatomy. Often times when you keep someone around who is good looking only on the outside, you can get destroyed on the inside because they are so full of themselves and what they want. Unfortuately, yes, I think looks do often excuse bad behavior. Oh, by the way...my beautiful sister? She is now 63, missing teeth is super overweight and getting very forgetful. Her husband?? Super FAT, unhealthy and has never wanted to find a job that would pay him much above minimal wage. He LIVES at the "roach coach" at work (food truck) and spends most of his time on his Blackberry, computer or watching the Yankees. She falls asleep on her couch and wakes up and goes to work every day...not much of a life. It all has caught her. Me?? 64, married to someone 54, own a beautiful home with inground pool and have been retired since I was 55..life is good and I didn't have to pull any crap to get here....just being me!

Old 06-03-2012, 04:59 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,792,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
There is an acquaintance of mine, who used to date one of my really good guy friends. The two of them had a son together accidentally, when she was 21. The kid has down's syndrome.

She's a bit of a lunatic (to put it nicely), but she is extremely attractive (men flocked to her/still flock to her). However, her attitude is terrible and she also has 3 kids by 2 different men (she's 25) and is a known cheater.

Was engaged to a very attractive successful man (who she had two children with) and she ended up cheating on him and he left her.

Since this breakup she is now dating another successful, attractive man who takes care of her while she is home with the kids.

I am just wondering how people like this still manage to find successful, attractive, good guys with all of these deal breakers. Do looks really excuse everything??

The answer is contained in your question. Look how many broken relationships your friend has had. So the answer is no.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:43 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Women do the same exact thing..I have a good looking friend who says the most crude outlandish things to women and they laugh like hes Richard Pryor..if an unattractive Man said the same thing hed be labeled a creep..

I see it happening more with men.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:46 PM

102,209 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Women do the same exact thing..I have a good looking friend who says the most crude outlandish things to women and they laugh like hes Richard Pryor..if an unattractive Man said the same thing hed be labeled a creep..
I don't understand this phenomenon. I hate crude, no matter whose mouth it comes out of.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:43 PM

199 posts, read 391,202 times
I love non-disgusting women.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:34 PM

810 posts, read 1,808,084 times
Let me put this through my perspective.

I have made no secret on this forum that, as someone who is into fitness and weightlifting, that I am attracted to muscular, strong women who also like to weight train as well. It's an unconventional attraction, yes, but it's what I like, and if a woman like that is in a room with a skinny woman and a heavier-set one, I will more than likely approach the strong, muscular one. The importance of attraction shouldn't be downplayed as physical intimacy is a part of a relationship, but it shouldn't being overshadowing anything else. Attraction brings out the spark, but a woman's personality and character traits are what keep the fire burning. I do have dealbreakers, and a woman showing these kinds of traits are sure to be given an exit by me, no matter how closely they fit that body type that I am attracted to:

1. Ditziness. There are few things sexier than a well-spoken, intelligent and culturally curious woman. I am not asking her to give me the equation behind Planck's Constant or to give me a full analysis of Existentialism in American Literature, but I do love a woman who loves learning. While fitness is an integral part of my life, it is not the only thing. I have friends who are into fitness, but outside of that don't seem to have much going for them. They'll talk to me about their routines and post two dozen shirtless pictures of themselves on Facebook, but if you were to ask them about their opinion on current world affairs they'll return a blank stare to you.

2. Excess drinkers. I am a teetotaler, but I don't have a problem with a girlfriend engaging in a couple drinks occasionally so long as they don't pressure me to also partake. What I don't like would be dating someone who gets drunk on a regular basis.

3. Egotists. This is a huge one for me because I see this a lot amongst people who also share my hobby in fitness. It's good to show how you're progressing towards your goals, but there's a pretty thick line between showing your progress and just being a complete showoff.

Those are my main dealbreakers. They might attract me at first, but showing those behaviors will turn me completely off.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:59 PM

461 posts, read 782,471 times
It's not a woman or man thing, it's just shallow people. The unfortunate thing is children get the shaft in the deal. For the shallow woman, it's good to have kids with a rich father as she'll really get her hooks in him for life. That his price to pay and it seems they have no problem paying it and keep doing it over and over again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships