Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 01:16 AM

1,461 posts, read 2,179,044 times

Advertisements

How many people actually ask about the number of previous lovers? Seriously?

I don't think I have ever asked. I judge potential partners on what I am seeing and hearing. Once again, you can be told anything. As for my past it doesn't seem to be that bad to me given my age but to others.....who can say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 11:54 AM

44 posts, read 170,577 times
Lightbulb My reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexi-in-Arlington-Heights View Post
So when it comes to possibly dating someone does the number of previous partners matter?
Previous partners or lovers? It can be different.

I'd say if it's the latter, between 4, but less than 12 is a fair fugure if your looking back on your most active years. Remember the less partners the more time was spent (growing with?) with and between them.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:17 PM

136 posts, read 589,826 times
I had to come through and chime in on this one. It does matter to me I have always asked and have always been told.

This discussion came up between me and my cousin many years ago when we were single. She told me that she had never asked her Fiance of 5 years at that time for his numbers. We both knew that he had been a very promiscuous man in the past. In my opinion he was still then and probably is currently. Anyway, she decided to go home and ask him to give her his numbers. She called me almost in tears saying that his number was well over 100.

At that time he was around 22 maybe it is just me but that was high for the age!! What makes it so bad is that he never wanted to use protection. He did not like the feel according to her so she did not press the issue. So in the end he ended up setting her world on fire!! He denied that he was the cause but they are still together CRAZY RIGHT! My point it seems like you are more at risk for disease dealing with the high rollers than the low number guys.

Like someone else said sometimes you get tested and it does not show. Then all of a sudden it can come back to bite you!!!

Old 10-04-2007, 07:35 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,874,317 times
I have always asked. I think it's important to know.
I don't want to date someone who has been around the block!
My number is 0 thank you very much

Old 10-05-2007, 06:40 AM

Lightbulb The unfortunate alternative answer is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_info View Post
I had to come through and chime in on this one. It does matter to me I have always asked and have always been told.

This discussion came up between me and my cousin many years ago when we were single. She told me that she had never asked her Fiance of 5 years at that time for his numbers. We both knew that he had been a very promiscuous man in the past. In my opinion he was still then and probably is currently. Anyway, she decided to go home and ask him to give her his numbers. She called me almost in tears saying that his number was well over 100.

At that time he was around 22 maybe it is just me but that was high for the age!! What makes it so bad is that he never wanted to use protection. He did not like the feel according to her so she did not press the issue. So in the end he ended up setting her world on fire!! He denied that he was the cause but they are still together CRAZY RIGHT! My point it seems like you are more at risk for disease dealing with the high rollers than the low number guys.

Like someone else said sometimes you get tested and it does not show. Then all of a sudden it can come back to bite you!!!

It only takes one slip-up (pun not intended) to get infected; whether it was # 1 or # 99! I hope she is careful of him.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:48 AM

Default I'm sorry to hear that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
I have always asked. I think it's important to know.
I don't want to date someone who has been around the block!
My number is 0 thank you very much

You are missing out on one of lifes greatest pleasures and as close as a man and a woman can get on an emotional/united level.

Unless you are very obsessively terrified of catching a fatal disease or are abstinant for other very good reasons, I can't see why you would not partake of this wonderful act given to us by a higher power (just curious)?

Old 10-05-2007, 12:18 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,874,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitiBoy View Post

You are missing out on one of lifes greatest pleasures and as close as a man and a woman can get on an emotional/united level.

Unless you are very obsessively terrified of catching a fatal disease or are abstinant for other very good reasons, I can't see why you would not partake of this wonderful act given to us by a higher power (just curious)?
I don't want to catch something and I don't want to be used.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:47 PM

136 posts, read 589,826 times
Default True

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitiBoy View Post
It only takes one slip-up (pun not intended) to get infected; whether it was # 1 or # 99! I hope she is careful of him.
That is the truth it only takes one time to get pregnant and/or catch a disease. I hope that she is careful of him as well!

Old 10-08-2007, 03:56 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
Quote:
GoddessofRandomThoughts;1620821]How many people actually ask about the number of previous lovers? Seriously?
I was single a large part of my adult life and have been asked by a few girlfriends and I didn't like it.

I would never think to ask someone I'm in a realtionship "how many?". That's pretty crude.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:45 AM

Question More feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
I don't want to catch something and I don't want to be used.
If you are very careful their shouldn't be a problem.
Used?! True lovemaking is NOT being "used"! It is a mutual feeling that is shared. Besides if you really analize it who is really the user in certain situations-you'd be surprised.
I'm curious about something, if I may ask, how old are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships