Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 11:24 AM

436 posts, read 1,174,197 times

Advertisements

I repeat - 58yrs old guys. Is age 'just a number' now you know?

Old 09-23-2007, 11:29 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothylogan3 View Post
um... did i mention his age - 58yrs old. flippin 58! i mean hello!
So what??

A candidate for POTUS is older than that (Fred Thompson). The age differental with his wife is, I believe, larger than your cousins

Old 09-23-2007, 11:30 AM

859 posts, read 3,321,547 times
If they're both legal adults, both unmarried, I really don't see the problem.

To each their own. If she likes older, rich men then let her date one. Maybe the age gap is so big the relationship is unpractical in the long run, but let her live and learn.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:43 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,444,022 times
What do you mean by sugar daddy? Because in my day sugar daddys were players and usually married. they put a girl up in a house, bank account, car, and the girl is at the becken call for companionship and sex of the sugar daddy usually. Because the SD is paying for everything. I suppose anyone who keeps a girl in money and gifts could be a sugar daddy too.

Let me ask you this is he good to her?
That should be the question you want to know of anyone she dates.
Is he capable of loving her for a long term relationship or does he just want a new flavor of arm candy and does he have other flavors of arm candy hanging around?

If the answers to these questions are yes to all but the other arm candy then you should be happy for her.
There are so many creeps in the world and if she found a guy that is older but makes her feel like he is giving her the moon leave her alone and accept him into the family
because by not accepting him for no other reason than age is like not accepting someone because they are not the same religion as the family but area a great person otherwise it is just hurtful.
Ya know you might just find that you like the guy!

Old 09-23-2007, 11:44 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,548,321 times
Yes, the age difference between 58 and 22 is huge. And...? I repeat, there's nothing you can do. Period. Keep your opinion to yourself, be polite to him, and don't make her life Hell. And if they do end up breaking up years from now, keep your mouth shut and don't give her the "I told you so" routine. I'm sorry this relationship is so difficult for you to accept, but you don't have a choice.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:55 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,163,499 times
You sound jealous of her relationship with him!!!!!!!!

Old 09-23-2007, 12:38 PM

436 posts, read 1,174,197 times
someone asked me what do i mean by sugar daddy. well i mean that she is more like an accessory to him, and she is just happy to be showered with the expensive gifts. there is no depth what so ever in the relationship, its just a business transaction. i am not exaggerating, i wish i were. and i wish with all my heart that i could turn a blind eye to the affair, but the thing is as much as her life is her life and as you put it not my business, it is my business, she is family and for us that is more precious than all the riches of this world. i could let her be, but when this whole things blows in her face who is she going to? me, us, the family, as always. i wish i could feel the same way you guys feel, but its hard. she is missing out on a normal 22yr old life, he may be matured, but she is depriving herself of the opportunity to make some mistakes from which she could enrich her learning.

Old 09-23-2007, 12:38 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,340,034 times
Quote:
um... did i mention his age - 58yrs old. flippin 58! i mean hello!
OMG, he's so ancient !!!

Seriously, she sees something in this guy, she'll learn from it and I can see why she would want to be with him.
He wants to be with her because it boosts his inflated ego and if he's such a bad guy, once the sex becomes old hat, he'll be running the other way.
The thing to do is be patient and it will come out eventually what his intentions are toward your cousin.

Old 09-23-2007, 12:49 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
someone asked me what do i mean by sugar daddy. well i mean that she is more like an accessory to him, and she is just happy to be showered with the expensive gifts. there is no depth what so ever in the relationship, its just a business transaction. i am not exaggerating, i wish i were. and i wish with all my heart that i could turn a blind eye to the affair, but the thing is as much as her life is her life and as you put it not my business, it is my business, she is family and for us that is more precious than all the riches of this world. i could let her be, but when this whole things blows in her face who is she going to? me, us, the family, as always. i wish i could feel the same way you guys feel, but its hard. she is missing out on a normal 22yr old life, he may be matured, but she is depriving herself of the opportunity to make some mistakes from which she could enrich her learning.
I can understand your feelings, but you are going to have to learn to allow....there are just some things in life, you cannot control....people, all of us, gravitate to our friends and lovers b/c we can get something from the relationship...be it a tool for learning...a great lifetime experience, b/c we're compatible...b/c we think alike mentally, same political and religious views...or we both like art, or football, or going to sports bars...but we all have something in common with our friends and our lovers. So, whatever your cousin is getting out of this relationship, is her business...and maybe down the road, she will have had a positive or negative experience from this, but whatever her experience is...you cannot control that...and it really is not any of your business...you cannot tell people who to like and who not to like and if you continue to obsess with this, your making your life very difficult and you will end up loosing her as a friend. Sounds a bit to me, like everyone in your family should stay out of this and just sit back and "allow" her...which is sometimes the most difficult thing for people to do...but we all have to make our own mistakes to learn...and what if they break up, mutually, b/c they both decide, that this isn't a good thing, but they had a wonderful time together...It's not up to you to decide what is good for her and what is not.

What you should do, is get on with your life, and keep yoursef occupied...it just sounds to me, as if your family is just a tad to controlling b/c this is out of their comfort zone????

I don't know, what do you think....?

Old 09-23-2007, 12:56 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,444,022 times
I didn't see how long they have been together anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships