Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 06:55 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ceTr0n View Post
Oh Jesus tap dancing Christ, did you seriously just go there? Just for that, I'm gonna count how many used k cups from my cuisineart keurig are in the trash........ about 8 or so after a few days. I'm gonna have 3 cups of keurig coffee in the morning in your honor
Can't you reuse them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 08:06 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieGal View Post
My guess is that you are immature, or at least many people will think that. I have a similar mindset to yours but rather than label myself as immature, I consider myself young-at-heart. I think it's the same thing as immaturity, just from a different perspective.

I don't do a lot of "young stuff". I doubt I will go to a Lady GaGa concert, for example. But I went to a car racetrack on Friday night with a friend. And I go out hiking with my camera whenever I have the inclination and the time.

For me, I'll actually have to want to get married before I will. And children are still another mile down the road beyond that. Unlike many, I have dismissed any timetable for such things. Given the rocky road so many people have with marriage, my day for marriage may never come. If not, so be it. I'm not worried about it. Others are worried about it for me, but I'm not concerned. I am enjoying myself and am very conscious of the freedom my lifestyle affords me. I do not take it for granted.
When I was 28 I was single and very content with my life. However other people felt I needed to be married & have kids.

Fast forward 15 years where I am today is married and with an incredible young 12 year old boy.

I have been married to a difficult woman who needs help in everything. Quite the contrast from what I imagined.

When I read your thoughts I thought some loser will come into her life and disturb the peace. I too enjoy quiet walks in nature taking pictures but when i decide to do that I have a wife asking where I was and who with. Had she appreciated the things I enjoy I would have invited her. Sometimes it's a sunset that is spontaneous. You would think After 15 years she would trust me but she has lots of issues which only encourage me to move on when my boy is 18.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:54 AM

674 posts, read 1,161,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Too many women "make it" a way to cash in. Guys have little influence in whether she will or won't but the clueless posting here seem to think that it's always the guys fault.
Well take a look at who pays the heftier price for divorce? Men usually lose custody of the children, have to move out, pay child support, pay alimony....Not only does society put blame on them but they make them pay for it too.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:04 AM

652 posts, read 1,052,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-turtle View Post
Well take a look at who pays the heftier price for divorce? Men usually lose custody of the children, have to move out, pay child support, pay alimony....Not only does society put blame on them but they make them pay for it too.
How does society put the blame on them, unless they actually did something blameworthy?

Alimony is mostly a thing of the past.

These days, guys can get close to 50/50 custody, if that is what they really want.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:50 PM

227 posts, read 465,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Can't you reuse them?
No, not without a real mess and then its like whats the point there. There are special k cup adapters were you can put in your own coffee grounds and simply dump the grounds after each single use, so that will appease to the enviro wackos

Old 06-11-2012, 04:06 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,629,795 times
Hell man you got it made. If you are happy with your life the way it is why change it? At your age I would not even want to entertain the idea of having kids.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:12 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,309,332 times
Well, two of my closest co-workers are married, we are all the same age and I don't really hear a lot of good things about their marriages:

Case #1- Tom has been married for 2 years, his wife just had a baby 5 months ago and I have never seen this guy as stressed out as he has
been lately.

He is constantly IM'ing his wife through out the day and she is always complaining about something. Every time I tell him about my weekend trips and hooking up with different girls, I can tell he totally envies me. Financial situation: horrendous!

Case #2: Larry has been married for about 3 years. His wife is cool but she pretty much runs the show and wears the pants in the family. His wife has been pressuring him because she wants a baby and he is very weak, he will pretty much do whatever she tells him. They have a very weird marriage, because she is always traveling to different places and he seems to be OK with it, every time I tell him about a new girl I met, his eyes light up, and every time he sees a new girl in the office, he gets super excited, probably ain't getting much action from his wife, I would assume. Financial situation: horrendous!

Once again, these are two people who are very smart, good, educated and come from good families. I don't envy their lives not even for a minute!

Old 06-11-2012, 07:14 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,782 times
Repubocrat : Are you a Republican?

Old 06-11-2012, 07:28 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,400,554 times
According to society a man is crap if he's single or divorced. Divorced is worse cause you've been thrown on the scrapheap. I admire you for being a rebel and for being true to yourself. I wish I had your strength. I'll make a statement though and it'll be the biggest FU to society.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:32 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
According to society a man is crap if he's single or divorced. Divorced is worse cause you've been thrown on the scrapheap. I admire you for being a rebel and for being true to yourself. I wish I had your strength. I'll make a statement though and it'll be the biggest FU to society.
In Asian countries, if a woman is divorced then society will think negative of her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships