Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 10:39 PM

2,309 posts, read 3,848,274 times

Advertisements

Meaning do you know someone in your family or just a friend who seems to be the odd man out in their family dating / relationship wise?

example - one of my good female friends is set to have her first child in a week. Her husband and her have been married now 3 years. She had an average dating life prior to meeting him. They have a home in the suburbs, both professionally employed, educated, etc...

my friends youngest sister just graduated law school and is set to get married in august of this year.

now my friends twin sister is the basis for this thread. She is educated (has her masters in social work), is the asst. director of a major non-profit for the Atlanta Metro area, is probably a 7 out of 10 on the attractiveness scale (she is good looking but lacks that wow shes hot look) and has an enormous social network of friends and co-workers. However since i've known this girl through her sister now 8 years she has NEVER had a boyfriend. Whenever my friend and I chat about my dating life she always reminds me "so and so is still single" in an almost running joke type manner.

Anyone else know of any similar situations or people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 10:53 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,085,791 times
I'm friends with two brother aged 36 and 35 who have never had a GF as far as I know. They have a younger brother who is around 24 or so and he has had a lot of women apparently, from what people say. He has all kinds of women on his facebook page.

That'd be kind of embarrassing if your way younger brother was giving you advice on dating.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:14 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,729,169 times
yea, myself.

oh well people are as*holes and jerks. nothing can be done about this except to check out of existence. i hate the ways they act and the ways they think. i hate most of them period.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:56 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,783,876 times
I don't understand the stigma against single people. Some singles are single by choice.

My cousin is such a person. Everyone wants to set him up with women, and he will entertain them..go on the date..and heck, if the woman is attractive, he will take her home and enjoy her company, etc?but he has no desire for marriage or kids. He is the "black sheep" in the sense that he's the only single one in our close knit family, but only my aunt frets about it because she nags him about grand kids.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:04 AM

288 posts, read 717,045 times
I guess I fit the bill - 40 and no girlfriend yet - being short does not help.
Not single by choice. I would like to be dating. Online dating does not work for short people.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:04 AM

639 posts, read 828,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
yea, myself.

oh well people are as*holes and jerks. nothing can be done about this except to check out of existence. i hate the ways they act and the ways they think. i hate most of them period.
damn, you seemed upbeat in Music Forum. You need to unwind and take a hike around the Cape May Lighthouse

Old 06-04-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cash View Post
damn, you seemed upbeat in Music Forum. You need to unwind and take a hike around the Cape May Lighthouse

well music never cause me problems in life.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:08 AM

639 posts, read 828,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
well music never cause me problems in life.
true. You go to Cape May and south Jersey? quite different than NYC area lol, relax, do the bird watching, forget about girl and/or boy troubles

Old 06-04-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cash View Post
true. You go to Cape May and south Jersey? quite different than NYC area lol, relax, do the bird watching, forget about girl and/or boy troubles

i been down there before and it was nice but no i don't go to those types places anymore. i don't have boy/girl troubles, i don't like to get involved with them. just saying in general. tc

Old 06-04-2012, 11:18 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,299,494 times
Not having a boyfriend while doing well for yourself doesn't constitute a black sheep whatsoever.

Being atheist in a strictly religious family. Being a jobless drug addict in a family of successful individuals. Being goth in a family of country club golf players...these are more (though drastic) of what I think of when I think of a black sheep.

If shes happy and successful, those things should be celebrated not overlooked because her sisters are taking the more common (boring *yawn*) marriage/kids route.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships