Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 07:30 AM

65 posts, read 84,485 times

Advertisements

How many times have you asked yourself that in relationships?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 07:32 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,616,169 times
few times. if youre asking, chances are its time to get out....

Old 06-06-2012, 07:47 AM

331 posts, read 604,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1960 View Post

^^ I think everyone at some point or another goes through a stressful time in their lives and questions if the relationship they are in 'is it worth it?' It's how our brains work out problems, by asking questions/sorting through emotions and facts. I don't think it means it's time to jump and run, but allow yourself to really look into why you are asking yourself that. Do you have a lot of stress around you? Does your SO help with those stresses or add more??
True Love is ALWAYS worth it....

Old 06-06-2012, 07:51 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,160,182 times
I think you ask yourself it at various times throughout a relationship but if all goes well and you find 'the one' you find that the answers yes.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:21 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,014,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1960 View Post
If you're referring to your earlier post about having someone move in with their spoiled brat of a kid and you having to pick up both the emotional and financial tab ---> then you've answered your own question: NO!

Old 06-06-2012, 01:05 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,269,453 times
Is it all worth it?? Sure, who hasn't asked that question. However, the IT can vary for each person is IT illegal drug use, alcohol abuse, financial ruin? Or is IT bickering, messiness, laziness or apathy? No matter who you are, relationships have ups and downs. We all get frustrated, and say things we don't mean. Heck, we may even think things we don't mean. However, most of us can tell if it's worth it, and while we ask ourselves the question, we really already know the answer. If you don't know the answer, and have to ask someone else...then deep down, I believe you already know IT isn't worth it..

Old 06-06-2012, 01:08 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,937,938 times
In the wrong relationships I asked myself that all the time.

In the right one, I don't remember asking it at all

Old 06-06-2012, 01:13 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,122,815 times
I think sometimes it is. Every relationship has ups and downs. You can't always just give up because things get crappy, and it can be hard to know the difference sometimes between we're just going through a tough time and this relationship is really bad for me and I need to get out of it.

That said...love doesn't conquer all. I'm not bitter honestly, but I really believe love just isn't always enough. Sometimes there are circumstances that prevent people from being together. In the case of your other post I'm not sure it will be worth it for you. If you're not crazy about this woman's kid then to have this kid live in your house and you have to share in parenting and financial responsibilities day in and day out, then no, I'm sorry, but I don't think your love for this woman will be enough to overcome that.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:16 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
few times. if youre asking, chances are its time to get out....
Yup. I had to learn this the hard way.

I dated this girl for like a year and a half and by the end of it was asking myself that question nearly every week. What a waste of time.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:17 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,674,334 times
I think it's a question of for how long you're feeling that way. For short periods and at long intervals is one thing. Questioning it daily or even weekly is a sign that it's time for things to change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships