Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 04:48 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoma02 View Post
Because I thought she was clearly interested. It wasn't like a 1 time, 1 night thing... it happened over the course of a few weeks.
No....you said this:

Quote:
2 weeks ago, I met up with her and some of her friends and we hooked up 3 times that night.
and this...

Quote:
Then, last Friday, we went out with some of her friends and I stayed at her place, we hooked up twice, and left around noon on Saturday.
It just makes me wonder why the number of sex acts recorded during one night is relevant to you. It seems like a weird detail and it makes me wonder what you mean by "hooked up."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 04:53 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,908,318 times
I agree with zentropa.

For women it's not about quantity. It seems like she gave you a lot of chances, and herself a lot of chances and something about it put her off.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:02 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Yeah, it is a little hard to explain, but a night of GOOD sex isn't going to be something you quantify using a metric of "number of hookup times." Realistically, all the activity flows together if it is good, or even average. If it is really good, you are not even aware that time is passing or the specifics of what your bodies are actually doing from one moment to another! So it is impossible to describe how many times ANYTHING happened.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:12 PM

895 posts, read 475,692 times
I'd need more details to be sure, but it sounds like a classic case of female boredum. However, you MUST comprehend that when a man uses the word "bored" and when a woman uses the same word, "bored" it typically has two entirely different meanings. For a man it means lack of accomplishing, for a woman it means, lack of emotional stimulation, lack of relationship excitement.

The fact that you are counting the number of time that intercourse occurs generally demonstrates the key problem. You are trying to measure the success of the relationship based on how YOU feel about sex, by counting frequency you are measuring based on a male sense of accomplishment.

Unfortunately, most men never grasp that females don't think, operate, or measure sucess by anything that even remotely resembles that evaluation system. You need to learn the protocols of female attraction and how women feel and reason to begin to understand what is going on here.

Candidly, you bored her. Not in the male sense, but in the female sense. For women, sex is not about counting the number of times intercourse occurs, it is about Anticipation, Rush, and Connection. Based on your words above, your relationship became HIGHLY predicatable in a hurry, you'd meet, and then you'd start counting the number of times that intercourse occurred. NO Anticipation, NO Rush, and Little or NO Connection. For Most Men intercourse IS sex, for women it is the finish line.

You need to be deprogrammed if you want to have great relationships with women. That programming is beyond the scope of a quick reply, but hopefully I have given you a couple nuggets to get you started. Go man up, lead, and build allure for her with intruige, mystery, anticipation, teasing, stop leaping right to your finish line, leaving her needs (the non-physical ones) unattended.

Last edited by Cyno; 06-04-2012 at 10:14 PM..

Old 06-06-2012, 11:54 AM

927 posts, read 2,466,766 times
I appreciate all of the solid replies!

We had a "Taco Tuesday" date planned for last night. I hadn't heard much from her on Tuesday, so at 5pm I texted her, "Date night tonight or no?" She wrote back, "Sure! I get home at 7pm."

We ended up getting food and chatting over 3 hours at a restaurant near her house. Things were going great. Never really an awkward moment and I thought we were getting along really well. I walked her to her front door, she kissed me goodnight and went inside.

I texted her later that evening, "You are a fun date! Have a great day tomorrow!" and I never heard anything back...

What the hell is up with this chick? I'm thinking she just wants to keep it super casual?

Old 06-06-2012, 12:02 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Could be that there's no emotional bond established and she got bored.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:20 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,365,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Then wait to date.
See, I think this is the most logical conclusion, but people tend to only think about immediate gratification. Wait? To date? Ha!

Drama begets drama, eh~

Old 06-06-2012, 01:04 PM

927 posts, read 2,466,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
See, I think this is the most logical conclusion, but people tend to only think about immediate gratification. Wait? To date? Ha!

Drama begets drama, eh~
Yeah, I guess. She wasn't acting bored and I am into it, but I'm not spending another second thinking about this. She can contact me if she wants to hang.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:08 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoma02 View Post
I appreciate all of the solid replies!

We had a "Taco Tuesday" date planned for last night. I hadn't heard much from her on Tuesday, so at 5pm I texted her, "Date night tonight or no?" She wrote back, "Sure! I get home at 7pm."

We ended up getting food and chatting over 3 hours at a restaurant near her house. Things were going great. Never really an awkward moment and I thought we were getting along really well. I walked her to her front door, she kissed me goodnight and went inside.

I texted her later that evening, "You are a fun date! Have a great day tomorrow!" and I never heard anything back...

What the hell is up with this chick? I'm thinking she just wants to keep it super casual?
It could be that...

OR, possibly she regrets giving it up so soon and now wants you to woo her a bit - to actually date her.

In which case, you need to do the contacting and make a few dates, you know where you have to spend actual money on her.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:49 PM

674 posts, read 1,161,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It looks like she played you, like so many guys on this forum like to do with girls. Get over it and move on. Interesting that the guys don't like it when they get a taste of their own medicine (not that you're that kind of guy, necessarily...)
Ah yes, the bitter old woman has arrived to tell the guy he's getting a taste of the male species medicine that has wronged her in her entire life.

It sounds like you need to get help before you start dating again. Any man wil lbe able to tell how bitter you are and move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativenancy View Post
A). She had her fun and hooked up with you multiple times and would like to call it quits.

B). She just found out that you still live with your ex.

C). She found someone else to play with.

D). She's just not that into you.

E). All of the above.
F). She's been busy

G). Things are just cooling down, it's only been a few days

H). She just had fun with you and was never really serious in the first place

I). She has some personal things going on that could be occupying her (sick family member, friend needing help, hard time at work, etc.)

J). Good chance that it is nothing that has to do with you.

Try not to think about it, stay busy, hang with friends, and see if she reaches out to you in the next couple days. Maybe she's testing you to see if you're needy. Maybe she's not sure how she feels and is taking a step back (if she realizes she misses you she'll call you).

Trust me, no woman at this stage you're at is worth worrying about. Take it for what it is: You had some fun recently, you aren't in a committed relationship, you aren't going anywhere and neither is she, give her some breathing room, use this time to meet some other girls, and if you both are mutually into each other you'll find a way to reconnect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships