Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 12:48 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
Yes to all of those! Which is why I am iffy and on the fence about the "financial" matter.

I'm not really sure what you meant by your quoted comment, but plenty of people date regardless of whatever situation they may be in.
Stop worrying about men.... go get a job.... get your own place.

You're basically calling the dude a loser..... you don't sound too far from him... if your still living at home at 26.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 12:52 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,985,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Stop worrying about men.... go get a job.... get your own place.

You're basically calling the dude a loser..... you don't sound too far from him... if your still living at home at 26.

I do have a job. Selective reading much?

Old 06-05-2012, 12:55 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
Quote:
Yes to all of those! Which is why I am iffy and on the fence about the "financial" matter.

I'm not really sure what you meant by your quoted comment, but plenty of people date regardless of whatever situation they may be in

The point is that you made this one of your boyfriend's negative aspects while saying you want someone of equal ambition.

He had a car too. S*** happened and now he doesn't.

Having a car has zero to do with ambition sometimes.

He is on workmans comp. That is income. Again....life is rough and s*** happens.

How many homes have you bought?

Old 06-05-2012, 12:55 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
I do have a job. Selective reading much?
Didn't answer my post...

Selective reading yourself......

Old 06-05-2012, 01:01 PM

65 posts, read 84,407 times
Based on what I have read by you in this thread.......You basically think a lot of the guy ( don't know if love is being thrown around by either of you ). You enjoy spending time with him and are 'comfortable with him. Is this accurate?

Do you want to keep dating him? What is the status of your relationship, open or committed?

If you are in an open relationship then it does not matter what you do does it? If you are committed then that is another matter. But be honest with him. Don't let him think you are committed while looking around. I am sure you would not want him doing the same. If there is a commitment between the two of you maybe you and he need to sit down and talk about it.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Didn't answer my post...

Selective reading yourself......
Job..Apartment...blah..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1960 View Post
Based on what I have read by you in this thread.......You basically think a lot of the guy ( don't know if love is being thrown around by either of you ). You enjoy spending time with him and are 'comfortable with him. Is this accurate?

Do you want to keep dating him? What is the status of your relationship, open or committed?

If you are in an open relationship then it does not matter what you do does it? If you are committed then that is another matter. But be honest with him. Don't let him think you are committed while looking around. I am sure you would not want him doing the same. If there is a commitment between the two of you maybe you and he need to sit down and talk about it.
Yes. I am quite fond of him and we do say "I Love You" to one another..And yes, I enjoy our time together and am comfortable with him.

We are in a commited relationship, and I just wanted other peoples opinions on my question. And, I honestly don't know if I want to keep dating him.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:17 PM

640 posts, read 717,612 times
Quote:
Everything but the financials.
Fine. That's fair...tell him.

Say, "Look, you are sensitive and caring, a complete man in every way except for your financial misdoings which happen to coincide with a massive economic bubble burst....I'd like to keep seeing you for the time being until I can find someone who circumstancially meets my requirements"

Old 06-05-2012, 01:27 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
If you're not happy, let him go and be on your own for a while. Looking around while you are still with him is being dishonest with yourself and with him, and it's not fair to him. It will also not land you anyone worthwhile. A good man will not consider getting together with a woman who is still seeing someone else. It's not even a matter of morals. It's a matter of common sense. Smart men don't need or want the drama. Getting involved with you would be inviting drama. It would also be inviting instability as you make the transition from your parents' house to your own place.

The world is a big, exciting place. Explore it on your own, learn more about yourself, and work on your own foundation for a while. You have plenty of time. When you are established and on the path to achieving your goals, and when you can offer what you seek in a partner, then it would be a good time to look. Sorry, but although you have a job and a car, you still live with your parents, and that means you have a lot of growing to do. You need to learn how to manage your own living quarters, be on your own two feet, and learn how to deal with life with integrity. That's the kind of woman a good man wants, not someone who can't be trusted to be honest with herself and with him.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
If you're not happy, let him go and be on your own for a while. Looking around while you are still with him is being dishonest with yourself and with him, and it's not fair to him. It will also not land you anyone worthwhile. A good man will not consider getting together with a woman who is still seeing someone else. It's not even a matter of morals. It's a matter of common sense. Smart men don't need or want the drama. Getting involved with you would be inviting drama. It would also be inviting instability as you make the transition from your parents' house to your own place.

The world is a big, exciting place. Explore it on your own, learn more about yourself, and work on your own foundation for a while. You have plenty of time. When you are established and on the path to achieving your goals, and when you can offer what you seek in a partner, then it would be a good time to look. Sorry, but although you have a job and a car, you still live with your parents, and that means you have a lot of growing to do. You need to learn how to manage your own living quarters, be on your own two feet, and learn how to deal with life with integrity. That's the kind of woman a good man wants, not someone who can't be trusted to be honest with herself and with him.

Thanks! I will definitely heed your advice.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:53 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,470,434 times
If you are in a committed relationship or he has any reason to believe you two are exclusive, then keeping your eyes open for a replacement is a slippery slope to cheating on him. You need to decide to either give him a real chance or else break up and then look for a replacement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships