Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2012, 03:49 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,783,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Women are not attracted to shorter men then them. You cannot blame them for this. This is how their brain works. Why don't you get a height lift?

My brain must be malfunctioning. Just like a woman to break something she barely uses, huh? Giggle giggle.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:50 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortDoctor View Post
It's not even the fact that I'm not getting any (although that does sting). I'm 37 and at this point in my life I thought I would already have a family. I paid my dues, worked hard in school, have a great career...but women just can't get over my height. If I sound bitter, well it wasn't always like that. But after constantly getting rejected you do feel some sort of disgust for yourself. Imagine if you tried to get a job and were shot down time and time again. Surely you'd be a bit angry. I even tried online dating and out of all the women maybe only 2 were willing to date someone my height (and she required he be Jewish!).

LOL small man syndrome in spades.

I don't blame you though, it would be tough...but a lot of people suffer some sort of dating handicap that they still manage to overcome. Look around you...you will see ugly men paired up, fat men paired up, short men, skinny men, men without limbs...all with apparently, loving and happy partners.

Their secret is, they put their own ego on the back burner, and go out into life expecting the best.

They may have had to be extremely romantic. They may have had to summon up the guts to speak to the girl on the bus. They may have met their partner through church, or work, or friends.

One thing is for sure, they didn't give up, and they didn't get angry with the world.

That is the worst handicap you can have in the game of love.

If you are looking in places like dating sites, well of course straight away you're going to be stereotyped and off some people's lists...it's just asking for rejection. Getting angry and resentful and sullen is not attractive. How about you stop cursing your height, and start looking around you with a smile on your face? Most people are just desperate for someone to be nice to them. You can win all sorts of hearts this way...we all know the ordinary guy with the girlfriend who looks like a supermodel. You are too busy figuring you're going to get a knock-back, it makes you self involved and self pitying. Stop assuming it's "all about you"...it's not.

A lot of women aren't bothered by height, at all. Myself included. It's the "short man syndrome", eg that resentment and pointless anger, that's the turnoff.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:54 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Haha well what's the best way to identify women like yourself who are willing to give short men a chance?
A life coach can help you with that too.

Mostly, it's a maturity thing - you have to quit trying to date girls and find some real women - preferably over the age of 33 at least.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:55 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
Quote:
Haha well what's the best way to identify women like yourself who are willing to give short men a chance?

1. drop the angry attitude
2. stop putting yourself on stupid dating sites
3. stop brooding about yourself
4. start showing a genuine interest in life and people instead of "what about me"

these things tend to gel naturally. You can't force them. Try being an interesting and interested person instead of the angry little guy with a frown on his face.

As I said, I am contemplating dating a very small guy. He is Maltese, I'm not sure if you are aware but they are a nation of short people. The men are downright petite.

This guy is fresh out of a marriage...the reason the marriage broke is because she caught him cheating...several times I suspect. He has absolutely no problem getting TOO MANY women even though he would barely be 5 ft. Likewise, his brothers, uncles and cousins, all vertically challenged, all players...women, in general, can't get enough of them.

I suspect the reason they're all chick magnets is

1. they don't have the psychological barrier of being short because everyone in the family is short and doesn't care
2. these guys know the secrets to a womans desires....which cannot be learnt sitting at home pouting. They are chick magnets, probably because they walk and talk with that strutting confidence a guy only has when he KNOWS he's a good lover.

I cannot know you, but I can guarantee that there is more to your non-attractiveness than merely your height. Short guys have to try extra hard, sure...but I doubt you try at all.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:56 PM

296 posts, read 571,724 times
My dating age range is 28 to 39 (I want my own kids). I honestly don't want to end up that 50 year old guy who still chases after women in their 30s.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonwatcher View Post
oh brother, I'm short, let your goodness shine and get on with it. Someone will see beyond your height. Really...
ABSOLUTELY, 1000% correct

Old 07-03-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
My dating age range is 28 to 39 (I want my own kids). I honestly don't want to end up that 50 year old guy who still chases after women in their 30s.
Then time is of the essence my friend.

You NEED help. Get busy finding that life coach.

I'm telling you, all you desire IS obtainable if you are willing to learn a few things and take some help.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:59 PM

718 posts, read 2,079,662 times
Not your height....possibly your attitude and your regard for women or lack thereof? You can "get laid" as you put it....but then you have to pay for it. If looking for free, at least be nice.

Old 07-03-2012, 04:00 PM

296 posts, read 571,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Then time is of the essence my friend.

You NEED help. Get busy finding that life coach.

I'm telling you, all you desire IS obtainable if you are willing to learn a few things and take some help.
Haha what's with all this promotion for a life coach? Wouldn't it be easier just to tell me how to identify women who don't have a deal breaking height preference?

Old 07-03-2012, 04:00 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
LOL small man syndrome in spades.

I don't blame you though, it would be tough...but a lot of people suffer some sort of dating handicap that they still manage to overcome. Look around you...you will see ugly men paired up, fat men paired up, short men, skinny men, men without limbs...all with apparently, loving and happy partners.

Their secret is, they put their own ego on the back burner, and go out into life expecting the best.

They may have had to be extremely romantic. They may have had to summon up the guts to speak to the girl on the bus. They may have met their partner through church, or work, or friends.

One thing is for sure, they didn't give up, and they didn't get angry with the world.

That is the worst handicap you can have in the game of love.

If you are looking in places like dating sites, well of course straight away you're going to be stereotyped and off some people's lists...it's just asking for rejection. Getting angry and resentful and sullen is not attractive. How about you stop cursing your height, and start looking around you with a smile on your face? Most people are just desperate for someone to be nice to them. You can win all sorts of hearts this way...we all know the ordinary guy with the girlfriend who looks like a supermodel. You are too busy figuring you're going to get a knock-back, it makes you self involved and self pitying. Stop assuming it's "all about you"...it's not.

A lot of women aren't bothered by height, at all. Myself included. It's the "short man syndrome", eg that resentment and pointless anger, that's the turnoff.
It sucks to hope for the best and get crushed. That is a pain I wouldn't wish on anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships