Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2012, 02:47 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Some people prefer brown eyes, don't worry. Blue eyes are over-hyped.
Some things are just icing on the cake. Eyes aren`t one of those things that are make it or break it for most people. The point is, we all have preferences. That`s what makes it all interesting.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:50 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Brown or black eyes are total icing on the cake. LOVE that icing!

Old 07-04-2012, 02:53 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
This is it exactly. I love being tall, men generally don't like really tall women and that's not really my problem. I can't change it, and while I do think it's ridiculous I get rejected for something so silly, it's nothing I can change.
That`s true. Most men prefer women shorter than them and most women prefer men taller than them. Me? The idea of nice long legs is inspiring. But I think for most folks, it`s more than height. Height is a first impression factor. But if a women is tall and beautiful with an attractive personality, then most men wouldn`t care about the height. Same thing with short men. If a guy is short but goodlooking with a great personality, then he won`t have trouble. Most people that complain about height, there is usually something else in play.... weight, personality,etc.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:04 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
That`s true. Most men prefer women shorter than them and most women prefer men taller than them. Me? The idea of nice long legs is inspiring. But I think for most folks, it`s more than height. Height is a first impression factor. But if a women is tall and beautiful with an attractive personality, then most men wouldn`t care about the height. Same thing with short men. If a guy is short but goodlooking with a great personality, then he won`t have trouble. Most people that complain about height, there is usually something else in play.... weight, personality,etc.
That's totally up for interpretation. What one woman's idea of a great personality is another woman's total bore. He's nearly putting her to sleep. The same with looks. Some women get off on the skinny, nerdy, smart professional types. Other women need a hell of a lot more than that. Some women care about money. Others, if he was the richest man around, it can't take away his total lack of balls and unmanly traits.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:43 PM

296 posts, read 571,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Yes, true.

So, knowing that, you could go two ways.

As an analogy...

"Screw fat chicks. I'm not into fat chicks and I'm not apologizing worth sh@t."

OR

"You know, if she was great, I'd consider a somewhat overweight woman. Life has been unfair for me in ways too. I'll give her a chance."

I mean to gloat about liking what you like just kinda sucks...
Very true. There was a blog post written by a nurse a few months ago titled "What is it with short men?" She was furious that short men would have the audacity to approach her. What would be the response if someone dared write "What is it with fat women?"

As an aside, I know several guys who are over six foot, have no job, don't try all that hard to get one, and are frequently addicted to drugs. One guy is even schizophrenic. However, they have no problem whatsoever getting women.

And if you point out your own problems with dating to them, their answer is always some PC comment about how you need to be more confident.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:50 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Is that what generated this thread topic, a blog by some jerk nurse? And you didn't just blow it off? Kind of reminds me of Gatsby and the Brush-Off-From-Hell by that female bodybuilder that really shook him up. My advice: fuggedaboutit.

There will always be women with self-esteem issues or other problems who tolerate people like those several guys you know. They're in the minority though. Why does everyone here fixate on women like that, and take them to be the norm? Are you really a doctor? You don't sound like one. Docs usually have a more balanced perspective. Are you a depressed med student?

Old 07-04-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortDoctor View Post
Very true. There was a blog post written by a nurse a few months ago titled "What is it with short men?" She was furious that short men would have the audacity to approach her. What would be the response if someone dared write "What is it with fat women?"

As an aside, I know several guys who are over six foot, have no job, don't try all that hard to get one, and are frequently addicted to drugs. One guy is even schizophrenic. However, they have no problem whatsoever getting women.

And if you point out your own problems with dating to them, their answer is always some PC comment about how you need to be more confident.
Confidence is in the eyes of the beholder. You can be "confident". Just not too much, cuz then you are a powerful man and an a$$hole. I'll take the guy who knows what he "can do" versus some cooked up fake "the star with women" confidence any day.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:07 PM

296 posts, read 571,662 times
No need to knock my credentials just because we disagree. Ruth, I really should stop posting at CD and just take some of the other posters' advice about focusing on myself and not caring about the whole relationship BS. I actually don't have anything against what you have to say as you genuine do seem to see the good in people and are frank in your responses. However, I do believe my perspective is balanced and everything I write is honestly from my own experiences. There are times though where I just step back and realize it could all be much worse, so really I think I'm just going to live my life.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:09 PM

499 posts, read 756,711 times
I respect this post and idea of "pseudo biology" to justify preferences. Let a man try to justify why he isn't attracted to black or darkskin women, why he must have a woman with big boobs , let a guy say it is natural to want a woman who is young and not fat and before you know it you'll have an insult-fest filled with women with pitchforks saying "You're all brainwashed by the media, you're insensitive, you're all jerks, scum, blah-blah-blah"..

If a woman is wronged by a tall man, you'll never hear her say "I will never date tall men again". Women and people alike will scream out "short man syndrome" the minute a short man does anything normal. They will be compared to dictators like Napolean, but you'll never hear taller men being compared to dictators though the majority of the major dictators over the last 70 years or so have been tall (Fidel Castro 6'1, Saddam Hussein 6'3, Osama Bin Laden 6'5, Manuel Noriega 5'11, Slobadon Milosevic 6'0, Joseph Kony 6'0). The Average Height of prison inmates in the U.S.? Yep, you guessed it, also 6'. But they keep comparing short guys to some guy who lived 200 years ago and was average height during his day. They never compare short guys to Martin Luther King (5'6), James Brown (5'6), Pitbull (5'6), Winston Churchill (5'7), Quincy Jones (5'6), D'Angelo (5'6), Robert Reich (4'10), Floyd Maywhether (5'7), Miguel Cotto (5'7), Manny Pacquiao (5'6) and Michael Bloomberg (5'6).

Just stereotype after stereotype.

This post is not an onslaught against taller guys, but all of the hype is psuedo-science. You like tall guys because (1) that is what you find attractive and (2) the media plays up the "top" 10% of the male population (6' + is still only 10-12%). 5'7 and below is 30%. It's only recently that you're starting to see this huge number of Hollywood actors being tall. I remember the press getting mad when they got the last guy to play James Bond because he was "only" 5'10. Yet, in the comic books Wolverine is but 5'3.... so they get Hugh Jackman (6'2) to play him. Nobody cried "foul" then. They now want to get Lauren Fishbourne to play Martin Luther King in a new biopic coming out (6'2), when Martin Luther King himself was a smidge below 5'6 (and 5'6 was short even in the late 60s). - See how SHORT 5'6 Martin Luther King Jr is compared to 6'3 President Lyndon Johnson in this pic - http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...190.tif&page=1

Taller guys excel as athletes and CEOs because society favors taller people from birth onto adulthood, and both short and tall people at the moment accept and condone heightism on a concious level. It's a part of society. It's mainly why most all successfu shorter guys are self-made men (Andrew Carnegie 5'0, Michael Bloomberg 5'6, Mark Zuckerberg 5'8.... who Giraldo Rivera once described him saying "I cannot understand how such a tiny man is so rich and powerful.... really?).

If you asked anyone in 1820 if Blacks were "naturally inferior" to other races, most anyone not black would've agreed. It was accepted.

Let it go. You're more attracted to Taller men than shorter ones... really it's okay. Just stop with the psudeo science. Neanderthals were huge and didn't make it. It's just the last 40 years or so where Humans are getting really tall. If short men were so bad for the gene pool, they would've been wiped out LONG AGO or would be significantly less in numbers.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortDoctor View Post
No need to knock my credentials just because we disagree. Ruth, I really should stop posting at CD and just take some of the other posters' advice about focusing on myself and not caring about the whole relationship BS. I actually don't have anything against what you have to say as you genuine do seem to see the good in people and are frank in your responses. However, I do believe my perspective is balanced and everything I write is honestly from my own experiences. There are times though where I just step back and realize it could all be much worse, so really I think I'm just going to live my life.
To expand on what I just said. When I come into your office or the ER all banged up, you push everyone aside to help me. You don't second guess yourself or doubt that you KNOW that you can help me. I'm bleeding all over the place or hurt. Now that's confidence Sir. Who cares what some broad says. Man to man!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships