Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 09:46 PM

3 posts, read 2,793 times

Advertisements

Hey heres my issue it's kinda long but Im kinda desperate and I would really appreciate some feedback thanks.(Sorry for bad use of english.)

I'm a guy, im 20 and sadly i've never had a girlfriend before (Probably because i used to be a little overweight?) anyways now i work out and take care of my body (eat vegetables etc...) and im pretty confident in many situations except for when it comes to dating and asking out girls.

Now theres this girl at my job , we ve been co-workers for a while now and i've always been into her she has very sweet ways and she is very beautiful(I want to tell her that how she is dressed looks absolutly stunning but i have no idea about how to properly do it). She had a boyfriend for a while and so thats why i didnt have my chance with her but right now she told me that it was done with her boyfriend!
She usually talks to me a lot and seem to have a good time around me (well thats the impression I get). The other day we were talking during the job I mentionned how i found another of our co-worker fun and i told her how we often went and played some badminton she said she would like to come along so i grabbed her phone number and told her that id call her next time we go she seemed happy about it.

Now my problem is I dont know if shes into me for a relationship or if shes just trying to make friends with me im very confused thats why im posting this here so that maybe someone could open my eyes or ask me the right question to make my choice of reaction simple (Should I a move or not)

If you need more informations just ask away and I will reply when I see it thanks a lot for reading this and for the help

- ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 09:50 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Call her and go play badminton.

Restrain yourself from declaring your love. Just play and have fun.

After the game, see if she wants to go get something to eat with you.

During the meal, ask a lot of questions about her. Along the way, see if you still feel the same way. If you do, ask her if she wants to go out with you sometime.

Then you'll (probably) have a date!

Relax and have fun!

Also, stop making sad faces and stop saying you're desperate. Don't place artificial deadlines on your life. Who said you should have X number of girlfriends by age 20?

Be glad this girl gave you her number, seems friendly and wants to have fun. Just go with it.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:10 PM

Thanks a lot Wmsn4life great post, very clear. The lunch thing is a great idea im going to do that thanks again!!

Old 06-07-2012, 10:12 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
You are welcome. I hope it goes well.

It does sound like she wants to be around you. That is a good start.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:21 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,803,986 times
Not much to add except that Wmsn4Life gave good advice and you should go with it. And yeah, no more sad faces--these should be happy faces b/c girls do not give phone numbers to guys they have no interest in dating. And whatever you do, don't put her on a pedestal--just treat her as an equal and as someone you deserve to date b/c it sounds like you do. Now go and see if she deserves you.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:23 PM

I hope it goes well too im going to reply here when I've done it to give you some feedback or maybe to ask something else who knows

Old 06-07-2012, 10:24 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,052,004 times
She might drop you in the friendship zone.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:27 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times
Go hang out with this girl and call 3 others. My rule is to be talking to at least 3 girls, if you get focused on 1 you start to get too into her and you push her right away.

One thing, no she's not into you for a relationship and if you start thinking about a relationship before you've even made out with her you're already disqualifying yourself. Take it one step at a time, hang out with her , make a move on her and let things go from there. If you think you're gonna wait to kiss her until she's your girlfriend just give up now.

She's gotta be into you if she wants to hang out, so establish how it's gonna be and do it. Looks like you got a good start man, go with it and you'll be just fine!

Old 06-07-2012, 11:31 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadpandaface View Post
Thanks a lot Wmsn4life great post, very clear. The lunch thing is a great idea im going to do that thanks again!!
Just be casual and easy-going. Don't stress out, as if your entire future depends on your being brilliant and witty during the game and at lunch. Stay calm, keep it low key.

I didn't know people still played badminton. I love badminton.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:21 AM

2,093 posts, read 4,699,458 times
And show confidence by being secure about who you are. Don't be too concerned about the logistics of dating... just enjoy the time with her. Be really into her as a person instead of acting desperate for a girlfriend or a relationship. Who knows, you just may realize that she's not the type for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships