Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2012, 01:00 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texabama View Post
Stifle yourself Edith, and go get me a beer!
hahaha Archie, is that you??

Old 06-06-2012, 01:09 PM

782 posts, read 1,087,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
hahaha Archie, is that you??
Yes. Did you miss me? Oh, and Meathead, get out of my chair!!!!

Old 06-06-2012, 01:13 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Typical response from an arrogant Dr really.

Many of them have this "I am a god, I can do no wrong" attitude.

They think they are some gift...such a joke.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:20 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Typical response from an arrogant Dr really.

Many of them have this "I am a god, I can do no wrong" attitude.

They think they are some gift...such a joke.
I will say that one guy said in an IM conversation to me, "Your orgasm is your own responsibility."

Ew.

Yeah, dude, see ya. In that case, why do I need you? I've got hands, a selection of battery-operated devices and a healthy imagination.

I go all out to make my partner happy - after all, what's the point otherwise? I expect a certain amount of similar consideration in return.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:25 PM

17 posts, read 14,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyno View Post

Like it or not; Men State, Women Negotiate. Woman-speak communication protocols usually start by asking questions to make statements and making statements to ask questions. This is totally backwards and makes NO sense to men, especially, men that won't accept that's just the way it is and work within the defined species we live in. Dan most likely heard a man's version of what a woman was trying to communicate. Since Dr. Dan has no interest in improving in this area, albeit that he is probably a high IQ person, she may do better to move on anyhow.
Interesting idea. I see some of that. I do believe that it is incumbent upon the person desiring to communicate an idea to be sure they are understood, and not to put the responsibility onto the person they are engaging to understand. This means the instigator needs to work towards speaking in the manner of the person they are talking to. If both parties desire to have a healthy relationship they will meet in the middle somewhere. I have real problems with men being told that they are supposed to engage women as other women engage women. I think most women would agree that they do not want to be talked to in the way that men talk to each other. There is and should be a difference in how men and women communicate with each other.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:25 PM

782 posts, read 1,087,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I will say that one guy said in an IM conversation to me, "Your orgasm is your own responsibility."

Ew.

Yeah, dude, see ya. In that case, why do I need you? I've got hands, a selection of battery-operated devices and a healthy imagination.

I go all out to make my partner happy - after all, what's the point otherwise? I expect a certain amount of similar consideration in return.
Good reply. I wish I could give you 10 rep points for the comment in bold. I wish everyone thought this way.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:27 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Your pillow can talk? That's pretty amazing. What are you going to rest your head on when you sleep now?
Yes, but..........flatly

Old 06-06-2012, 01:33 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,265,296 times
Its simple, we have a penis, and woman are from Venus.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:36 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
@the original poster, I'm not gonna argue that the rich aren't different, because I've looked in from the fringes of that world. They are. But when a woman says "I have needs" she ain't talking food and water. Unless you're a complete ignoramus, you knew that.

You had some options. You could have said "Wow. That was a pretty rude thing to say." You could have said "What do you mean?" You could have said, "Tell me what I could be doing differently." Instead you chose to say something ruder (and deliberately obtuse) in return and walk out because it made the best story in your head and probably because addressing her statement in a meaningful way would have led you down a path you were uncomfortable traveling.

In fact, you seem to have posted the entire episode to make you seem "cool" because you pulled off something that seemed so well-scripted. But I'm not impressed. What she said was not so terrible. It was a conversation starter, even if it was clumsy. You don't get a prize for treating your lover worse than she treated you. Sorry.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:37 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,265,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeD Ten-Foured View Post
This is interesting. I see different reactions based on peoples own experiences. Mine is one that when my college girl friend said something similar she was already one foot out the door with someone I thought was a friend of mine. My wife said this multiple times in our marriage. As I look back and know more, it always came out of her mouth when someone else was meeting her needs. If a woman were to use those words with me today, I would likely consider the book closed on her, whether I ask what she means by it or not. My experience tells me that these are not words spoken by a woman who wants to fix things, but wants to point out why you aren't going to be good enough. I am sure there are different experiences for people to compare with, but this man's response in comparison with my experience is totally rational and mature. If a woman wants to communicate a need or desire to me that she would like me to meet, she should not start with a general statement that indicates failure, but simply voice what she desires and give me a chance to decide what I am going to do about it.
Great post..I agree with your assumption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships