Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2012, 12:03 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,803,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Isnt that the truth. I stopped by subway to grab lunch and looked at the people sitting at the tables. Everyone of them were engrossed in their phones and never looked up. I thought about making faces at everyone just to see if they would notice.
So the question now is how do guys like myself cope with hordes of women who appear to be more in love with their gadgets than anything else? How do we compete with (or, I should say, AGAINST) the gadgets?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 12:15 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,592,324 times
Yeah, this smart phone nonsense is just plain ridiculous nowadays. I have one, but I use it when i need to for the most part. Ladies, get off your damn phone for a minute, the world wont end - I promise.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:16 PM

20,627 posts, read 19,289,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
So the question now is how do guys like myself cope with hordes of women who appear to be more in love with their gadgets than anything else? How do we compete with (or, I should say, AGAINST) the gadgets?
Men have been competing with vibrators for even longer. Stop complaining and give them a little crap about it by teasing them. You should have a few stock remarks about their gadgets already. "I am looking for an old fashion girl with a black rotary phone. Do you know any?" Or "It is more blessed to give than to send". The latter has got to work well with religious babes.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:17 PM

20,627 posts, read 19,289,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Yeah, this smart phone nonsense is just plain ridiculous nowadays. I have one, but I use it when i need to for the most part. Ladies, get off your damn phone for a minute, the world wont end - I promise.
Smart phones are relative terms, i.e. the dumber the person, the smarter their phone.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:18 PM

36,226 posts, read 30,664,456 times
Quote:
I guess that question could go both ways. Me, Im not going to compete. If someone cant put down the phone for a few hours, Im not interested.

Perhaps one of the differences is that today people expect things too fast. Everything is fast, almost instantaneous. No one has the time or patience to let things develop. We cant move slowly enough to enjoy and appreciate the process of getting to know someone or the anticipation of moving onto the next level.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:19 PM

26,691 posts, read 41,629,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Smart phones are relative terms, i.e. the dumber the person, the smarter their phone.
I guess I must be a genius because my Blackberry is so stupid it thinks a quarterback is a refund.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:38 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,713,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
No, a dude like that is just a idiot, and is not represenative of every man at a bar.
There's a lot of idiots out there then. B/C what 2mares just described is exactly what I'm talking about and has happened to me more then once and I haven't been approached in bars nearly as much as other women, so I can't imagine how many times they have seen this scenario.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Wow. In reading this thread I am thankful for my decision to never go to bars and clubs. God forbid if I ever wanted to meet someone and PERHAPS form a relationship with someone aside from the usual work/school/grocery store venues. I certainly wouldn't have wanted to have been taken for a 'creep', 'loser', or any other derogatory term simply for being a decent guy with decent intentions.

Wow. No wonder I am jaded. Seems to me everyone else is as well... and that's from where I get it.

So you just figured out going to bars is not the place most women would consider an ideal situation for setting up a serious relationship? Excellent work.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:08 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,580,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby1925 View Post
but there's nothing wrong with women who go out that are not interested in mingling with men.
That's fine by me too, but why do most of the young women today go to such great lengths to dress provocatively and sexually tease men?

I don't get it? Why do modern women dress in the most inappropriate ways, but yet get mad when men try to constantly hit on them or look at them too long.

I truly feel sorry for young men today, it must be so confusing to see half naked girls prancing all around you, where at the same time, they want nothing to do with you, and would rather kiss, hug and grind on other girls.

This is why I don't go to clubs in America. You think I'm going to stand around like a fool (after I paid to get in VS the girls who go in FREE!) and and let a bunch of girls sexually tease me all night?

Old 06-06-2012, 01:13 PM

Judging from this population of young men and what they have to offer/demands they make, I for one see exactly why some of those kind of girls choose to grind on, kiss, hug other women. *shrugs* Can't say I blame them at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships