Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 06:28 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,572,299 times

Advertisements

Don't read, unless you want to.

So been going out to nightclubs now and then, sometimes very often since the start of 2009, and have still yet to pick up a woman.
Tonight was no exception.
Another 8 rejections, another 8 failures...
1:53 in the morning and facing waking up tomorrow morning alone as usual......
I toook the rejection well today at least, I didnt work myself up about them until after i left the club 15 minutes ago...
Knowing myself this emans I won't be able to go to sleep until I manage to think about something else, and this book in "molecular interaction physics and driving forces" is not doing it.

3 years on a university campus... I came for the promiscuious women, to get laid, find a girlfriend etc, but it seem all I will ever get is my degrees...
I might as well have joined a monestary of catholic monks... This is completely ****ing worthless.
The unnumbered, vast ammounts of nights, spent chasing girls since the fall of 2010 have all been wasted, feeding this depressive state of mind more and more. The now >1000 women I have tried to approach in different ways have all had the same answer between their white lies, explanations, sudden needs to visit the ladies room and whatnot, and it's "No".

I feel like tearing my heart out and throwing it away as far as I can, it doesn't seem it's needed for anything but pain.

I suppose this is like overweight people... they only get as fat as they deserve, and a layless man only get as lonely as he deserves. I have no social skills, and thus do not deserve affectional company, Maybe it's as simple as that?

If you've read this far, I'm sorry for wasting your time, told you not to read it, but now the vent is done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 06:32 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,585,159 times
You know what man, good for you. THe reason I say this, is that you should congratulate yourself on having the balls to approach 8 women in one evening, I know for a fact that many guys didnt have the guts to approach 1 tonight. They're sleeping alone as well and they have done nothing to overcome their fear of rejection. Every single man on this planet gets rejected, and the more you get rejected, the less it stings. If you keep at it, and stay OUTCOME INDEPENDENT, try to learn of where your approach went wrong, soon its going to be no big deal and your luck will surely change. Seriously keep at it, and once again - congrats.

P.S. Ive never found clubs to be good pickup places, because women there are usualy there with their friends to have fun, not find a man. Their defenses are way up and are difficult to overcome. Approaching an attractive woman, who is alone during daytime will often net you better results.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
You know what man, good for you. THe reason I say this, is that you should congratulate yourself on having the balls to approach 8 women in one evening, I know for a fact that many guys didnt have the guts to approach 1 tonight. They're sleeping alone as well and they have done nothing to overcome their fear of rejection. Every single man on this planet gets rejected, and the more you get rejected, the less it stings. If you keep at it, and stay OUTCOME INDEPENDENT, soon its going to be no big deal and your luck will surely change. Seriously keep at it, and once again - congrats.
I've passed the 4-digit mark on rejections, there is no balls in it anymore. I could walk up to a bar and slap my dick up on the desk for all i care, getting shamed in public does not exist the way it did 4 years ago, it's simply not a factor to be proud of winning over anymore.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:40 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,585,159 times
So, figure out whats worng with your appraoch, because its a numbers game. Try to talk to some of the chicks that do end up rejecting you, see if you can get her to hint where the approach failed. Keep at it, one way or another - because its not like there is any other choice, really. Or get a hooker.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:55 PM

Hookers are beside the point, a hooker will do anything with a stick and some money. there is no affection there.

At this point i can't figure out what more ways to change my approach, nor more places to approach...
I've tried PUA-techniques, being myself, acting like someone else in many different ways..., hell I've approached women in a wheelchair with an affro-wigg; let's leave it at that.
Locationwise; Trainstations, Nuclear powerplants, clubs, bars, libraries, you name it, I've probably tried the setting.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:00 PM

done, 4 sites, 11 months, 0 results.
Quote:
try online dating sites since the bar pick up lines is not working for u

Old 06-06-2012, 07:00 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,394,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
I've passed the 4-digit mark on rejections, there is no balls in it anymore. I could walk up to a bar and slap my dick up on the desk for all i care, getting shamed in public does not exist the way it did 4 years ago, it's simply not a factor to be proud of winning over anymore.
Well, something is wrong somewhere.

Instead of continuing to try what has not been working, why not enlist the help of a professional to find out what needs correcting?

Or are you enjoying your pity party too much to do anything differently?

Old 06-06-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Well, something is wrong somewhere.

Instead of continuing to try what has not been working, why not enlist the help of a professional to find out what needs correcting?

Or are you enjoying your pity party too much to do anything differently?
A professional what?
doctor?
no broken bones
shrink?
sure I may work down a depression or whatever it is, but it's not like they can make me fundamentally change, nor give dating tips...
"lifecoach?"

Old 06-06-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahaha View Post
well maybe you are too drunk when you approach women maybe improve your grooming and style more, whiten the teeth? i dunno it's time to make some drastic changes/improvements start with sobering up.
Last 6 months I drank an approximated total of 10 galons of beer, 15 shots of strong liquor and 10 glases of whine, hardly a drunkie... My teeth may not be perfect but they're as good as most...after the shower I just took i feel relatively sober.
Aestetically I don't think I've got other problems than sweating too much too easy, that's only some of the time though... and it's not like walking around naked is gonna help me, nad last time I tried an anti-sweating agent I got chemical burns that lasted 4 months...

Old 06-06-2012, 07:28 PM

11,373 posts, read 24,351,621 times
Okay, less drinking. Stop trying so hard. Women will come to you if you let them. In the meantime find a worthy philosophical pursuit that you can feel proud of. Meditate, exercise, and build friendships.

Congrats on the degrees. Now keep moving forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships