Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 08:30 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,466,473 times

Advertisements

If there were no demand, they'd have no response to their efforts. Yes, I think it's sleazy, but then it's really no worse than many other things people do.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:37 PM

11,784 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
some women read books like the Rules.. he's just not that into you.. guys read stuff on PUA's... tell me what the difference is.. if everyone just acted normal maybe people wouldnt have to play games... and for the record.. if a girl falls for a PUA scheme that what does that say for her? if a girl has self respect for herself than the guy can say whatever he wants, she'll still make him wait
I haven't read either book. I did watch the movie He's Just Not That Into You, and since it's based on the book, I'd say it gives fairly reasonable advice to women about clues and signs they should look for when a guy really isn't into them. It's not about manipulating women like PUA's do, it's something to help women accept the reality that he's not into them and save them the time and embarrassment of pursuing a guy who isn't returning her affections/interest at all, or any longer.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:53 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,396,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I haven't read either book. I did watch the movie He's Just Not That Into You, and since it's based on the book, I'd say it gives fairly reasonable advice to women about clues and signs they should look for when a guy really isn't into them. It's not about manipulating women like PUA's do, it's something to help women accept the reality that he's not into them and save them the time and embarrassment of pursuing a guy who isn't returning her affections/interest at all, or any longer.
ok... and PUA give men clues about how to tell if a girl is into them, how to dial up attraction etc.. its not all about how to just get laid.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:17 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
Seriously guys with the amount of effort you guys put into "getting tail" you could have done something productive in society. I just came across this one PUA's website from NYC, and he brags about sleeping with girls that already have boyfriends. I guess its a drug addiction, just getting laid isn't good enough, to get the same "high" you had to be even more of a scumbag over time. I mean in NYC, with all of the single women around, he has to go after the ones that are already taken. LMAO.

A lot of guys who can't get laid buy into this crap. Why? Most of it doesn't work and the advice they give is illogical. Worst of all, all it does is prove women right.

How would you know it doesn't work?

Who says a guy can't be productive and get laid by lots of women. You can do them both.

BTW, getting tail doesn't require a lot of effort.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:50 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,305,963 times
wow, lots of beta rage in this thread.

nothing at all wrong with PUA guys, it's funny how people try to shame them and talk about rehearsed lines etc.

I don't get frustrated when I see cats getting play, I support it wholeheartedly. There's an uneven playing field out there, if most young guys followed the advice they were given about finding women they'd be in a very deep hole ( and if the posts on this forum are a microcosm of the world around us then I retract my statement, they're in a very deep hole already). This advice or rubbish, moreso rewards a woman for horrible behavior, guys think its a norm or a given that they should be doormats (and they willingly respond to this socialization).

So how do they remedy this?

game theory, duh.

The end result is to learn how to have/maintain a relationship with a woman within the context of the current world around us. Regardless of whether you want a harem, or something else. Men, regardless of their age have to deal with the possibility of their nuts being placed in a vice grip through many different outcomes. You don't even have to do a search in this forum, just read further down the page and see things like "What does a woman look for in xxxxxx", "How do I approach xxxx". These are posts that make me cringe when I see their subject titles. I don't fault the guys though, "for they know not what they do".

as with everything, you'll have a shyster looking to make a quick buck. The only reason these guys are making money is because there's an obvious demand and a large segment of men who don't know how to deal with women.

When It comes down to it, getting laid is one of the main goals but it's not the endgame. That's just a piece of the jigsaw puzzle, it's about creating a fulfilling life for yourself. Being man, creating options and knowing how to choose/discern between the quality of women out there. I think the most important emphasis is on reinforcing positive masculine examples. We essentially live in a de facto grandma state where women represent very high percentages of the consumer base. This has had many screwed up repercussions, namely one where common male behavior is regulated and seen as either chauvinistic or unanimously un-p.c. (utter bs).

A good deal of this is just a reaction to the dreaded "f" word (how many times can we be a dead horse here?), just a reminder that in the end you get what you ask for.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:00 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
If there is dishonesty involved, even by way of omission or not being forthright about his intentions, then I think PUA is wrong. If the guy is direct and honest from day 1 about his intentions, then I don't think it's wrong. It does help some guys with confidence to be more assertive.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:09 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,865,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post

nothing at all wrong with PUA guys, it's funny how people try to shame them and talk about rehearsed lines etc.

I don't get frustrated when I see cats getting play, I support it wholeheartedly. There's an uneven playing field out there, if most young guys followed the advice they were given about finding women they'd be in a very deep hole ( and if the posts on this forum are a microcosm of the world around us then I retract my statement, they're in a very deep hole already). This advice or rubbish, moreso rewards a woman for horrible behavior, guys think its a norm or a given that they should be doormats (and they willingly respond to this socialization).

So how do they remedy this?

game theory, duh.

The end result is to learn how to have/maintain a relationship with a woman within the context of the current world around us. Regardless of whether you want a harem, or something else. Men, regardless of their age have to deal with the possibility of their nuts being placed in a vice grip through many different outcomes. You don't even have to do a search in this forum, just read further down the page and see things like "What does a woman look for in xxxxxx", "How do I approach xxxx". These are posts that make me cringe when I see their subject titles. I don't fault the guys though, "for they know not what they do".

as with everything, you'll have a shyster looking to make a quick buck. The only reason these guys are making money is because there's an obvious demand and a large segment of men who don't know how to deal with women.

When It comes down to it, getting laid is one of the main goals but it's not the endgame. That's just a piece of the jigsaw puzzle, it's about creating a fulfilling life for yourself. Being man, creating options and knowing how to choose/discern between the quality of women out there. I think the most important emphasis is on reinforcing positive masculine examples. We essentially live in a de facto grandma state where women represent very high percentages of the consumer base. This has had many screwed up repercussions, namely one where common male behavior is regulated and seen as either chauvinistic or unanimously un-p.c. (utter bs).

A good deal of this is just a reaction to the dreaded "f" word (how many times can we be a dead horse here?), just a reminder that in the end you get what you ask for.
I can't really blame the "betas", we were too engrained in our societal programming to understand reality so our natural instinct is frustration and anger.

Once you learn how it really works, you can put all the pieces in perspective. The nice guys, embittered yet wise about the game become PUA, and laugh at the idea of commitment because they hardly had the chance to get laid, no need to reward your catch. Or some don't, its their choice.

My take on PUAs is they sometimes get too self-absorbed and slip up (i.e. get a woman pregnant, either staying or leaving some cuckold to raise the child, sometimes not even realizing the child isn't his.) Or get some nasty STD.

I will agree, men need to act like men again and ditch feminized indoctrinations and fear for falling out of line. The guys that got laid were either rich, or treated women like another human being instead of some kind of effigy. My generation we wondered why the trouble makers got laid, we were told to follow the law, respect to be respected, chivalrous, and none of it worked. I wouldn't go so far as to be a bully or a jerk, but the principle is there.

Stand up for yourself, it's okay to say "no", talk back and accept the consequences, indifference, pride in your work, being unapolegetic. These character traits can go along way.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:17 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackpot View Post

Stand up for yourself, it's okay to say "no", talk back and accept the consequences, indifference, pride in your work, being unapolegetic. These character traits can go along way.

This is called having balls and a backbone. It's good to have to a point, so many people are afraid to stick up for themselves in fear of looking like they aren't accepting enough.

There's nothing wrong with what a PUA does, I do think some of the things they do are lame, but do I care what they're doing or does it bother me? Heck no, and maybe if it does bother you, you should get off your butt and talk to a girl and stop worrying about what other people are doing =/

My second paragraph wasn't directed toward you, I was agreeing with you

Old 06-06-2012, 11:21 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,425,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
Phrases like this are why people don't like PUAs.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:47 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,305,963 times
The sad thing is, upon further examination..this guy didn't even lift this post from a "PUA" board. The place he got it from is quite the opposite, and a great resource for leveled headed men interested in traveling and improving their lives.

There were actually great follow ups in that post (that poster actually runs a great blog as well). It's really quite an ingenious play, I have to hand it to him.

It's really quite trite and childish and might I say borderline trolling to complain about something on another message board. The reason that board exists is to counter behavior as displayed by the OP. If you don't like what's being discussed in that community then that's fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but complaining about it elsewhere doesn't help your rally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
Phrases like this are why people don't like PUAs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships