Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 07:48 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Just remember to wear a ridiculous piece of clothing, so you stand out in a crowd. Dont forget to rehearse your one liners, so when you use them, they seem natural. Oh, and spend some time on making up stories to make sure you can impress and demonstrate your masculinity. Give me a break. How do you not feel like a total clown following this type of advice?

PUA is based on some very solid ideas on how to relate to women, but their methods teach you absolutely nothing about real male/female dynamics. PUA actualy does alot of damage in this area, by reinforcing social conditioning that leads men astray in the first place. PUA does nothing to teach men that their societal value is no lower than that of a woman, but does exactly the opposite and tells men what to do to IMPRESS and EARN women, as if them being real men wasnt enough. As for guys getting laid, I think thats great - no hate here at all. But its about the only positive that comes out of it. If you dont mind looking like an immature clown to get laid, while reinforcing your feminine ideals and behaviors, than go for it.
How many people outside of the TV show honestly do that stuff. Out of every single bar I've been going to I've never seen a person like the TV show. Remember.. TV is usually embellished to sell..

Old 06-07-2012, 08:06 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,797,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
wow, lots of beta rage in this thread. . .

. . . a large segment of men who don't know how to deal with women.
So knowing some one-liners and pick-up techniques makes you an alpha? Haha, as much as me sticking on a tin foil crown makes me a queen.

Totally agree with the second statement, but isn't there a middle ground? Like men who know how to deal with women and talk to them without the manipulative techniques? We could all learn a lot about talking to the opposite sex if we'd just listen to each other on this forum instead of dismissing what others say about what they want in a relationship. Oh yeah, but PUA's aren't looking for a relationship. And anyway I have outlined on here exactly what men need to do to pick up women but not one of them has responded to that--just glossed right on over it. Well carry on guys.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
So knowing some one-liners and pick-up techniques makes you an alpha? Haha, as much as me sticking on a tin foil crown makes me a queen.

Totally agree with the second statement, but isn't there a middle ground? Like men who know how to deal with women and talk to them without the manipulative techniques? We could all learn a lot about talking to the opposite sex if we'd just listen to each other on this forum instead of dismissing what others say about what they want in a relationship. Oh yeah, but PUA's aren't looking for a relationship. And anyway I have outlined on here exactly what men need to do to pick up women but not one of them has responded to that--just glossed right on over it. Well carry on guys.

But does a PUA have to use those lame tactics and stuff?

I thought PUA just meant you're not afraid to approach a woman, be confident and talk to them?

Old 06-07-2012, 08:15 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,307,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
What's ironic is that you regurgitate the language in your handbook via charges of shaming language and then you call other men who don't agree with you betas, which is an attempt to shame. And you don't even understand that you're dong it. That's lame game lol.
Quote:
I don't fault the guys though, "for they know not what they do".
hey, there's this thing called "reading", maybe you should try it out sometime.

it's "beta" behavior that's being shamed, nice try champ!

Old 06-07-2012, 08:28 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,797,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
But does a PUA have to use those lame tactics and stuff?

I thought PUA just meant you're not afraid to approach a woman, be confident and talk to them?
No I think of that as a man with decent social skills but I must admit that most of my knowledge of what PUA's do comes from a book I read in its entirety: The Game, by Neil Strauss. Yeah guys, women read that stuff sometimes too.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
i personally think mopar is a blight on society, but to each his own. i tend to think of PUA's as a reflection of society, not a blight on society.
I agree, there's something iffy in the water when you realize lots of the nihilism and sociopathic tendencies that surround us are a reflection of our society. It trickles down from our leaders, education systems, through our interpersonal relationships etc.

Whatever people decide to call them, "Pua" is just a reaction to counter that.

Some guys are very clueless about where to start, and they have to learn somehow until they can internalize this behavior. It's akin to playing a piano, your hands feel funny at first because your not used to using them in that function. After lots (well, years) of practice, you don't give it that much thought anymore, you're not trying to imitate anymore. As with any craft, it takes dedication and perseverance to get to that point.

Last edited by wordlife; 06-07-2012 at 08:48 AM..

Old 06-07-2012, 08:46 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
hey, there's this thing called "reading", maybe you should try it out sometime.

it's "beta" behavior that's being shamed, nice try champ!
Who exactly are you to decide what various men know and don't know? And "for they know not what they do". Besides the fact that folk starting their sentences or proclamations with "for" is like nails on a chalk board, it's pompous.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
No I think of that as a man with decent social skills but I must admit that most of my knowledge of what PUA's do comes from a book I read in its entirety: The Game, by Neil Strauss. Yeah guys, women read that stuff sometimes too.

Oh I don't even know what that is

I will admit there are certain things that I do pick up from PUAs, small things like maybe touching them a certain way, or things like that. I think a lot of the main things that really do help the PUAs are what come natural to a lot of guys that just pick up women on a regular basis. Guys like me have to look up that stuff and learn it that way.

I think guys wearing binoculars to a bar, using stupid one liners and all of those other cheesy things is pretty lame.. but hey to each their own. I'd rather just be a confident guy and go from there. I can't negate everything they do though, and I think on a broad subject they do preach a lot of good things.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Totally agree with the second statement, but isn't there a middle ground? Like men who know how to deal with women and talk to them without the manipulative techniques? We could all learn a lot about talking to the opposite sex if we'd just listen to each other on this forum instead of dismissing what others say about what they want in a relationship.
of course there can be a middle ground, if you're looking for a relationship. is the path to reaching it ideal? no not at all, but I think it can attained. A healthy and functional relationship is something that takes time and work to achieve.

I agree, bickering just leads to more ill communication. I think online (and in person) people have problems with hearing their views being discussed objectively. They take it as an attack on their person and it usually shifts the discussion on a unneeded tangent.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:06 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,303 times
I will say one thing about 'touching' as it has been mentioned in this thread - no WAY will I touch a woman unless she and I are 'involved'. I'm absolutely sure that if I touched ANY woman, much less look at them, or even breathe on them I would be on the receiving end of some nasty **** to be sure...

So... if 'touching' is part of 'The Game' then I am disqualified right then and there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships