Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 11:27 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
If the husband does his extra practice in the studio with others present, not one on one in another woman's home, there should be no problem for the wife.

If the wife really has an issue with her husband dancing with anyone else period, then she better put on her dancing shoes
This is probably the best compromise. Most dance classes are women-heavy, so an extra guy would probably be welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 11:28 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Then he can just practice with his wife when she's up for it. He'll still get better, and his wife won't have to say "Okay, dance with her instead" when she's really not comfortable with the idea. Everyone wins
Or he can practice any time he wants, with whomever he wants - and not worry about his wifes' immaturity, insecurity and jelousy. Thats wehat a man would do, anyway.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:30 AM

65 posts, read 84,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Or he can practice any time he wants, with whomever he wants - and not worry about his wifes' immaturity, insecurity and jelousy. Thats wehat a man would do, anyway.
Well that's what a man does who really doesn't care about his wife feels.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:32 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
That's not an answer

A marriage is a team - a partnership.

The two people involved have to come up with a way for them to each get what they need.

There is a way to navigate this situation, they just have to do some negotiation

Old 06-07-2012, 11:34 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,182,741 times
Quote:
Then he can just practice with his wife when she's up for it. He'll still get better, and his wife won't have to say "Okay, dance with her instead" when she's really not comfortable with the idea. Everyone wins
The husband loses.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:38 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,936 times
Quote:
Or he can practice any time he wants, with whomever he wants - and not worry about his wife immaturity, insecurity and lejousy. TYhats wehat a real man does, anyway.
Absolutely, he can do whatever he wants! But I think the couple asked the OP for their take on it specifically because they'd rather handle it the best way possible. You know, some married couples want to stay together; go figure... And we're talking about a guy who's worried about what others think of his dancing. Are you sure you want to introduce the phrase "real man" here?

And the same labels could be thrown at him (minus the "lejousy"/"jealousy"). Simple solutions abound. But no matter how we all choose to see it, this is merely a question of whose comfort should come first. I believe in putting the relationship itself first. Therefore, I'd rather deal with insecurity about what outsiders think of my dancing, than make the woman I'm with uncomfortable.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:45 AM

65 posts, read 84,407 times
Just curious to know Ascension......are you married?

Old 06-07-2012, 11:46 AM

270 posts, read 409,474 times
Quote:
I find that hard to believe. In fact, I think it's gotta be closer to 50/50, those who would feel comfortable dancing/letting their SO dance with someone else vs. those who wouldn't want to do/allow it.
You're wrong. I ballroom dance. EVERYONE dances with others. EVERYone. Every man who is part of a couple dances with women who are not his mate. Every woman who is part of a couple dances with men who are not her mate. That's how you do it in ballroom. Couples who who refuse to "mingle" are the rare exception.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:49 AM

270 posts, read 409,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Allen 242 View Post
Aw, c'mon now. How many times have we read articles about how whirlwind romances are shattered because someone's genitalia slips into another's during one of those lascivious ballroom orgies. It's stuff of which tragedies are written and movies made...
LOL! Yep, why just last Friday, I was doing a foxtrot and next thing you know, I had a **** in my ****. I hate it when that happens.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:51 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1960 View Post
Just curious to know Ascension......are you married?
he11 no, but you have probably figured it out by now. Here is the thing, we can specualte all we want on why the wife doesnt want to practice with her husband but the only given is that she isnt willing. The problem that sticks out, is her insecurity and nothing else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships