Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 12:22 PM

391 posts, read 687,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboor View Post
the prob is I am her closest friend of 3 years
Keyword: friend

Keep that in mind. Unless she is ready to jump off that cliff with you
and engage full on then there is nothing other than friendship there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 01:52 PM

13 posts, read 10,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephV55 View Post
Keyword: friend

Keep that in mind. Unless she is ready to jump off that cliff with you
and engage full on then there is nothing other than friendship there.

Thank you for the reply. Well, I dont know if I mentioned it on this thread but there is something other than friendship there. I mean she told me that she sees me as someone she can see herself with long term that is why she is scared. She told me she has feelings for me. Told her family that she really really likes me. until recently, we have been basically living like couples (although I am not saying we were) doing what couples do. We dont do that anymore. So the issue here is whether those feelings are dying (died) down or is it just we are both in a stressful situation and need time apart, or is she still healing from the past relationship. But, like you said, until she is ready to do that, I should prob leave. (the ironic part is, I am not even sure if i am ready for a relationship, i just want the assurance that I wont get hurt if i open up fully to her in that matter and in life there are no such assurances. So i am just trying these are alarms I should pay attention to and leave, or are these just my attempt to find security in a situation where you only try and see how it goes.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:20 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
Negotiate.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:13 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
baboor...I think every thing would probably work itself out and be just fine....if you'd just quit pressuring this young woman and give her some time to think things through...it'd be a shame if you deserted her now, just because she desires that time....take it easy...take it slow....bad enough that you became her lover so soon, you really should have remained a platonic friend for a bit longer...............you would leave to save yourself possible future hurt...how do you think she'll feel when after you've finally bedded her, you now feel it's best for you to leave....I mean wtf....she was your friend before the sex....now she's not??

Old 06-14-2012, 01:11 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,614,376 times
My question is why should this exam stop you two from being intimate? You can still be intimate on occasion and still focuss on studing for the exam. Sounds like she has her own agenda, and part of it is living with you until at least she passes the exam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships