Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 09:41 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,745 times

Advertisements

Move on. Be glad that you discovered this before you married her and/or had children by her. 7 years is a long time to waste....true but let's not make it an 8. You would be very foolish to continue interacting with this girl when she's cheating, doesn't value you, and is walking all over your heart.
You need to stand up and not allow her to treat you this way. This is not a negotiation situation. I can't believe you are falling for the tear drops. Come on man. I can only imagine what she will do if you make the mistake of continuing this situation and marrying her. Are you going to be sleep and she's sleeping with someone in the other room next? Remember, when people show you they can't be trusted the disrespect and disregard will only get worse.
I'm wondering are you going to surprise her by breaking the lease and having her come home from a night of being out after work to find all your stuff out of the apartment, change all contact numbers and leave her a note saying "it was real." OR are you going to tell her that you are going to get a new place and she won't be coming with you so she needs to pack up her stuff pronto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 12:59 AM

479 posts, read 835,761 times
I say'z grow some nads and boot her.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:51 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
I have reread your post and something struck me. You talk about her giving you a hug that was especially tight as some sort of proof that she loves you.

Let me ask you this: Are you having a sexual relationship with this woman? Because if not, I think you need to reevaluate the nature of your connection with her. I think she sees you as a "friend" who she is stringing along for attention, company and whatever else. Yes she is playing with your heart. She sounds like a real manipulative *****.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:11 PM

11 posts, read 14,844 times
Thankyou to all who have posted advice. Its an amazing world when people who dont even know me can takethe time to help me out!

As an update, she hasnt called me since Thursday. Despite me writing her five texts on Friday night asking to see her and one which said "I love u. You know that right? X"

No reply from that and as I may have said, she turned her phone off for the rest of Friday night. I haven't called or text her since.

I am trying to not look at her facebook profile pic or his for that matter as I know it will be hurtful to see maybe a photo of them both together. I still need to remove the photos and clothes etc from my bedroom and house. I know I need to do it but that does seem to be the final nail if I do that.

On a lighter note, I went out with a couple of friends last night and kissed a girl and got her number and am hoping to see her next weekend. I am 31 and she is 23 though. Does that work or is that strange. She seems like a nice shy girl and I thought pretty so I will pursue it to keep my mind good. I dont see it as a rebound relationship as this one I'm in has been toxic for along while.

Ive found the No Contact easy over the weekend and am back to work tomorrow. I know I'm going to have contact soon. She owes me a few hundred quid too might I add. Not sure whether to try to get that back.

When I was out last night I spoke to a couple of her male freinds who I recognised. They were supportive and said I should move on. And I think they may have seen me kissing that other girl or at least with my arms round her. And I'm left feeling worried in case word gets back to her. Makes me look just as bad as her cos the relationship hasnt officially ended. Maybe thats why she hasnt called. Cos she knows about that.

Please do not biccer amongst yourselves. I think its good to speak harshly to me. I'm not wanting a cuddle, just the truth. And sometimes the truth hurts. But thankyou all for being compassionate. I love you all!!

BT

Old 06-10-2012, 05:39 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,964,579 times
Your not ready to move on yet. At this point your Ok being treated as a foll. You won't move on until you feel like a AH.. She cheats on you and don't return your text or phone calls and your worried about her finding out about you kissing some young woman. Consider this. If you cared about her as you say you do you wouldn't have been kissing the other woman.

Sometimes in life we have to get real. You say your 31? and want kids? It's time to move on because it's going to take you time to meet someone new and develop a relationship.. So hanfg in there for now your not ready.. Let her walk over you for a few more years and realize how much time you wasted.. Hey it happens to many people everyday.. Good luck and don't take any wooden nickles..

For those who think I'm kinfd of harsh you have to understand in 2012 no one is teaching boys how to be men so we see crazy post such as this all day everyday..

Old 06-11-2012, 04:09 AM

11 posts, read 14,844 times
When u say I'm not ready, do u mean not ready for a new relationship wit hthis girl who is younger than me. Thats the only thing keeping my bad emotions at bay. And she does seem like a nice girl. You advise staying in the relationshuip Im in for a few more years to be made to feel like an AH. You are being sarcastic right?

Please, be as harsh as you like. I need that!

Still she hasnt rang but she has a door key to my place so I really am worried now she will just turn up when Im not here. Or perhaps worse, when I am here which will rake it all up again.

Old 06-11-2012, 04:11 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
31 year old guy dating a 23 year old girl on the rebound from a 7 year relationship? What could go wrong.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:23 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,603 times
Yeah, she don't respect you so leave and don't look back.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:47 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,927,861 times
I wasted nearly 10 years of my life on a woman just like this.

I listened to all the excuses, and all the lies, and for a while, I believed it, or at least I wanted to believe her.

Every time she promised to change, I listened.
Every time she said that "he was just some crazy guy who was a bit obsessed, I listened.

Now, again, in big letters, read this again, then ask yourself the question "what should I do ?"

I wasted nearly 10 years of my life on a woman just like this.

If you're a quiz fan, the correct answer is below.

Spoiler
Walk away. Walk away now, and don't look back. Yes, when you leave her, it might break your heart, but if you stay, she will rip it out and tear it up repeatedly over years.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:24 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
You know, once you lose respect of your partner, you rarely ever get it back. If she cheats on you, and you let her get away with it, along with the lies, deceit and manipulation - than yuou get what you asked for. Next time, pack your bags and never see her again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships