Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2012, 05:13 PM

307 posts, read 313,107 times

Advertisements

Me and this guy have been friends for a couple of years, but thats all it's ever been, however he's always talked to me like we are more than friends. Recently he has said indirect things like i want a relationship now, i want to find a girl and settle down etc etc.. but its all indirect nothing where he has said with you etc etc.

Anyway in the last couple of weeks he has tried calling me but i havn't had the time to speak to him or anything, i havn't returned his calls, i'v been quite busy.. so after a few times of ringing me he text messaged me (this is very unusual for him he NEVER messages me), but i assumed its because i hadn't called him back or nothing.

He messaged asking me to listen to a song and tell him what i think, so i was thinking thats unusual again..because he's never bothered enough to message me normall about music lol.. so then i listened to the song and i was like :O.. is he trying to tell me something. to me the words practically described our situation.

the words are : baby i've known you for a long long time, i never thought that we would find, what we are holding in our hands, lately i've been thinking i should make you mine, been thinking that we should define what we are, you know i like to be in control but recently i don't know what to do i'm losing it over you,

we both feel the same, and i can't play this game any longer

girl i think about you all of the time, wondering how im going to make you mine,so many things ive been wanting to say, held in my heart for a day like today, i want to hold you till the light fades away..

thats the basic jist of the song...

so after he messaged me asking me to tell him what i think... i said i would listen to it later.... and then that very same day he did ring me again... before i'd even messaged him anything back about it..because i was confusedd.. as to whether he was trying to tell me something... or whether i was thinking to much in to it

so i rang him back a few days later.... and he didnt mention it again ... so i thought i would... i said yes so about that song... its not your normal type of song that you like (i didn't wanna be too obvious).. i was just trying to find out his reasons for asking me to listen to it.. and he said not really...BUT I REALLY LIKE THE WORDS....i said ok kool.. and that was it end of.... he didnt even ask me my opinion of it or anything more...

This was what he hinted to me ONLY a couple of months ago

that he wants a relationship... in that time i basically said that i don't want one now....im not looking for it..and this isnt the time.... but its not like i said i dont see you that way nothing of that sort..
and we've still continued contact he still calls me i call him etc... etc... but as friends

next thing i know only today...
he says to me that he met up with some other girl who is really interested in him , how shes the one who likes him and that he thinks she's too keen and he doesn't like it... YET... he's seen her a couple of times...and they went on what seemed like a date... to the cinema and then they went to a park..and according to him she was very touchy feely... and everytime she got too close he would try to stop anything from happening... BUT then he said that at one point she ended up kissing him he said he didn't kiss her back or whatever... and that he isn't going to see her again ..even though she's very persistent. and then he says to me she looked so good that he was finding it hard to get away from her ...and i just thought to myself its bad enough what you're telling me in the first place yet you have to add on those extra details about how great she looked?

what i dont understand is why is it that not too long ago he's declaring that he's "losing it over me" wants to meet me up and see what happens..and then he goes out and meets with this girl knowing that she really likes him...allows her to kiss him but then doesn't want to go any further with her or see her again EVEN THOUGH SHE APPARENTLY LOOKS HOT..it just doesn't make any sense... and then at the same time he's always asking me to keep in touch with him and talks to me so seriously about marriage and the future and absolutely everything thats on his mind. :/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 07:27 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,304,292 times
OK, first of all, you obviously like this guy OR you are feeling the heat as he is out there meeting other girls. Secondly, he considers you a friend and you consider him a friend, all kinds of things are going to be said. Thirdly, who knows why he sent you that song. If he is your friend he might have sent you that song because sending songs is a fun thing to do amongst friends. Who knows why he sent it, it could be because he was hinting, but you don't know that.

As far as the other girl, he probably doesn't like her enough to look past some of the things that he finds unattractive.

If you are interested in him then you need to decide if you want to let him know or not and if you do say something be willing to handle if he doesn't feel the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships