Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2012, 11:00 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,039,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
What, with a post/rep ratio like yours? What would they do to ME, then?
Throw peanuts at ya?

Old 06-11-2012, 11:07 AM

460 posts, read 670,762 times
LoL this thread is pretty funny. I wonder if the posters with pictures get more love?

Old 06-11-2012, 11:14 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,746,080 times
Speaking from a perspective of if I were hypothetically single, there are several ladies here on C-D that I find to be completely enchanting, and very endearing and sweet...not naming any specific names though, for privacy reasons

Old 06-11-2012, 11:22 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,606,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Dang! I did well in reading comprehension in school! How did I miss you being a muff muncher? But hey. I understand!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I thought she liked dudes? maybe she's bi?
I am straight and like dudes but Doll Face gets beat up on too much. She needs love too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
If we had both been single and the same age (I'm happily not single thank you very much):

lovesMountains
Dewdrop
CancerianMoonPrincess (disappeared a while ago?!)
srjth

Something about being sweet and wise beyond your years gets me every time. Sense of humor helps too.
Awww thank you. Nice to meet you too.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:22 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,216,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
It really does. I anticipate the following:

1) Someone would likely pour a beer on my head based on something I posted two years ago that they didn't like.

2) We would all very quickly form cliques.

3) I would probably hit it off with some unexpected people, the ones with whom I cross swords with a lot.
I dunno.
You'd think it'd be all raucous and randy and possible violent, but I am betting it'll be quieter and more polite than we think.

Then the reality tv folks will get all cheezed off and pull our funding and some people will be stuck in Vegas.

But maybe I've had a lot of practice civilly dealing with people I disagree with (in person...hahahahaha!).

Old 06-11-2012, 11:24 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,586,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I am straight and like dudes but Doll Face gets beat up on too much. She needs love too.
She does.......but have fun convincing her of that.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:25 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,412,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I dunno.
You'd think it'd be all raucous and randy and possible violent, but I am betting it'll be quieter and more polite than we think.
Always the case, in my experience with other forums/meetups.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:29 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,216,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Always the case, in my experience with other forums/meetups.
Well, it's unlikely we'll talk about the stuff we talk about here.
It'll be more freeform and just general get-to-know-you conversation.

Maybe if we sit at a round table and people pull topics out of a hat.
For each beer, we have a new topic...discussion lasts till the last person finishes his drink.

The last topic (10 beers later) can be whether or not cheaters deserve to date fat chicks who divorce them for all their money.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:32 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,680,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I don't post profile pics, anywhere, ever, on public forums, nor will I start.

But this hasn't prevented me from getting dates (and my current relationship) based on my posts alone. Hah!

The forum where I met my SO actually was known for frequent social meetups in various cities across the country. I didn't meet my SO that way, though. He fell for me sight unseen, and vice versa.

I have met a lot of people from forums in real life over the years (none from here, though). My general experience is that it happens OFTEN that the people I hit it off best with are people I didn't necessarily even notice a great deal as posters. It also often happens that quieter posters are much more outgoing in real life, and even more often, the most chatty posters are the quietest in a group. Some people are much more in their element writing their thoughts out than speaking them openly. I lean that way myself.

^^^^ This.

I too NEVER post pictures of myself or even give my real first name online. (I have a real life stalker sad to say).

But it has not stopped me from getting numerous on line dates and meeting people on forums in real life, men and women (none from here, but from other forums). Our meetings were a complete blast -- we all had the best time, and I have met a couple of my closest GF's from these meet ups.

I think a CD meet up would be great! And I am sure most of us would be shocked and surprised at the faces behind the screen names.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:43 AM

20,058 posts, read 18,261,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southshorelady View Post
LoL this thread is pretty funny. I wonder if the posters with pictures get more love?
More "love" and also stalkers...I bet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.