Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 09:35 AM

3,058 posts, read 3,825,988 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to decide between several different places to relocate to, all of which have pros and cons, of course. I am mid thirties SWM and have an online profile at a few of the major online dating sites. One of the major factors in determining where I want to live is that I want to have an available attractive and interested dating pool of some nice, down to earth family oriented women. In other words, while I realize that NYC has a huge dating pool, my personality and theirs would not likely mix.

I have rotated my profile between 3 different cities. 1 is in upstate NY, the other is in New England, and one is down south, in NC. Out of hundreds of msg's sent, I have received exactly 1 response from the upstate NY girls. Down south, and even in New England, I've gotten at least 10 responses. I can't understand why (and yes, I do explain to the ladies that I don't live there yet, once I get a response). I am ready to rule out upstate NY due to this. Obviously, it seems women are not interested in a guy like me. A co-worker I know who lived there said that it is extremely hard to find the type of women I'm looking for up there, and is advising me to move South.

Has anyone on here found major difference between different regions when online dating? Has anyone rotated their profile between different places to see the response rate? Just curious, thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 09:37 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,303,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
I'm trying to decide between several different places to relocate to, all of which have pros and cons, of course. I am mid thirties SWM and have an online profile at a few of the major online dating sites. One of the major factors in determining where I want to live is that I want to have an available attractive and interested dating pool of some nice, down to earth family oriented women. In other words, while I realize that NYC has a huge dating pool, my personality and theirs would not likely mix.

I have rotated my profile between 3 different cities. 1 is in upstate NY, the other is in New England, and one is down south, in NC. Out of hundreds of msg's sent, I have received exactly 1 response from the upstate NY girls. Down south, and even in New England, I've gotten at least 10 responses. I can't understand why (and yes, I do explain to the ladies that I don't live there yet, once I get a response). I am ready to rule out upstate NY due to this. Obviously, it seems women are not interested in a guy like me. A co-worker I know who lived there said that it is extremely hard to find the type of women I'm looking for up there, and is advising me to move South.

Has anyone on here found major difference between different regions when online dating? Has anyone rotated their profile between different places to see the response rate? Just curious, thanks
What kind of women are you looking for?

Why do you think women are not interested in you? -your geographic location wont change this.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:45 AM

Well, I get some interest in southern areas, and surprisingly even in New England (where its common knowledge that people keep to themselves and are colder). But upstate NY, even when the woman is a perfect match on paper, I can never, ever get a response.

The type of woman I'm seeking is probably what most guys want- a woman who doesn't cheat, or play games, and is family oriented, down to earth, sweet, etc. And of course, reasonably in good shape and cute.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Well, I get some interest in southern areas, and surprisingly even in New England (where its common knowledge that people keep to themselves and are colder). But upstate NY, even when the woman is a perfect match on paper, I can never, ever get a response.

The type of woman I'm seeking is probably what most guys want- a woman who doesn't cheat, or play games, and is family oriented, down to earth, sweet, etc. And of course, reasonably in good shape and cute.
So be introspective. Why are the women you're interested in not interested in you?

Old 06-08-2012, 09:50 AM

I'm not saying their not interested. I'm saying that I get 10x the responses in certain areas over other areas. I am wondering if someone has had similar experiences and if their are places where women are more open and friendly, as opposed to other areas. And has anyone based their relocation plans on this?

Old 06-08-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Obviously, it seems women are not interested in a guy like me.
Why is it obvious?

Old 06-08-2012, 09:57 AM

Because, like I stated, I've only received 1 response out of maybe 100 messages sent, vs. other areas with 10 or more responses.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:06 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,399,120 times
sounds like an awful plan.. base where u want to live based on how many responses u get from online dating? And you know that New England has the same attitudes as NYC? go where u can get a job and where u want to live.. not based on who is interested in u

Old 06-08-2012, 10:11 AM

It wasn't a plan, just a question. I'm interested in living in all 3 places, for different reasons, none being women-related (cost of living, weather, density, etc)

My job is transferable to all 3 places that I'm looking. So that is not an issue. New England does not have the same attitude as NYC at all. I never said any of this. I'm asking a simple question.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:12 AM

Might be just me, but based on your plan (moving based on where you get more messages from more women), you sound extremely desperate. Women can smell desperation a mile away and it is a major deterrent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships