Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2012, 09:59 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
This guy would do better to date a financial equal.
Exactly and eventually he will get tired of supporting her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 10:01 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
There is nothing wrong with him wanting her to pull more weight. However, he doesn't get to use the financial imbalance to be emotionally abusive. He's a big boy. He agreed to the current relationship, and if he doesn't like it, he should say so and NOT blow up over a forgotten wallet (I'm forever running out without mine). This isn't about chivalry or mooching or inequality, but about a guy who uses a minor snafu as an excuse to turn on his partner. That's messed up, no matter how you look at it. He's a big boy, and he can use his big-boy words to articulate his issues.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:03 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Men are cheap. He choose you with that income level. The end.
Women are cheap who feel entitled to a rich man's wallet. Come on, grow up, get a job, and stop leeching off men. You wouldn't be saying the same if it was the other way around or a man fogot his wallet for a date. You women have called those men losers and now all of a sudden it's different if it's a woman who is being cheap?

Old 06-12-2012, 10:03 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
This guy would do better to date a financial equal.
How so when the majority of men marry DOWN the economic ladder?

If anything, this guy should have never told his gf how much he made. You figure, if he led his GF to believe that he only make 30k a year, I doubt she would have forgot to bring her purse because she would assume he does not have much money.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:05 AM

They have been together for 2 years already and she can’t even get a job yet that will help her contribute to expenses? If she’s making at least 35K a year, what is she doing with the money to not be able to contribute?

Old 06-12-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
There is nothing wrong with him wanting her to pull more weight. However, he doesn't get to use the financial imbalance to be emotionally abusive.

Emotionally abusive? All he did was refuse to fork over 20 bucks for a NON EMERGENCY event!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
He's a big boy. He agreed to the current relationship, and if he doesn't like it, he should say so and NOT blow up over a forgotten wallet (I'm forever running out without mine). This isn't about chivalry or mooching or inequality, but about a guy who uses a minor snafu as an excuse to turn on his partner. That's messed up, no matter how you look at it. He's a big boy, and he can use his big-boy words to articulate his issues.

More "man up" hoopla.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:13 AM

819 posts, read 1,129,725 times
The replies in this thread are extremely telling.

CD is one of the more liberal-minded boards I read, so I'm sure the number of feminists is much higher here than other places...but you'd never know it from this thread. Been living with a guy rent free for several years and he gets pissed ONCE because you asked him for money? All of the sudden he's a jerk? I thought women were supposed to be equal. I guess all the feminists are for equality whenever it suits them, but the dude is supposed to pay if he makes more money? Wtf? If the situation was reversed you'd say the guy was a loser for asking for the $20. Just a bunch of hypocritical nonsense. I also like how having sex with the dude somehow makes up for the rent. What the hell is wrong with you people?

Anyway, it's really irrelevant because this is a prime example of why you shouldn't co-habitate. If you were married, the differentiation of funds wouldn't be an issue and therefore the forgetting of a purse would not be an actual reason to get pissed.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Men are cheap. The end.
Women are egregiously expensive. The end.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:18 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
I think there's a point being missed here. It's not about the actual $20. He snapped at her because she forgot her purse and he doesn't like when people forget purses or wallets. Is his issue with forgetfulness or being absent-minded? Sounds like he has zero tolerance for anything. The OP has posted several threads about her BF snapping about things. I don't think he's cheap but I do think he has issues in articulating his emotions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitpunch1 View Post
Yes Im conscious of contributing my share within my means.

I asked him if he wants me to pay my share of the house payment( we live in a condo he bought), he said no. So I shopping for food, cook, clean, do laundry.

I tried to talk about it with him, he doesn't want to talk. He just said sorry and he said no women would go out without their purse, so I was not being responsible and he hated that. He also says don't assume other person would always pay which astonished me, cause he never paid anything for me if it's clearly " my stuff". So I never assumed he would pay.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
The replies in this thread are extremely telling.

CD is one of the more liberal-minded boards I read, so I'm sure the number of feminists is much higher here than other places...but you'd never know it from this thread. Been living with a guy rent free for several years and he gets pissed ONCE because you asked him for money? All of the sudden he's a jerk? I thought women were supposed to be equal. I guess all the feminists are for equality whenever it suits them, but the dude is supposed to pay if he makes more money? Wtf? If the situation was reversed you'd say the guy was a loser for asking for the $20. Just a bunch of hypocritical nonsense.
There is a thread somewhat similar to this one but reversed. In that thread the guy is living off his girl and you’ll see all these comments about dumping him, he’s no good, he’s taking advantage of her, etc. Now look at this thread where it is the girl who is living off a guy and what comments do we see? “Oh poor little soul, he is mean. Dump him!...He’s cheap, he should provide…”. And women complain of double-standards, go figure.

Quote:
I also like how having sex with the dude somehow makes up for the rent. What the hell is wrong with you people?
Sex for rent, eh? Another example of acceptable prostitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships