Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2012, 08:28 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,732,593 times

Advertisements

A tight-wad, a cheapskate, and now he's lost his girlfriend.

Of course, cheapskates seldom expose their cheapness when they first start dating someone. They put on an act. Not long ago I dated this guy (a guy with money, by the way). The first date he took me to an expensive restaurant of his own choosing, and a really awesome show. He paid. He wined and dined me, tooted his own horn and told me what a wonderful man he was. Okay. On the second date, he invited me to a less expensive place (which I was perfectly cool with), and he paid. On the third date, I suggested I cook. He said he no, that he liked to wine and dine me, so he chose IHOP. On the 4th date I suggested my cooking again. He said no, that he liked to be a gentleman. He suggested buying cold cuts at the supermarket and making sandwiches, which we did. On around the 5th date I cooked, and that was the end of going out anywhere, ever. From that point on, it was $1 movies and my cooking for him. At around that time, I found out that he was one of the cheapest men ever. Boy, could I tell stories! That was the end of our dating. We still talk, and he's been dating up a lot of women he meets online, but hasn't found anyone to date long-term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
He's a tight-wad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 08:34 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post

Of course, cheapskates seldom expose their cheapness when they first start dating someone. They put on an act. Not long ago I dated this guy (a guy with money, by the way). The first date he took me to an expensive restaurant of his own choosing, and a really awesome show. He paid. He wined and dined me, tooted his own horn and told me what a wonderful man he was. Okay. On the second date, he invited me to a less expensive place (which I was perfectly cool with), and he paid. On the third date, I suggested I cook. He said he no, that he liked to wine and dine me, so he chose IHOP. On the 4th date I suggested my cooking again. He said no, that he liked to be a gentleman. He suggested buying cold cuts at the supermarket and making sandwiches, which we did. On around the 5th date I cooked, and that was the end of going out anywhere, ever. From that point on, it was $1 movies and my cooking for him. At around that time, I found out that he was one of the cheapest men ever. Boy, could I tell stories! That was the end of our dating. We still talk, and he's been dating up a lot of women he meets online, but hasn't found anyone to date long-term.

So basically you're only happy if he's paying a lot of money.. but you're just as cheap and the only thing you offered was to cook?

Old 06-15-2012, 08:48 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,152,805 times
Quote:
That was the end of our dating. We still talk, and he's been dating up a lot of women he meets online, but hasn't found anyone to date long-term.
What a surprise..

Old 06-15-2012, 08:50 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,152,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
So basically you're only happy if he's paying a lot of money.. but you're just as cheap and the only thing you offered was to cook?
Read it again, that isn't what was said.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:52 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,732,593 times
You're purposefully misinterpreting what I'm saying. However, if that's what gives you joy, go for it.

Quote:

Old 06-15-2012, 09:35 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saritaschihuahua View Post
you don't mind if i say i feel sorry for your wife, do you?

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes. She leads such a life of privation.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:45 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,177 times
Quote:

So you hate cheap guys.... What do you consider cheap and what are you looking for? You don't make that clear at all.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:54 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
She's also offering her ass. Don't forget that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
What a surprise..
No kidding.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:55 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
She's also offering her ass. Don't forget that.
Her sweet, sweet, 200k worth of ass...

Old 06-15-2012, 09:56 AM

76 posts, read 150,056 times
Quote:
You're purposefully misinterpreting what I'm saying. However, if that's what gives you joy, go for it.
He simply pointed out that it appears you have never taken your man on a date. The guy wined and dined you, yet, at least from what you said, you have never bothered to take him on an actual date. Sure, cooking at home is nice, but it's not the same as going on a date. Maybe the guy got tired of wining and dining you, and seeing how you never took him out on a date and only offered to cook stay at home meal for him, maybe he figured that's what you prefer? You shot yourself in a foot here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships