Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2012, 04:09 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
How much do you make, and how much does your girlfriend make?
Enough to travel around the world 4 to 5 times a year on vacation, to drive a new car, to have bills paid for, to take each other out on dates, to take care of our parents, to have a destination wedding in a couple of months, and to have a 2 country 2 or 3 week long honey moon. Just like any other couple out there. We are both contributing to all of the expenses, no mom or dad is helping us.

Again, what do you bring to the table other than company and sex while having a man pay for all your expenses and give you money? Come on, your turn to answer questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 04:20 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,875,428 times
Quote:
Why? Because he'll say he's making $210K and not tell them he's a cheapskate? He'll let them find out later he's a whiny, diapered loser?
as mentioned previously, she is staying with the guy rent free!!..lets also keep in mind that they are not married so, essentially she is owed nothing, entitled to nothing, money is not combined, she has her money, he has his money, if he chooses to not spend it on her, that's his prerogative, its also her prerogative whether she stays with him because of he won't....not that complicated really

Old 06-15-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Your premise, is that she was cheating him of money because she wasn't paying 50-50. That is an absurd, illogical request, since she made 1/6 of what he made.

My premise is that the guy is a loser, an a-h, and a cheapskate, and he amply proved that. Who would want to be with that?

She kicked his @** to the curb. With his cheap ways, it's unlikely he'll find someone.
why is it unlikely he will find someone, when he makes over 200k a year?
why is he a cheapskate when he pays for her rent and her entire salary goes only to food..what does the rest of it go to?..herself probably
why do you think that in a non-marriage that just because the man makes 6 times more he should pay for everything including her rent? If this was a marriage I would agree with you...but it ain't...so i cain't

this is all besides the point though as the relationship is toxic at best and probably needs to end for many reasons

Old 06-15-2012, 04:29 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
So you rather move in with a guy where you will be also expected to chip in for rent/mortgage, dating expenses, bills, vacations, food, etc.?
I would NEVER move in with a man. I support myself. I don't ask men for money. So...forget that whole thread right there.

But...if I did...(not that I would)....I would pay my share...I am not dependent, I can buy my own food, and pay for my own vacations...I am not a "Blank"...I will let you fill in the blank.

Old 06-15-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I would NEVER move in with a man. I support myself. I don't ask men for money. So...forget that whole thread right there.

But...if I did...(not that I would)....I would pay my share...I am not dependent, I can buy my own food, and pay for my own vacations...I am not a "Blank"...I will let you fill in the blank.
Cool.

Thing is that I can hear many women say that they can take care of themselves and what not and later see them in a relationships like the one on this thread and when asked what happened they will go "Well, he's a gentleman, a real man, therefore I let him take care of me". You don't seem to be that way, right?

Old 06-15-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Cool.

Thing is that I can hear many women say that they can take care of themselves and what not and later see them in a relationships like the one on this thread and when asked what happened they will go "Well, he's a gentleman, a real man, therefore I let him take care of me". You don't seem to be that way, right?
make no mistake the OP is a dependant..if the relationship ends she is on her own just like JJ said, not quite sure how the guy is cheap..would love Saritaschihuahua to explain it...but something tells me she has been in the OP's shoes which is why she is so desperate to fight the point of him being cheap

Old 06-15-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
make no mistake the OP is a dependant..if the relationship ends she is on her own just like JJ said, not quite sure how the guy is cheap..would love Saritaschihuahua to explain it...but something tells me she has been in the OP's shoes which is why she is so desperate to fight the point of him being cheap
Yes she is. I mean, she has a job and all. You know what, I have wondered about that too. Maybe Saritaschihuahua can identify herself in this situation, who knows. She has said that a real man is that one who takes care of all expenses, pays, and so on. She keeps digging and digging to find a good reason to call this guy cheap after every thing he has done for her.

Still waiting for her answer though. She has talked about what makes a man a real man and so on. But she hasn't answered my question hhhhmmm.

Old 06-15-2012, 04:53 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Enough to travel around the world 4 to 5 times a year on vacation, to drive a new car, to have bills paid for, to take each other out on dates, to take care of our parents, to have a destination wedding in a couple of months, and to have a 2 country 2 or 3 week long honey moon. Just like any other couple out there. We are both contributing to all of the expenses, no mom or dad is helping us.

Again, what do you bring to the table other than company and sex while having a man pay for all your expenses and give you money? Come on, your turn to answer questions.
Very cool. Good for you guys. I'm sure you'll have a lovely wedding. Speaking of travel, I'm taking my husband to France and Switzerland this fall (my co is taking me). Perks for him!

Quote:
Cool.

I would bet these women are the exception and not the norm.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Very cool. Good for you guys. I'm sure you'll have a lovely wedding.
Thank you

Quote:
Speaking of travel, I'm taking my husband to France and Switzerland this fall (my co is taking me).
That's cool. Not been to Switzerland but I have been to France. Awesome place. My friend (not girlfriend or wife) took me to France on vacation. I took her to Morocco.

Quote:
I would bet these women are the exception and not the norm.
Like everything, there are exceptions.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:45 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,651 times
I personally don't need to, but what if I were poor and fell in love with someone with money? What's he going to do? Count every F penny? Make damned sure that I pay 50%? Why would anyone want someone whose sentiments so sick?

Quote:
So you rather move in with a guy where you will be also expected to chip in for rent/mortgage, dating expenses, bills, vacations, food, etc.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships