Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 10:27 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Ahhh....the "irony" of today....we go shopping, and my BF has a gift card. He only needs one thing...so...there is $5 left on the card....I immediately tell him all the stuff I need that costs $5....of course, he gives me the card...which I promptly spend. Later I take him out for dinner though....of course, earlier he bought beer...we really have an egalitarian relationship...more or less equal. I don't know how much money he has...or does not have....never has come up...

We are going on several trips this summer, I am paying for my portion. But he will no doubt pay for extra trips and other expenses...he always does. Not even an issue...

I told him about this thread....he laughed...obviously there were more issues in this relationship than $20....
There you go. There are some of us in relationships like this where no gender cards or entitlements are played. It's not about "I paid so it is your turn next time, ok?" it just happens naturally just like your example on your first paragraph. Like I have shared before, a girl took care of my lodging expenses for France, I took care of her's when we went to Morocco. I have tickets for X cultural event and my girl wants to go. After the event she surprises me with a table she reserved for dinner after the event and she treats me dinner. It's no big deal really. This may sound extreme and wrong to Saritaschihuahua if she’s not used to also giving instead of just receiving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 10:31 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,680,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
The OP's post had a great deal to do with a relationship with a highly immature, cheap, worthless individual. Why do we continue to discuss this, when she has dumped the loser?
Because you seem hell-bent on using every nasty adjective you can find in the thesaurus about the guy and can't seem to let it go.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:38 AM

270 posts, read 409,279 times
Quote:
She's not online when you want her to be, huh? Maybe she's a busy girl. You seem to have lots more leisure time than she does.
Poor Debate Skill #26: When one has run out of arguments, try thinly veiled personal attacks at one's opponent. Insinuations can sometimes distract.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:18 AM

76 posts, read 150,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
There you go. Now we know where your entitlements come from. Parents paying for your school, a man paying for all your expenses, supporting you, putting you through college, etc. Who ties your shoe laces?
Notice how she said "first hubby", meaning, she is at least on the second one now. Her parents paid for school, her "first" hubby paid for everything else, now she is on the second one. No doubt the second one pays for everything too. I'm not surprised she's siding with the OP. Either that, or she is a troll. Either way, good entertainment.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzJackRabbit View Post
Either that, or she is a troll. Either way, good entertainment.
Meh, I'm getting bored with it. She just keeps saying the same old thing over & over.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:43 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,131 times
You're very interested in my life! I feel like a movie star! Problem is, my life is not that interesting. Really. Trust me on this. Yours, however, might be. Care to share? I'm bored with the OP's a-h boyfriend and we need a new topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzJackRabbit View Post
Notice how she said "first hubby", meaning, she is at least on the second one now. Her parents paid for school, her "first" hubby paid for everything else, now she is on the second one. No doubt the second one pays for everything too. I'm not surprised she's siding with the OP. Either that, or she is a troll. Either way, good entertainment.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:45 PM

Are we not discussing the dude and his weeping and whining over $20 with the girl he allegedly cares for? Because if we are, he absolutely deserves every nasty adjective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Because you seem hell-bent on using every nasty adjective you can find in the thesaurus about the guy and can't seem to let it go.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:46 PM

This has nothing to do with gender. If the roles were reversed, the same would apply. He's a cheap, materialistic jerk. If the he were a she, she'd be a cheap, materialistic jerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
There you go. There are some of us in relationships like this where no gender cards or entitlements are played. It's not about "I paid so it is your turn next time, ok?" it just happens naturally just like your example on your first paragraph. Like I have shared before, a girl took care of my lodging expenses for France, I took care of her's when we went to Morocco. I have tickets for X cultural event and my girl wants to go. After the event she surprises me with a table she reserved for dinner after the event and she treats me dinner. It's no big deal really. This may sound extreme and wrong to Saritaschihuahua if she’s not used to also giving instead of just receiving.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:06 PM

11,784 posts, read 12,020,964 times
Quote:
Are we not discussing the dude and his weeping and whining over $20 with the girl he allegedly cares for? Because if we are, he absolutely deserves every nasty adjective.
Are we not discussing the OP and her weeping and whining over "forgetting" her wallet and her BF's frustration at that? (nevermind that he funds her entire life except groceries)

Old 06-19-2012, 01:12 PM

Ugh, can we just get a Moderator to close this thread? We've discussed it to death, and the 2 varying opinions will never be reconciled. It's degenerating into utter futility. Just close it already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships