Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 01:35 PM

102,184 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ceTr0n View Post
Just found one gal on okcupid that replied to me and would like to meet up face to face soon in my local town and is apparently to busy with career and having fun to deal with kids. I'm excited and nervous!

So naaah naaah to the naysayers!
I love a happy ending! Let us know how it goes!

Old 06-12-2012, 02:07 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
So am I. I will never give a rip about their kids' graduations, weddings, and other milestones, so why waste their time and mine.

I stopped frequenting single childless women who wanted kids because I was wasting their time. I get out of the way REAL QUICK. In some cases, their education and income was better than mine, so I felt like it was even more lopsided. The only way I would have it is D.I.N.K. - dual income, no kids. But I am no longer looking, anyway. I think that the number of women who want to marry AND make a decision to remain childless is the minority. Many women feel that kids represent self-actualization. I certainly don't need kids to self-actualize. I just need to travel more and travel to new places instead!
This outlook is my outlook, in reverse.
I have no desire to meet anyone's kids, & would never be attending their functions. One guy got mad because after 1 date I wouldn't go see his first grader's school play.

So my policy is whoever I'm with better not want kids, I've raised mine already; I have no interest in raising someone else's.

Now it's time to travel

That's another cool thing about my ex I find irresistibly cute - he doesn't want kids of his own & calls my kids his

Old 06-12-2012, 02:10 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,298,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
This outlook is my outlook, in reverse.
I have no desire to meet anyone's kids, & would never be attending their functions. One guy got mad because after 1 date I wouldn't go see his first grader's school play.

So my policy is whoever I'm with better not want kids, I've raised mine already; I have no interest in raising someone else's.

Now it's time to travel

That's another cool thing about my ex I find irresistibly cute - he doesn't want kids of his own & calls my kids his
Wait, so your a single mother who wants a guy to treat your kids like his own, but wants absolutely nothing to do with his (if he has kids)?

Old 06-12-2012, 02:32 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Wait, so your a single mother who wants a guy to treat your kids like his own, but wants absolutely nothing to do with his (if he has kids)?
First off, I'm not lookin' anymore.

And second, if I was he wouldn't even get to meet my kids; there would be no point in that.
My kids are adults with their own lives.....the one & only exception to this rule is my ex- who's hooked on all of us

Old 06-12-2012, 05:42 PM

17,208 posts, read 57,041,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
She's out there. It may take you longer to find her, but she's definitely out there. Not all women want children.

We had an interesting thread that revealed that women in their 20's may not want kids, but in their 30's when hormonal shifts happen, suddenly they HAVE to have kids. The point is that sometimes guys feel like a switcheroo has been pulled on them, when in fact it's the woman's body/hormonal system that's pulled a switcheroo on her. Just something it may be useful for you to keep in mind in your search. You might get a more accurate read of women in a couple of years, as they get into their 30's.
This is true. There is a way around it though, OP - if you cougar up with an attractive 40 to 50 year old gal, one who has had her tubes tied, probably that is about the ideal mate for you.

The 30-somethings who start screaming about the biological clock - back in the day, man, did I want a James Bond style ejection seat for them or what?!

Old 06-12-2012, 05:52 PM

227 posts, read 464,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
This is true. There is a way around it though, OP - if you cougar up with an attractive 40 to 50 year old gal, one who has had her tubes tied, probably that is about the ideal mate for you.

Absolutely not and I am finding there are plenty of woman my age thanks to this post as well as checking other dating sites that show they are out there, its just matter of finding them and the right one. I just got another email on okcupid from another gal who is interested in talking with me even though she's in the next state. She's type one diabetic so probably explains why she has no desire to have kids. Another gal who's younger then me wants to meet up and is not showing interesting in kids either, so I am having a major turn in my luck and happiness since I made this thread!

Old 06-12-2012, 09:34 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,505,439 times
OP's biggest advantage is his 6'0" Height and he is Caucasian.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:53 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,810,585 times
Quote:
Absolutely not and I am finding there are plenty of woman my age thanks to this post as well as checking other dating sites that show they are out there, its just matter of finding them and the right one. I just got another email on okcupid from another gal who is interested in talking with me even though she's in the next state. She's type one diabetic so probably explains why she has no desire to have kids. Another gal who's younger then me wants to meet up and is not showing interesting in kids either, so I am having a major turn in my luck and happiness since I made this thread!
Come back with an update!

Old 06-13-2012, 12:29 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
You are looking for the older crowd. Look for women who have already raised children and have been widowed/divorced.

I'd look for late 30s+. I think that's when you can expect most women to have raised there children.
A man his age MORE than likely wants a younger gal. I understand the older women thing but MOST guys his age DO want a gal his age or younger.

He DOES NOT want children to ever be apart of his life. Therefore older women with adult children are out of the question.

With all due respect, I don't see a lot of older women that have had children, that look to be in shape. More than likely the OP wants a gal in good shape, not a ton of baggage that comes with children and probably he wants a gal that has NEVER been married.

Sure the OP wants to settle down but I am sure he'd like to be involved with a gal HE considers HOT.

A older gal probably will not do it for him.

Even as I approach 40, I still like them them under 30.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:33 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times
Quote:
Stick to your guns Big Guy! You want what you want. It's out there for you.

There are thousands and thousands of women that fall in line with what you're after.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships