Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 09:04 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
My advice to the OP is to seek out academic and/or artistic women. Statistically, the more intelligent a woman is the more likely she is to be childfree. Also, people who are artistic tend to be less interested in children for some reason. You might try getting to know some of the people that support the arts in your community as a good start.

20yrsinBranson
blissfully childfree by choice
Now this is some good advice.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:06 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
I hate kids and want to live a childfree life. I even told my brother that if he has kids, don't expect me to care about them too much. To some that may be cold and cruel but I am honest about it. But i realize that its a natural urge to want to reproduce, so I'm not disappointed at all. I know finding a woman who thinks like I do about kids is next to impossible to find.
Sorry to say that I just lost respect for you. Not wanting to bear children of your own is fine, but having the nerve to say that you HATE them is ridiculous. Hope you never find anyone that thinks like you do.

Moderator cut: snip

Anyway, moving on.

Last edited by Keeper; 06-14-2012 at 06:31 AM..

Old 06-14-2012, 05:56 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ceTr0n View Post
In the future when I have money and yes, there are groups all over like you stated

Theres no time like the present. For someone as adamant about not wanting children, spending a few hundred dollars to see that you dont ever have children seems like it would be a priority. How long does it take to save up 5 or 6 hundred dollars?

Old 06-14-2012, 06:05 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,927,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
I hate kids and want to live a childfree life. I even told my brother that if he has kids, don't expect me to care about them too much. To some that may be cold and cruel but I am honest about it. But i realize that its a natural urge to want to reproduce, so I'm not disappointed at all. I know finding a woman who thinks like I do about kids is next to impossible to find.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
Sorry to say that I just lost respect for you. Not wanting to bear children of your own is fine, but having the nerve to say that you HATE them is ridiculous. Hope you never find anyone that thinks like you do.

You're nothing but a pathetic POS.

Anyway, moving on.
Actually, the urge to "hate" children could be quite natural.
Many species of animals will kill another pack member's young to ensure their genetic line survives.

Although we have a developed society, these urges may still be within us on an instinctual level.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:26 AM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
I might get that too so I can f**k as many women as I can.
I love these posts. They are so illuminating, like a flashlight in the dark while walking through a cow pasture.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:29 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Theres no time like the present. For someone as adamant about not wanting children, spending a few hundred dollars to see that you dont ever have children seems like it would be a priority. How long does it take to save up 5 or 6 hundred dollars?
I doubt the OP is committed enough in his anti-children stance to actually arrange for his testicles to be interfered with.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:30 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Seriously, if you adamantly don't want kids, the whole "a vasectomy is JUST TOOOOOOO EXPENSIVE FOR ME!" line is weak. It would likely be the most worthwhile expenditure of your life, and as reproduction- related medical procedures go, it falls under the category of comparatively cheap n' simple. It makes me wonder about the actual strength of people's commitment to the childfe lifestyle when they're not actually willing to take the appropriate precautions to ensure that they don't reproduce.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:15 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Seriously, if you adamantly don't want kids, the whole "a vasectomy is JUST TOOOOOOO EXPENSIVE FOR ME!" line is weak. It would likely be the most worthwhile expenditure of your life, and as reproduction- related medical procedures go, it falls under the category of comparatively cheap n' simple. It makes me wonder about the actual strength of people's commitment to the childfe lifestyle when they're not actually willing to take the appropriate precautions to ensure that they don't reproduce.
Yeah if you have insurance, you really won't have to pay anything, if at all to get a vasectomy. Matter of fact, when I got mine, I didn't pay a dime out of pocket, it was totally covered. However, a doctor may not do it for you right away, if you are young and single and never been married. They may make you wait a while and think it over, before they give you the procedure.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:43 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Makes me wonder too. Especially since it is cheap and simple for men. After the birth of my 2nd child I was adamant abount never having another and refused to get off the delivery table until the dr. preformed a tubal. I told him to cut the tubes, fill them with concrete and burn the ends!

Old 06-14-2012, 07:50 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,302,712 times
Just an FYI, I'm 25 and no one will perform tubal ligation on me. It's difficult when doctors dont understand that a women who has never been married or had kids would want the surgery @ 25. It's not a matter of just walking in and requesting it. I've had 5 OBGYN's outright refuse to perform the surgery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships