Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2012, 01:42 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,138 times

Advertisements

I work in an office where 90% of the women wear heels, unless they're pregnant. None of these women look like clowns. They aren't wearing hot pink strappy hooker shoes. We wear 3-4", black,white, beige, navy heels with pencil skirts or tailored pants.

Corporate Dressing for Women - FunOnTheNet

I dont know anyone I work with who feels insecure and therefore wears heels. None of them look flashy, or gaudy.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:53 PM

331 posts, read 735,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I saw this really hot Asian girl a couple months ago at a coffee shop so of course I had to approach her. She started talking and omg her teeth were so ugly it was scary. Not only were they crooked but they were black in places!!
Many people from China tend to have really nasty teeth cos of poverty - I have a very good friend from China - her teeth look rotten, cos when she was young in China her family was very poor and they couldn't afford dental care.

She's really well off now, but she still won't get her teeth fixed, she's too cheap to, even though she has 6 figure salary. She's nice looking, works out etc..if she got her teeth fixed she'd find a boyfriend pretty easily.

A friend of mine went to Japan and he said a lot of the women there have really bad teeth too.

A lot of east-Asian women (fresh from Asia) have bad breath too, it can be very garlicky cos of their food. I've kissed a few with breath like that and it's a big turn off.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:55 PM

331 posts, read 735,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
What does everyone have against heels and makeup!?! Geesh!
I have no problem with them

Short hair is big turn off to me, I don't find it feminine.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:05 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
The counterpart thread to what turns women off when dating. Guys what are your dealbreakers?
Please, please, please, keep conversation about previous boyfriends and previous dating to a minimum. If you were/are a serial dater, and are non-chalantly trying to "warn" a guy you are interested in, about your datin habits, please do it subtley.
I dated someone who was so often, oh yea, i went on a date with this one guy.... or, this one guy I dated....
I dont know about everyone, but it is a bit of a turn off to hear about your previous dating life. Sometimes there are funny stories worth telling, but be selective, and keep them to a minimum.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:32 PM

64 posts, read 243,549 times
Wow!

This is a conservative group with some very traditional ideas about how women should behave.

Let me ask a question- why is it so hard to hear about another guy? I get it if its incessant and the date in question is clearly not over them, but a mention in passing seems innocent enough.

And, let's play Devils Advocate for a minute-- anyone want a woman with a bit of a sexual past? Wouldn't that mean she might be less inhibited and more confident? Why does someone who has slept with ten, fifteen, or a couple of dozen people over a period of years mean they are less desirable as a partner? Maybe they are just picky and healthy-- they have a decent sex drive which needs satisfaction, but they haven't found the person they want to end up with. Should they deny themselves? Would you?

Sorry, but I think that all this talk of numbers, promiscuity and "skankiness" is just kind of sexist. I know plenty of very attractive, smart, successful women who carry themselves with class and have slept with quite a few men. And I can say the same about many of the males in my acquaintance. Maybe its best just not to broach this subject with people. I don't think it makes a darn bit of difference if they are disease free, discrete and focused on their current partner.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:34 PM

57 posts, read 50,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastthemiddle View Post
Wow!

This is a conservative group with some very traditional ideas about how women should behave.

Let me ask a question- why is it so hard to hear about another guy? I get it if its incessant and the date in question is clearly not over them, but a mention in passing seems innocent enough.
98% of the men on this forum are self-conscious, socially awkward, and just general sissy-boys so hearing about other men intimates them.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:51 PM

11,369 posts, read 9,282,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I work in an office where 90% of the women wear heels, unless they're pregnant. None of these women look like clowns. They aren't wearing hot pink strappy hooker shoes. We wear 3-4", black,white, beige, navy heels with pencil skirts or tailored pants.

Corporate Dressing for Women - FunOnTheNet

I dont know anyone I work with who feels insecure and therefore wears heels. None of them look flashy, or gaudy.
Sorry to say but that's just dumb. They should be concerned about future back problems as it is a known fact that wearing heels, especially for long periods, is not good for you. I have to wonder why these woman choose to be in discomfort all day. Are they doing this to get attention from men? That percentage kind of shocks me. I've spent the better part of over the last 25 years in office settings and I do not see many who wear them.

Your "look like clowns" statement doesn't fit here. That applies to women who wear heavy makeup - another turn-off for me.

Everyone has different tastes in preference. Not all men have the same tastes. For example I do not have any problems with average looking women with short hair and who wear little to no makeup.

I'll add that I find the plastic Barbie look to be unattractive.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:55 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastthemiddle View Post
Wow!

And, let's play Devils Advocate for a minute-- [b] anyone want a woman with a bit of a sexual past? Wouldn't that mean she might be less inhibited and more confident? Why does someone who has slept with ten, fifteen, or a couple of dozen people over a period of years mean they are less desirable as a partner? [\b] Maybe they are just picky and healthy-- they have a decent sex drive which needs satisfaction, but they haven't found the person they want to end up with. Should they deny themselves? Would you?

Sorry, but I think that all this talk of numbers, promiscuity and "skankiness" is just kind of sexist. I know plenty of very attractive, smart, successful women who carry themselves with class and have slept with quite a few men. And I can say the same about many of the males in my acquaintance. Maybe its best just not to broach this subject with people. I don't think it makes a darn bit of difference if they are disease free, discrete and focused on their current partner.
I bolded....
Re: Talking about other men. This is not something that "usually" amuses me. I'm sure some women that date a lot, have experienced a lot of funny, or weird, or odd, or fun stories. But hearing about "a lot" of other men gives the impression that you might be too picky. Maybe it is because I'm not a serial dater, but I think that anyone (mand and female) that go on 100 dates a year, but only can maintain 2 and 3 month relationships are either stuck in the"fun" mode, or their expectations are way too high of what thy want in a partner.

Re: a woman with a sexual past.
The last relationship I was in was with woman with a VERY high sex drive. She claims to have only slept with less then fingers and toes, but she "bragged" about how she could date 6 guys in an ongoing basis and have four dates A WEEK. We were exclusive to the best of my knowledge, and her past didn bother me too much. Regardless, I honestly LOVED her sexual appitite. I thought it was great how we could pretty much do anything, and sex was a fun, comfortable, pleasureable experience for us. I wouldn't hold sexually experienced against a woman, but I don't neccessarily want to hear about how you got there, AND I don't want to deal with the possible ego that comes along with the ability to pleasure the opposite sex.
Have fun, but be humble. We all have a past...
Just my 2 cents

Old 06-12-2012, 07:12 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,866,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KendaleMiami View Post
98% of the men on this forum are self-conscious, socially awkward, and just general sissy-boys so hearing about other men intimates them.
So, according your logic its okay for guys to talk about all the good/bad women on a date? Like compare sex and how they "did it", or how she's such a good person yet you aren't with her anymore? I'm sure she wouldn't mind, nah she's a big girl, she can take the competition!

They did an episode on American Dad about Stan's wife having a HUGE rose garden for every man she's been with, and Stan waited until marriage before the bomb dropped on him. Funny, yet sad at the same time and as usual, Stan had to accept it... yet in an episode of Family Matters, Harriet seemed upset that Carl never told her about the women he was with before her so everytime he tried to make a low number he got zapped by Urkel's modified lie detector.

Damn two TV references, I feel like I'm in an episode of Family Guy... OH CRAP THATS THREE!

Last edited by Cyber Surfer; 06-12-2012 at 07:52 PM..

Old 06-12-2012, 07:23 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,878 times
A woman being overweight. It's not attractive and it says a lot about a her personality like ...........hey I'm super lazy and don't care about myself.

I can pretty much look past anything else as long as a girl is attractive. The sad truth is that to most men women as a whole are
Uninteresting unless they have theire clothes off.

just saying........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships