Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 08:41 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,812,167 times

Advertisements

I was reading a blog where a husband admits he cheats on his wife. He said he is no longer attracted to her like he was when she was in her 20s. He says he still loves her and doesn't want to get divorced. So he cheats on her but doesn't "rub it in her face". He says she knows about it, accepts it, and they don't discuss it.

A woman left a comment that she would have no problem being married to an unfaithful husband as long as he had other qualities she liked.

Have we gotten to the point where the majority of wives have no problem with a cheating spouse? Have we completely shifted to de-facto polygamy? I hope not. Please tell me there are some women left who would say "Hell No!" to the idea of a cheating husband.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 08:52 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,148,039 times
Here's a HELL NO! for you! No way, no way, no way would I be ok with it!!! I don't understand how women could accept it and still be with them. Seriously, these must be women who don't feel like they are worthy of anything more. It's sad!

Old 06-10-2012, 08:59 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,603,152 times
Hell no.

How about if you want to cheat then don't get married. Don't even get into a damn relationship. Just play the field.

Or find a woman who is into having an open marriage.

What I find amusing is most men who cheat on their wives and want them to accept it are the same ones who would have a heart attack if the tables were turned.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:01 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,251,312 times
No.
And because of economic freedom, I am guessing even fewer women today would put up with it relative to the previous generation.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:44 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,432,932 times
if she knows he is sleeping around on her and accepts is that is hardly cheating...

Last edited by rego00123; 06-10-2012 at 09:49 PM.. Reason: made a wewpsie

Old 06-10-2012, 09:52 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,719,515 times
Hells to the no!

I'm not sure who would be in more trouble... the man cheating or the 'other woman' once I found out who it is.
Cheating is not OK, regardless of if it's a man cheating or a woman cheating. Gross, gross, gross. If you aren't happy, if you don't want to be married anymore, if you're just looking to be bad, then break up, go to counseling, or get a divorce before anything like cheating happens. And don't even get me started on those who take back cheaters because they want to salvage their marriage or children are involved and they don't want to change their lives, etc. You can argue your side until you're blue in the face, but from experience, many children are aware of what's going on and may have feelings of their own about their parent who cheated (depending on their age).

Old 06-10-2012, 09:57 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,263,032 times
I'd be hard pushed to accept ANY husband, let alone a cheating one!

Old 06-10-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
No.
And because of economic freedom, I am guessing even fewer women today would put up with it relative to the previous generation.
These "game" blogs claim that due to women's economic freedom there is out of control hypergamy. That women have become so picky that they are only interested in a small % of men. These men (alpha males) have unlimited options and have no interest or incentive to remain faithful in a relationship, including marriage.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss J 74 View Post
Hell no.

How about if you want to cheat then don't get married. Don't even get into a damn relationship. Just play the field.

Or find a woman who is into having an open marriage.

What I find amusing is most men who cheat on their wives and want them to accept it are the same ones who would have a heart attack if the tables were turned.
I remember when my mom went to real estate school, my dad was convinced she was cheating. Some nights he would even put furniture to block the door so she couldn't come back home after her "cheating" Meanwhile not too long after that my mom discovered my dad was the one who was cheating when she got an STD. They divorced after that.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:24 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,603,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I remember when my mom went to real estate school, my dad was convinced she was cheating. Some nights he would even put furniture to block the door so she couldn't come back home after her "cheating" Meanwhile not too long after that my mom discovered my dad was the one who was cheating when she got an STD. They divorced after that.
I remember there was a saying along the lines of something like the ones who cheat are usually the first ones to accuse the other of cheating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships