U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2008, 07:24 PM

165 posts, read 641,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
What difference does it make if a strip club was in your neighborhood? I don't understand.
You serious? There's a time and place for everything! (as long as it's legal ) and the place for a strip club is not in my neighborhood where my kids have to see it every day.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 08:07 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,442,650 times
i agree. strips clubs tend to attract unsavory types also and they may get too drunk and pee in your bushes or worse!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaniac View Post
You serious? There's a time and place for everything! (as long as it's legal ) and the place for a strip club is not in my neighborhood where my kids have to see it every day.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:11 PM

388 posts, read 300,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaniac View Post
Yes, I'm serious. What are your kids going to see every day? The girls entering/leaving the parking lot in the rear entrance? Clientele parking their cars and entering the building (just like anywhere else)? I don't get it.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:15 PM

278 posts, read 880,363 times
When we lived near a Naval Base... we had two strip clubs right outside of the base gates. I think it was a much needed service to many sailors. I'm even conservative and never found it offensive in any way.

Old 01-04-2008, 06:37 PM

8,000 posts, read 18,104,194 times
Quote:
Yes, I'm serious. What are your kids going to see every day? The girls entering/leaving the parking lot in the rear entrance? Clientele parking their cars and entering the building (just like anywhere else)? I don't get it.
well in that case, why don't we put one right across the street from the elementary school

Old 01-04-2008, 09:58 PM

26 posts, read 114,214 times
1st, it is only your business if you choose to go to a strip club.
2nd, they are expensive. The women who work there view it as a job which is to get your money and that is all it is to them.
3rd, been there and done it before. My opinion, it is not worth it.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:53 AM

1,177 posts, read 3,995,958 times
Quote:
What difference does it make if a strip club was in your neighborhood? I don't understand.
I assume you are either kidding or naive. Strip clubs are magnets for more crime, including drug transactions, robberies, and prostitution to mention a few. This has and can be documented by your local police department. It adversely impacts property values. There are also reasons why strip clubs are not allowed near schools. Do you understand now?

Old 01-05-2008, 10:16 AM

320 posts, read 929,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyinNY View Post
Hello,

I have another interesting question.

A while back I had a co-worker ask me if I wanted to go with him to the local strip club to chill out.

I had another co-worker (who is female) who overheard the conversation comment something that sounded like she wouldn't respect anyone going to the strip club. I ended up not going cause something came up but I was wondering on her comment ever since.

I could understand if we were married it would be disrespectful to your wife, but both of us are single dudes. It only for fun and to have a drink or two.

What wrong with going to the club and relaxing after a long week of work? What are your thoughts ? Do you approve or disapprove?

Which leads to my second question.

Do any of your ladies out there go the strip clubs? and why? to have fun and chill out? Right?

This answer depends on how people were brought up....(morals)
i personally wish stip clubs never existed....i lose respect for men that go there....its just my standards....
but to each his own i guess
On the other hand, i wouldn't be your typical girl either.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:49 AM

27,852 posts, read 28,355,385 times
I don't approve of them...

1st men are weak in that area....it's like a drug to some and some cannot control it
2nd, you put one in a decent neighborhood with defenseless kids and the young parents are very worried and have every right to be.
3rd...I'm from an older generation, and while I know that to some they are harmless and it doesn't turn them on, there are others that it does...and that is the problem...
4 I always think of it this way...and say this to all the guys....if that was your daughter, how would you feel if that was her up there struttin her stuff in front of all these hot men?
If someone comes in and answers, well, that would be ok by me...well, then...ok

I do not approve of them....it feeds the sexual drive to a dangerous level in some
and lets admit it, men are men, and it is soooo difficult for some to keep their hormones in their pants...and their intellectual brain in check....sorry if I offend anyone, but sex, is and should be a very personal spiritual experience between two people....not exploited...for money, plus I wouldn't date a man who went to them...
it's really gross to me?

I always wonder when people post this stuff, if they are looking for approval?????

It is though your personal prefrence, and your right to go....but as for me....strip clubs brings out anything and everything from the darkness....ewwwwww

Old 01-05-2008, 01:39 PM

320 posts, read 929,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I don't approve of them...

1st men are weak in that area....it's like a drug to some and some cannot control it
2nd, you put one in a decent neighborhood with defenseless kids and the young parents are very worried and have every right to be.
3rd...I'm from an older generation, and while I know that to some they are harmless and it doesn't turn them on, there are others that it does...and that is the problem...
4 I always think of it this way...and say this to all the guys....if that was your daughter, how would you feel if that was her up there struttin her stuff in front of all these hot men?
If someone comes in and answers, well, that would be ok by me...well, then...ok

I do not approve of them....it feeds the sexual drive to a dangerous level in some
and lets admit it, men are men, and it is soooo difficult for some to keep their hormones in their pants...and their intellectual brain in check....sorry if I offend anyone, but sex, is and should be a very personal spiritual experience between two people....not exploited...for money, plus I wouldn't date a man who went to them...
it's really gross to me?

I always wonder when people post this stuff, if they are looking for approval?????

It is though your personal prefrence, and your right to go....but as for me....strip clubs brings out anything and everything from the darkness....ewwwwww

I AGREE COMPLETELY THANK YOU FOR BEING SO BOLD ABOUT IT....I WOULD GIVE YOU SOME REP POINTS BUT IT WONT ALLOW ME TO AT THIS TIME
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships