U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-25-2007, 05:00 PM
 
Location: Arizona, The American Southwest
54,319 posts, read 32,776,675 times
Reputation: 91643

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Let me get you too a tissue.. how nice of you to try to force your moral perceptions on everyone. Nice little stories too.. bet they are just that stories. There is nothing wrong with strip clubs, there is nothing wrong with prostitution either. Grow up already.
We're not trying to force anything on you, we're just expressing our opinions on strip clubs, and do me a favor, don't make an accusation that we're just telling stories, they're not stories.

Let me ask you this also, if you had a daughter, would you want her to work at these places or work as a prostitute? Think about it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-25-2007, 05:01 PM
 
Location: in my imagination
13,067 posts, read 20,477,668 times
Reputation: 9506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Let me get you too a tissue.. how nice of you to try to force your moral perceptions on everyone. Nice little stories too.. bet they are just that stories. There is nothing wrong with strip clubs, there is nothing wrong with prostitution either. Grow up already.
I read your other post,and I agree with it,but I also agree with mjb and MM to a extent.I guess it depends on the dancer and the customers perspective.

I don't see a problem going to one once in a while,then again a guy who gets paid on Friday and by the end of Friday night has blown most of his paycheck on dances and booze,well that's too bad.

The dancers,like I said I have known a couple,got to know some of their associates to and there is truth in that yes there are dancers who keep it clean while also there are some girls who'll do anything for the $,and may have some issues.It all depends on the individual.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2007, 05:25 PM
 
Location: Brentwood, TN
8,000 posts, read 18,110,394 times
Reputation: 12350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
We're not trying to force anything on you, we're just expressing our opinions on strip clubs, and do me a favor, don't make an accusation that we're just telling stories, they're not stories.

Let me ask you this also, if you had a daughter, would you want her to work at these places or work as a prostitute? Think about it.
Be careful what you ask Mike, you might not like the answer.

Also, apparantely everyone is allowed to share their opinion or own personal experiences on here except us.

I believe we both said SOME not ALL!!!

Heading from OP's thread: Strip clubs...do you approve?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2007, 05:46 PM
 
Location: Brentwood, TN
8,000 posts, read 18,110,394 times
Reputation: 12350
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Sounds to me like you have the wrong kind of friends......in short "hogwash"
Hi dynimagelv, yeah, wrong kind of friends, they are a couple of gals I graduated with 18 years ago. Don't see them anymore, not because they became strippers though, it was after the drugs started that I lost contact with them.

Hogwash?? LOL, that's funny, trust me, I wish it was because they were some great gals back in school with very promising futures!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2007, 06:31 PM
 
1,397 posts, read 4,717,977 times
Reputation: 2697
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
not sure what state you are in, but women can spend more than that in a half hour on a shopping spree..
That is a good one!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2007, 06:46 PM
 
4,271 posts, read 14,843,433 times
Reputation: 3416
You're a single guy. Single guys go to strip clubs. It's all good in my book. The only thing is, it's not something I would say "outloud" in a work environment. No matter how you look at it, mentioning "strip clubs" in a professional environment is "taboo" if you ask me. I'm not trying to be a prude but you never know who you're going to offend these days or perhaps who may be standing over your shoulder. Personally, I think it's judgmental for somebody to have an "opinion" about you just b'c you go to strip clubs but then again, I don't really know a lot of people who do it on a regular basis.

I'm female and have never been to a strip club. I'm curious though so I don't think I'd ever be against the idea of going but both hubby and I are homebodies so I don't think I'd ever be in that kind of situation anyway! I think it's a waste of money ... so does hubby - he'd rather spend it on Star Wars Legos.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2007, 07:14 PM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
5,080 posts, read 9,296,423 times
Reputation: 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
We're not trying to force anything on you, we're just expressing our opinions on strip clubs, and do me a favor, don't make an accusation that we're just telling stories, they're not stories.

Let me ask you this also, if you had a daughter, would you want her to work at these places or work as a prostitute? Think about it.
I have a daughter. And to be honest I would like to see her more than that, but I would not fault her if thats what she did to make a living. If you go back you'll see my wife stripped in a all nude club after getting out of the Army. There was no other jobs in El Paso that paid a living wage, or that did not require spanish to do. She would bring home 500 to 1500 a night.. not a week or month, but a night. I bounced at the club she worked at, She did it without drinking, doing drugs, banging a guy in VIP, or any of the things you blow hards are saying about dancers. Yes there are those that get hooked on drugs, but there are Lawyers, doctors and other professionals that do as well. So please spare me.

Prostitution is the oldest profession, if its done clean and safe, then why not. I know a couple by appointment only girls I met while working as a body guard, and these ladies were all class, and had bank accounts that rival many highly trained professional business people.

So say what you will, I have met many a dancer, that has gone on to bigger and better things.. either A: because they got that collage degree, B: had their fun and then settled down.

Think about all them hippies out there that blew there minds out on free love and drugs, many are the doctors you goto, or the person that you seek in your churches.. so let us not judge these women by the profession they choose now.. we all grow older and wiser. And sometimes these people have a better head on their shoulders because of life experience and not being a prude.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2007, 07:21 PM
 
Location: Brentwood, TN
8,000 posts, read 18,110,394 times
Reputation: 12350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
I have a daughter. And to be honest I would like to see her more than that, but I would not fault her if thats what she did to make a living. If you go back you'll see my wife stripped in a all nude club after getting out of the Army. There was no other jobs in El Paso that paid a living wage, or that did not require spanish to do. She would bring home 500 to 1500 a night.. not a week or month, but a night. I bounced at the club she worked at, She did it without drinking, doing drugs, banging a guy in VIP, or any of the things you blow hards are saying about dancers. Yes there are those that get hooked on drugs, but there are Lawyers, doctors and other professionals that do as well. So please spare me.

Prostitution is the oldest profession, if its done clean and safe, then why not. I know a couple by appointment only girls I met while working as a body guard, and these ladies were all class, and had bank accounts that rival many highly trained professional business people.

So say what you will, I have met many a dancer, that has gone on to bigger and better things.. either A: because they got that collage degree, B: had their fun and then settled down.

Think about all them hippies out there that blew there minds out on free love and drugs, many are the doctors you goto, or the person that you seek in your churches.. so let us not judge these women by the profession they choose.

OK, your viewpoint is understood and your experiences - I was only sharing some of my experiences. I only said I (myself) didn't like it - I wasn't speaking for everyone else. There was no need to be rude to us for having our own opinion about something!! The original poster asked....do you approve? Well some people do and some people don't ~~ I never said every single one of them was a drinker or a drug addict either. This is an open forum for all kinds of opinions and for people to share their stories.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2007, 08:47 PM
 
Location: Old Town Alexandria
14,499 posts, read 25,774,731 times
Reputation: 8943
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastra View Post
That is a good one!!!
Some of us women have other addictions. Chanel, cruises, designer suits...




The pursuit of happiness makes life fun...


sunny
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2007, 08:49 PM
 
4,271 posts, read 14,843,433 times
Reputation: 3416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
The pursuit of happiness makes life fun...
Ain't that the truth!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:48 AM.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top