U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 09:46 PM

40 posts, read 323,406 times

Advertisements

Wow......I knew the dancers at these clubs made decent money but $500-$1500 a night.

I could see now why someone may want to work in there if it is true they make that much money. I guess better than working at the local burger place making $5.15/hour with no benefits.

.....They could save that money and go to school and
become a highly successsful person in society. If life was that simple.

Of course I wouldn't recommend anyone working in that kind of environment. There are pitfalls when you work in such an environment if you are not careful such as rape and drug use.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 09:56 PM

13 posts, read 72,212 times
I have never been to a strip club but see nothing wrong with a man going there. I mean its a fantacy, what wrong with a man going there to have a little fun. Its not like he's going there to find the next best thing. I say let em have fun.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:34 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,276,318 times
Quote:
OK, your viewpoint is understood and your experiences - I was only sharing some of my experiences. I only said I (myself) didn't like it - I wasn't speaking for everyone else. There was no need to be rude to us for having our own opinion about something!! The original poster asked....do you approve? Well some people do and some people don't ~~ I never said every single one of them was a drinker or a drug addict either. This is an open forum for all kinds of opinions and for people to share their stories.
I apologize then.. it just sounded like your stories were made up to shine the worst light you could on the profession in general.. painting with a broad brush so to speak.. and I dealt you the same broad stroke.

Old 09-26-2007, 03:38 PM

54,290 posts, read 32,728,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
... Yes there are those that get hooked on drugs, but there are Lawyers, doctors and other professionals that do as well. So please spare me.

Prostitution is the oldest profession, if its done clean and safe, then why not. I know a couple by appointment only girls I met while working as a body guard, and these ladies were all class, and had bank accounts that rival many highly trained professional business people.

So say what you will, I have met many a dancer, that has gone on to bigger and better things.. either A: because they got that collage degree, B: had their fun and then settled down.

Think about all them hippies out there that blew there minds out on free love and drugs, many are the doctors you goto, or the person that you seek in your churches.. so let us not judge these women by the profession they choose now.. we all grow older and wiser. And sometimes these people have a better head on their shoulders because of life experience and not being a prude.
Yes it's true drugs and alcohol can be an addiction for just about anybody, but in this thread, we're not talking about hippies, doctors, lawyers and other type of professionals, we're talking about strip dancers. Some are fortunate to do this profession for a few years and go on to better things, but the truth is, many women are lured into this profession because they think they'll become rich and possibly famous, but end up getting disappointed or are lured into more sinister lifestyles that include drugs, alcohol and God knows what else, and only end up in the bottom of a pit with no way out Yes, I'm sure there are plenty of success stories from such dancers, but let's not forget that are also just as many instances of disapointment.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:10 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,276,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Yes it's true drugs and alcohol can be an addiction for just about anybody, but in this thread, we're not talking about hippies, doctors, lawyers and other type of professionals, we're talking about strip dancers. Some are fortunate to do this profession for a few years and go on to better things, but the truth is, many women are lured into this profession because they think they'll become rich and possibly famous, but end up getting disappointed or are lured into more sinister lifestyles that include drugs, alcohol and God knows what else, and only end up in the bottom of a pit with no way out Yes, I'm sure there are plenty of success stories from such dancers, but let's not forget that are also just as many instances of disapointment.
So your telling me your a glass is half empty kinda person.

Now I am not saying we should ignore the bad, heck without it we would not know what the good is.. but lets be honest.. you had an agenda and you came in here not to discuss anything but to bull your opinion though and make anyone who differed from you feel bad for disagreeing. Your still trying to bully me with you dark blue bold text like your opinion is far superior than mine and should stand out more. No one is fooled.

Oh and the use of the doctors and such was not to discuss them, but as an example. Nice try at deflection.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:23 PM

25,098 posts, read 37,917,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Yes it's true drugs and alcohol can be an addiction for just about anybody, I'm sure there are plenty of success stories from such dancers, but let's not forget that are also just as many instances of disapointment.
Yes - this thread is about Strip Clubs. But, in order to discuss the "plight" of the young ladies that dance, you cannot ignore other professions as well - particularily when you mention the other, often "darkside" issues - alcohol, drugs etc.

I was amazed at a recent story of a well known surgeon who stopped a surgery to go take a swig of booze from his little flask - DURING A SURGERY.

The "darkside" you note applies to ALL PROFESSIONS - and not just those who make a living dancing and taking their clothes off.

I have to say, and I say this after reading a number of your posts on this topic, it sounds to me that you have formed your opinions without having any real knowledge of the topic - you have taken and stereotyped the person (the dancers) when it actually may be unfair to do so.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:38 PM

443 posts, read 1,735,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickinNY View Post
I have never been to a strip club but see nothing wrong with a man going there. I mean its a fantacy, what wrong with a man going there to have a little fun. Its not like he's going there to find the next best thing. I say let em have fun.

You might if you saw how hard some of the strippers bounce on a guys crotch. It's pretty much having sex with clothes on. I love the nuidy bars

Old 09-26-2007, 07:04 PM

54,290 posts, read 32,728,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
So your telling me your a glass is half empty kinda person.

Now I am not saying we should ignore the bad, heck without it we would not know what the good is.. but lets be honest.. you had an agenda and you came in here not to discuss anything but to bull your opinion though and make anyone who differed from you feel bad for disagreeing. Your still trying to bully me with you dark blue bold text like your opinion is far superior than mine and should stand out more. No one is fooled.

Oh and the use of the doctors and such was not to discuss them, but as an example. Nice try at deflection.
Your analogy of the glass being half full is out of context in this discussion and where I stand when it comes to the moral decay of society. And no my glass is always full when it comes to many other aspects in life.

I didn't come here to push an agenda on you or anybody else, I'm only here to express my opinion of strip clubs, which I don't think very highly of and I wish they'd disappear, and no matter what you tell me, you won't convince me to go and waste my money at these places, and if you enjoy going there, that's fine with me.

I also don't bully you or anyone with the bold Navy color text, that's what I've always used. It makes it easier to spot when somebody has to scroll through numerous messages. If I gave you the impression that I was trying to "bully" you, then please accept my apologies.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:49 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,136,842 times
Nah, never been to one, have no desire. Don't approve. Not a prude. Just can't 'see' the point of 'em.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:29 PM

21 posts, read 47,886 times
Strip clubs are for low lifes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships