U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-26-2007, 09:20 PM
 
Location: in my imagination
13,067 posts, read 20,477,668 times
Reputation: 9506

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmountains View Post
Strip clubs are for low lifes.
chorus)
'Cause I've got friends in low places
Where the whiskey drowns
And the beer chases my blues away
And I'll be okay
I'm not big on social graces
Think I'll slip on down to the oasis
Oh, I've got friends in low places.

....anybody wanna go have a drink with me?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-26-2007, 09:24 PM
 
Location: Brentwood, TN
8,000 posts, read 18,110,394 times
Reputation: 12350
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
chorus)
'Cause I've got friends in low places
Where the whiskey drowns
And the beer chases my blues away
And I'll be okay
I'm not big on social graces
Think I'll slip on down to the oasis
Oh, I've got friends in low places.

....anybody wanna go have a drink with me?
Hey, I didn't mean
To cause a big scene
Just give me an hour and then
Well, I'll be as high as that ivory tower
That you're livin' in ....... hey cuz
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2007, 09:26 PM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
5,080 posts, read 9,296,423 times
Reputation: 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Yes - this thread is about Strip Clubs. But, in order to discuss the "plight" of the young ladies that dance, you cannot ignore other professions as well - particularily when you mention the other, often "darkside" issues - alcohol, drugs etc.

I was amazed at a recent story of a well known surgeon who stopped a surgery to go take a swig of booze from his little flask - DURING A SURGERY.

The "darkside" you note applies to ALL PROFESSIONS - and not just those who make a living dancing and taking their clothes off.

I have to say, and I say this after reading a number of your posts on this topic, it sounds to me that you have formed your opinions without having any real knowledge of the topic - you have taken and stereotyped the person (the dancers) when it actually may be unfair to do so.
Well said, I wish I was as well spoken.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2007, 07:39 PM
 
4,271 posts, read 14,843,433 times
Reputation: 3416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
Hey, I didn't mean
To cause a big scene
Just give me an hour and then
Well, I'll be as high as that ivory tower
That you're livin' in ....... hey cuz
HOLY CRAP!!

Lionking and mjb68 - I've recently gotten into coutnry music and I mean BIG TIME. Friends in Low Places is like one of my favorite songs!!!!!!!!!!!!

I crank it up in the morning while I'm driving to school. I know it's not exactly a "pick me up" song but it's so cathartic!

Blame it all on my roots, I showed up in boots, and ruined your black tie affair. The last one to show, the last one to know, I wa the last one you thought you'd see there!

Thanks you two for perking up my day!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2007, 07:49 PM
 
Location: southern california
61,284 posts, read 84,071,970 times
Reputation: 55469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
3 of my agents are dancers at a local, and rather large, "Gentlemens" club. All three started dancing to finance their college tuition (and now grad school). They did not want any student loan debt and their parents were not financially able to be of much assistance.

All three got their real estate licenses a few years back (when the market was hyper-ventilating) and they started investing in property -

One young lady recently stopped dancing, has graduated with a masters in structural engineering and has accepted a position with a very fine engineering firm. She is also very financially well off.

The other two are doing quite well too -

To answer the original question - yes, I have gone, and go, to strip clubs. After all, it is "strictly business"
who you want to hire and their ethics and moral status is totally your business. but if you believe that all that happens in this biz, is that they go dance at a club and then go to church and get their engineering degree, i have a very good bridge in san francisco i would like to sell you.
from somebody that knows far more than they would like about this line of work.

stephen s
san diego ca
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2007, 07:57 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,098 posts, read 37,957,876 times
Reputation: 4934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
who you want to hire and their ethics and moral status is totally your business. but if you believe that all that happens in this biz, is that they go dance at a club and then go to church and get their engineering degree, i have a very good bridge in san francisco i would like to sell you.
from somebody that knows far more than they would like about this line of work.

stephen s
san diego ca
In my case - that is EXACTLY what these three did / are doing -

One of the three recenty was accepted into law school -

Their ethics and morals were / are just fine btw -
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2007, 08:13 PM
 
Location: Brentwood, TN
8,000 posts, read 18,110,394 times
Reputation: 12350
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
HOLY CRAP!!

Lionking and mjb68 - I've recently gotten into coutnry music and I mean BIG TIME. Friends in Low Places is like one of my favorite songs!!!!!!!!!!!!

I crank it up in the morning while I'm driving to school. I know it's not exactly a "pick me up" song but it's so cathartic!

Blame it all on my roots, I showed up in boots, and ruined your black tie affair. The last one to show, the last one to know, I wa the last one you thought you'd see there!

Thanks you two for perking up my day!
And I saw the surprise
And the fear in his eyes
When I took his glass of champagne
And I toasted you
Said Honey we may be through ~~ But you'll never hear me complain
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2007, 08:15 PM
 
4,271 posts, read 14,843,433 times
Reputation: 3416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
And I saw the surprise
And the fear in his eyes
When I took his glass of champagne
And I toasted you
Said Honey we may be through ~~ But you'll never hear me complain
If you're ever in Pheonix and see this crazy Asian girl driving down I-10 belting to "Friends in Low Places", I bet you can yell out "Hi Foma!" and I'd respond.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2007, 08:39 PM
 
Location: in my imagination
13,067 posts, read 20,477,668 times
Reputation: 9506
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
HOLY CRAP!!

Lionking and mjb68 - I've recently gotten into coutnry music and I mean BIG TIME. Friends in Low Places is like one of my favorite songs!!!!!!!!!!!!

I crank it up in the morning while I'm driving to school. I know it's not exactly a "pick me up" song but it's so cathartic!

Blame it all on my roots, I showed up in boots, and ruined your black tie affair. The last one to show, the last one to know, I wa the last one you thought you'd see there!

Thanks you two for perking up my day!
well I can't say you'll see me in a cowboy hat and boots too often,I'm still a rock n roller at the core but yeah,there's some country music I dig.The song "Stupid Boy" is awesome.Always like old school Johnny Cash.

Heck,I've even heard a couple country songs played at the nudie bars,when I use to go sometimes.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2007, 08:44 PM
 
Location: Brentwood, TN
8,000 posts, read 18,110,394 times
Reputation: 12350
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
well I can't say you'll see me in a cowboy hat and boots too often,I'm still a rock n roller at the core but yeah,there's some country music I dig.The song "Stupid Boy" is awesome.Always like old school Johnny Cash.

Heck,I've even heard a couple country songs played at the nudie bars,when I use to go sometimes.
Well then you gotta LOVE you long legged guitar pickin man

you big mouth woman!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:57 AM.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top