Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2008, 02:23 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,829,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post

Explain, then when Jesus says in the book of Matthew that "He who looks at a woman with lust has committed adultery in his own heart."
Who do you think he's speaking to?...
If I remember correctly, he was speaking directly to Jimmy Carter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 08:10 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,432,957 times
Quote:
Explain, then when Jesus says in the book of Matthew that "He who looks at a woman with lust has committed adultery in his own heart."
Who do you think he's speaking to? I know this isn't popular for someone to spout off scripture here, but I must for the sake of men and women who think that this type of behavior doesn't matter..
Well...I guess SOME people would follow the book of Matthew.....and some go with the changes of time.
I just think, a lot of things can't be "lived out" and "followed" anymore, and I am short of calling it "outdated" in some ways.
I don't agree with a lot of things, but, know how to be forgiving, understanding, relaxed and not "cast the first stone" in things.

Besides.....going to a strip club in our time, is hardly any better, or worse, then knowing how the "parties", adulteries and sexual get- togethers were during Jesus Christ's time. (Think Roman Empire!)

As I said....."go ahead, and knock yourself out" and "whatever floats your boat"....I don't see it as an adultery, and I don't judge people because of it!
And, of course, is that just my personal opinion...and nothing else.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:16 PM

206 posts, read 529,010 times
Default Knowing right from wrong!

I was very close with some people who stripped. My best friend use to love to dance, so she decided it could also help her financially as opposed to getting a regular job. She started out on the straight and narrow, but eventually was a good girl gone bad. Now she's hooked on drugs, now for about the last ten years. The rest also had some very bad things happen to them. They have been raped, degraded, assulted, introduced to lesbianism and all sorts of other unmentionables. UNT_Eagle you really beat me to the point, but if they don't believe in good morals, they will have to answer to a higher power as everyone does. I know first hand the devastation it causes. If my husband has to go to watch a naked woman to enjoy himself and give it to me " I'd say NO THANKS"! NO one can tell me about the amount it pays because that's what my friend thought. Some nights she left the club with $15.00 and had to tip the bartender, and she would cry.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:20 AM

3,982 posts, read 10,460,647 times
Quote:
Who do you think he's speaking to? I know this isn't popular for someone to spout off scripture here, but I must for the sake of men and women who think that this type of behavior doesn't matter..
your assuming everyone believes in your god...

Old 01-19-2008, 11:09 AM

394 posts, read 2,003,042 times
I think it's sleazy.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:59 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Strip clubs are sleazy and demeaning to women. They are objectified by the men watching them. I'm not a prude, but it does encourage non-marital/non-relationship sexual activities. Therefore, I certainly would not want a strip joint in my neighborhood or any nice residential neighborhood. It would only set a bad moral example for the children and people in its vicinity.

Old 01-19-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Strip clubs are sleazy and demeaning to women. They are objectified by the men watching them. I'm not a prude, but it does encourage non-marital/non-relationship sexual activities. Therefore, I certainly would not want a strip joint in my neighborhood or any nice residential neighborhood. It would only set a bad moral example for the children and people in its vicinity.
actually, you do sound like kinda a prude.

if you dont like them, you have every right not to go to them.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,542 times
Talking dancers

i think that exotic clubs are just that clubs.... you dont have to go in one if you dont want to but remember there are people that dont have anyone else and thats where they go. i am a dancer and one of my regulars lost his family in an accident.... he doesnt want to get to close to anyone so he comes to us because he knows we cant get but so close. thats a comfort to alot of people. if you dont like exotic clubs thats cool, dont come in! if not stop bashing people on the heads, thats there business and we are not hurting anyone. being a dancer is not easy but its a well paid job. i have put myself through college, bought a car and on my way to a house. in va its hard to get ahead unless your doing something illegal and dancers are not doing anything illegal but showing some skin. everyone shows skin to someone at some point! so what if we are topless!!!
sincerly,
a dancer

Old 02-23-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat3869 View Post
i think that exotic clubs are just that clubs.... you dont have to go in one if you dont want to but remember there are people that dont have anyone else and thats where they go. i am a dancer and one of my regulars lost his family in an accident.... he doesnt want to get to close to anyone so he comes to us because he knows we cant get but so close. thats a comfort to alot of people. if you dont like exotic clubs thats cool, dont come in! if not stop bashing people on the heads, thats there business and we are not hurting anyone. being a dancer is not easy but its a well paid job. i have put myself through college, bought a car and on my way to a house. in va its hard to get ahead unless your doing something illegal and dancers are not doing anything illegal but showing some skin. everyone shows skin to someone at some point! so what if we are topless!!!
sincerly,
a dancer
come on down to Tampa, make the big $$$

Old 02-23-2008, 04:09 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
I haven't read through this whole thread and I don't really intend to, so forgive me if others have made this point. I'll be succinct: strip clubs are sad sordid places staffed by sad women and patronized by sad men. Just the whole idea of a strip club depresses me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships