Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2012, 11:42 AM

788 posts, read 1,271,274 times

Advertisements

I've known trashy strippers and good young women, who were working their way through college or grad school as strippers. While my experience tells me than many are trashy, there are a number of very bright, very educated, and surprisingly decent young women who work as strippers. One of the brightest and most well-read people I met while living in NYC was a young woman, who worked as a stripper to pay for her grad school at NYU. She was absolutely gorgeous and didn't want to be in debt forever, especially considering her family came to this country (legally) for a better life. I have nothing against strippers, at least not the horribly trashy ones.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 12:04 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,357,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
Strippers are low-lives. Their whole job consists of lying and manipulating men into giving them as much cash as possible. All they care about is the buck and using lonely men for their money.

Your friend is the type of idiot that makes all men look bad - he betrays his wife so he can hang with a train wreck, only because she is "hot". Great reasoning.
Marry a stripper? I wouldn't even date one ONCE. Since they are usually from the "Nip/Tuck" ilk, they wouldn't waste a minute with me either. What kind of interesting conversation could one have with a stripper? "Train wreck" is the word. Thanks, ram.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:27 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcouncil View Post
I am close friends with a guy I knew since high school and he recently left his wife to marry a stripper.. I tried to ask him what was his reasoning behind his actions but he somehow finds a way to deter answering the question..

Guess I'm confused as to how a guy can leave his wife (whom I became very good friends with in college) and start a family with a chick that gets money from being naked??

Am I missing something here??
You're not missing anything, no offense to you but your friend is a moron

Old 06-11-2012, 12:32 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Marry a stripper? I wouldn't even date one ONCE. Since they are usually from the "Nip/Tuck" ilk, they wouldn't waste a minute with me either. What kind of interesting conversation could one have with a stripper? "Train wreck" is the word. Thanks, ram.

Aw come on, I mean whether or not you want to date one is one thing, but to completely dismiss them as a person based on that is a bit much don't you think? I bet a lot of them could be very decent people who would be a great time to sit down and talk to.

Hell they'd probably be better to talk to than a lot of bankers, lawyers or other women who think they're god's gift to man because they went through college.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:36 PM

140 posts, read 395,447 times
Yes.. I think he is a moron also and tell him to his face every chance I get. I've heard of the stripper that is working her way through college, etc. but his chick is not. She is rude, obnoxious, and loud with a "phat booty". Think that is the only thing going for her..

But I think what confuses me most is the fact that he would catch a hissy fit if his ex wore a dress that was a tad too tight (even if she was out with me) but doesn't mind the chick he's with now.. She also does dance videos and nude photos to promote the nights she strips..

I've stopped asking him what is his deal but it just bothers me that he is doing this to his life..

Old 06-11-2012, 12:37 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,357,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Aw come on, I mean whether or not you want to date one is one thing, but to completely dismiss them as a person based on that is a bit much don't you think? I bet a lot of them could be very decent people who would be a great time to sit down and talk to.

Hell they'd probably be better to talk to than a lot of bankers, lawyers or other women who think they're god's gift to man because they went through college.
I'll give you that. That group would be too stuffy. However, of the strippers I know anecdotally, their lives are kind of checkered (past abuse, current drug/alcohol issues, weird family structures) and I like keeping things uncomplicated.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:43 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
During my single days, I lived across the hall from a stripper -- dancer, if you will. She was a finance major at the nearby university and, holy cow, she was gorgeous. Not in the conventional bleach-blonde, D-cup way, but more of a hot, svelte Bad Librarian kind of way. Trust me. By the way she dressed and carried herself in normal life, you would have never suspected. She looked like every other college student, albeit really pretty.

The only reason I found out is because we got to know each other pretty well, and she was really up-front about her dancing. Also, because I worked at home, she was always popping in to borrow catsup or some such. And, over time, she started asking me to walk her to the bank with her tips. She had a safety deposit box and, every other day, we'd stroll the block or two for her to put it in the box. She NEVER put it into her checking account. She was raking it in. She told me that she would earn upwards of a grand a night in tips, and she would fly to places like Dallas or Houston to be a guest performer with her Nice Girl Stripper act (She wore demure clothes, even wearing an old fashioned straw hat. Evidently, men just ate it up). She was also pretty emphatic that she never did sexual favors. I have no idea whether she actually did or not, but it had the ring of truth.

Her parents lived a few hundred miles away, so they never had any idea what she did. They just thought she was getting her degree while waiting tables. She planned on moving to the Caribbean after finishing college with her earnings. I moved out and immediately lost touch. I never saw her dance and I never dated her. In retrospect, I think she wanted to, but I was weird about what she did at night.

However, the point about this is they don't all fit the stereotypes. You might have a good friend or acquaintance or colleague who did that stuff in her salad days and not even realize it. Because you wouldn't have ever realized it with this girl. I bet, right now, she's married to some guy who is blissfully in love with her, not having the vaguest idea what she did in her early 20s.

Last edited by cpg35223; 06-11-2012 at 12:52 PM..

Old 06-11-2012, 12:45 PM

391 posts, read 687,843 times
Quote:
I mean, do women pay to watch men take their clothes off? LMAO!
Uhm, yes they do.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:48 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Good question.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:50 PM

652 posts, read 1,052,386 times
Quote:
Strippers are low-lives. Their whole job consists of lying and manipulating men into giving them as much cash as possible. All they care about is the buck and using lonely men for their money.

Your friend is the type of idiot that makes all men look bad - he betrays his wife so he can hang with a train wreck, only because she is "hot". Great reasoning.
How are strippers any more lying and mainpulative than any other sort of person that employs certain tactics to sell more or earn more tips.

The lonely men are choosing to visit the strip joint, no one makes them go there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships