Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 09:09 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,162,314 times

Advertisements

i know of several women who will not end things with a dude until they have another dude lined up. i don't think that is uncommon. do you want to be with a girl like that? thats up to you.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:22 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Actually this is quite typical of that age.

Problem here is dude is about to hit 30...lol
30!?! man, I don't think that rocks even live that long.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:27 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,553,960 times
Next step? In the opposite direction. I'm sorry.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:41 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Actually this is quite typical of that age.

Problem here is dude is about to hit 30...lol
Typical for people who do that stuff.
We (my crowd) got over that crap in college.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:16 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Ok, now I know these posts are meant to be a joke.
About time someone figured it out.

I just couldn't believe people would keep it going this long.....some people have a real hard time dealing with people just flirting or even being friends just because one of them has a SO. Wow!

I've actually been talking to/dating other women from OKCupid. It's funny because now that I'm busy with my own personal life and my career I can't seem to find the time to date these women as much as I'd like to. Yet when I was unemployed and had all the time in the world I found dates too few and far between. I have one free night in the next two weeks....totally unfair. Never had this many women interested in seeing me at one time. I stopped emailing other women for the time being because I just can't juggle this many at once. Might just be luck, might just be that I'm older now, I don't know what it is....

Oh, and not to say I don't actually like this girl at work, but I'm not going to invest time and energy into it. I'll stay friends and if our paths ever cross in the future then that's a whole different story. She really did give me her number though and we really do text/email pretty often. She hit me up friday night to meet up with some of her friends but I had something else going on. No big deal...but obviously some people are very sensitive about this subject and think women are possessions of other people. And as if just being boyfriend/girlfriend is a sacred bond between two people that shouldn't be broken and denies them from any social interaction with members of the opposite sex....that's what's truly immature and stupid.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:24 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,770,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
So I work with a girl that has a boyfriend of 1 year. I'm 29 and she is 24. We seem to have a really good connection, we talk almost every day at least a little bit. We've emailed back and forth for hours at work sometimes, and she has given me her phone number and we have texted quite a bit as well.

We joke around and flirt a little bit here and there at work. She somewhat told me she was "happy" with her boyfriend but I feel like we keep getting closer and closer. I think I'm going to see what she's up to this weekend and try to see if she's going to be out at bars with friends and try to meet up with her (and my friends). I've never really been a guy to try and breakup a relationship as I've always tried to be honorable and walk away...but that has never paid off for me and I've had guys try to move in on my past girlfriends all the time. What do any of you think would be a good next move. I'm not going to spill my gutts to her or tell her how I feel, that's just stupid and that plan never works. I am taking the subtle approach and just trying to get to know her and be friends at this point.

I'm also actively dating other people, there's about 4 women I'm talking to from okcupid and I'm meeting one of them for drinks tonight. The girl I work with knows this and she's been joking around about how I'm "such a ladies man" and our running joke is about her being my "dating coordinator/organizer". I figure if she is at all feeling the same way in a strong enough fashion it'll be on her to try and bring up a conversation about it if she knows I'm dating other women.

This approach worked very well for a friend of mine recently who was in an almost exact similar situation. He just became friends with the girl and a few months later the girl dumbed her boyfriend and ended up with him and they're a perfect match.
Your next step needs to be one of integrity, so, you play the wait n see game . You dont infringe on what she currently has with her current b/f and you respect that she is committed to someone other than yourself. , the same that you wouldnt pursue a woman with a ring on her left hand indicating shes married. You place your testosterone level on hold and you think logically, reasonably, selflessly, and morally because thats what youd expect if you were her current b/f . Pretty simple really. You may however...continue to be a friend to her excerising politeness and charm with restraint so when her current relationship terminates, she will allow you to enter her life on a more personal level because she thinks youre a real standup kind of guy. Does this sound like something you can manage ?

Old 06-19-2012, 01:05 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Your next step needs to be one of integrity, so, you play the wait n see game . You dont infringe on what she currently has with her current b/f and you respect that she is committed to someone other than yourself. , the same that you wouldnt pursue a woman with a ring on her left hand indicating shes married. You place your testosterone level on hold and you think logically, reasonably, selflessly, and morally because thats what youd expect if you were her current b/f . Pretty simple really. You may however...continue to be a friend to her excerising politeness and charm with restraint so when her current relationship terminates, she will allow you to enter her life on a more personal level because she thinks youre a real standup kind of guy. Does this sound like something you can manage ?
You're way behind on this bro. Read my last bigger post.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:03 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,816,879 times
There was a name for guys like you back in the day. We called your type "little weasels". The original meaning of the word seduce meant to "draw away- to separate" - it was not so much about stealing the mate of another and making that person your mate. It was about ruining a pair..it was about being destructive- so once you get the girl are you planning to marry her? See what I mean- You seem to get a kick out of causing problems for people- also- any woman that will betray her current man for another will also betray you in time- Have some class and leave them alone...It seem you think having a relationship is like going to different places for a different lunch- I don't like you. Most people won't either- Once they get to know you.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:25 AM

Got a message from a member telling me to go back and read the last couple of pages...cos' I don't know what's going on...and I sound "stupid"....Well I think I will remain stupid because to be honest with you the subject matter does not really interest me- also - if I was willfully ignorant or to lazy to keep up on the posts...The message sender could have put it this way..."You are not getting the idea so I suggest you do more reading so you know what's going on" - That I could live with- putting in the "you sound stupid" kind of turns me off. Maybe they did not like my comment that consisted of "little weasel"?

I don't have to do a lot of reading to understand that any guy or girl that goes after someone that is already in a relationship...may be much more stupid than I- You just don't do that- no matter what- single people should approach other single people----so what's next? You "like" a married woman so you go after her? The thing I was putting across was the idea that by doing this kind of stuff you HURT the other male involved...but I guess I am just stupid for thinking that is wrong.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:33 AM

There is this woman that I know - she is extremely hot- highly intelligent - a published poet- I really "Like" who she is and adore her mind...She is married to a very nice younger man- they have a beautiful little daughter- They are a happy and joyful little family- So if I will all my skill seduced this woman- I would damage- her- the child and the young husband- Who but totally selfish jerk would do such a thing? When you interfere with others there is a chain reaction- it is not just the person that you "like" who's life is disturbed- others are effected in a negative manner...as I said- You have to take everything into consideration...I guess some are ruled strictly by what is in their pants. Which makes their lustful advances into private territory very STUPID/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships