Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 08:21 PM

271 posts, read 785,474 times

Advertisements

I think its 99.2-99.4% effective. I think people who do get pregnant from it, it happens because it falls out or gets expelled. You are supposed to check for the strings after your period every month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 08:25 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
Well without going "there", I can tell you there are no guarantees no matter what the height.
That's what you think.

Though, I'm not convinced that's what she's talking about.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:27 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,901,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
That's what you think.

Though, I'm not convinced that's what she's talking about.

Well maybe YOU can guarantee Jay..but she can't.. Or can she? You know, now I'm not so sure what she meant either but it doesn't have anything to do with being snipped anyway.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:29 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
Well maybe YOU can guarantee Jay..but she can't.. Or can she? You know, now I'm not so sure what she meant either but it doesn't have anything to do with being snipped anyway.
Lol, no clue. Or do I have a clue?

Old 01-23-2010, 08:32 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,901,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Lol, no clue. Or do I have a clue?
Okay..I give up. Lol!

Old 01-23-2010, 08:43 PM

1,382 posts, read 3,801,312 times
A few things to keep in mind: your wife is risking death every time she has a chid. Not a happy thought, but the older you get, the more likely things are to go wrong.

Second, the female sterilization is much more dangerous for a woman and also has a higher failure rate than the vasectomy! (which is the reason I don't want to get it - who wants something with a higher risk of unplanned pregnancy?) It also costs around $2,000 when I checked.

Third, birth control pills and other hormonal methods are very dangerous for women. Read the small print on the handouts. (or listen at the end of the commercials) Heart attack, stroke, and blood clot = death

As far as withdrawl method and the sponge, these are both risky with a high rate of failure. (there can be sperm present in the man's fluid well before the big event)

OP makes light of this situation, but in reality he now has some major issues to deal with. How will he afford a new car and car seats for all of these kids? How about health insurance for them? What about hospital bills? (with both of my boys, we had to spend a lot out of pocket for normal births even with the "good" school teacher insurance that we have) What about diapers? These things cost a small fortune.

All I can say is his wife must be a really good sport.

We have 2 kids now and I'm beating my husband over the head to get him to have the vasectomy. We talked about it before we even had kids and he agreed to. Now he's not so sure (worries that it will affect his hormones) So he is on a bread and water diet as far as sex. I am so sick of worrying about getting pregnant again (we are ages 37 and 40) every time. The worry totally kills the mood to say the least. The other day, I got food poisoning and felt very, very sick. I was so worried that the condoms might have failed. That was the last straw. He has now agreed to go to at least the consultation appointment with the urologist next week. We don't have the money for another child right now and are in fact having financial problems. (all the more reason to get fixed so we don't have to worry) The pill will cost about $35 (generic) to $70+ (for the kind I used before) PER MONTH for us and I'm not willing to risk blood clot and death as I get older, plus the pill totally killed my sex drive during the time I was on it. Female sterilization is $2,000 and who would take care of the kids while I am recovering for weeks or however long it takes? (our families live out of state)

I hope both the OP and my husband man up this time and get 'er done!!!!

Old 01-23-2010, 08:51 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovedfromFL View Post
A few things to keep in mind: your wife is risking death every time she has a chid. Not a happy thought, but the older you get, the more likely things are to go wrong.

Second, the female sterilization is much more dangerous for a woman and also has a higher failure rate than the vasectomy! (which is the reason I don't want to get it - who wants something with a higher risk of unplanned pregnancy?) It also costs around $2,000 when I checked.

Third, birth control pills and other hormonal methods are very dangerous for women. Read the small print on the handouts. (or listen at the end of the commercials) Heart attack, stroke, and blood clot = death

As far as withdrawl method and the sponge, these are both risky with a high rate of failure. (there can be sperm present in the man's fluid well before the big event)

OP makes light of this situation, but in reality he now has some major issues to deal with. How will he afford a new car and car seats for all of these kids? How about health insurance for them? What about hospital bills? (with both of my boys, we had to spend a lot out of pocket for normal births even with the "good" school teacher insurance that we have) What about diapers? These things cost a small fortune.

All I can say is his wife must be a really good sport.

We have 2 kids now and I'm beating my husband over the head to get him to have the vasectomy. We talked about it before we even had kids and he agreed to. Now he's not so sure (worries that it will affect his hormones) So he is on a bread and water diet as far as sex. I am so sick of worrying about getting pregnant again (we are ages 37 and 40) every time. The worry totally kills the mood to say the least. The other day, I got food poisoning and felt very, very sick. I was so worried that the condoms might have failed. That was the last straw. He has now agreed to go to at least the consultation appointment with the urologist next week. We don't have the money for another child right now and are in fact having financial problems. (all the more reason to get fixed so we don't have to worry) The pill will cost about $35 (generic) to $70+ (for the kind I used before) PER MONTH for us and I'm not willing to risk blood clot and death as I get older, plus the pill totally killed my sex drive during the time I was on it. Female sterilization is $2,000 and who would take care of the kids while I am recovering for weeks or however long it takes? (our families live out of state)

I hope both the OP and my husband man up this time and get 'er done!!!!
Tell him a real man takes one for the team - and it's his turn

Old 01-23-2010, 09:59 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berries View Post
I am scared of having knives down in my "region", and birth control is becomong necessary as the mini-van is now completly full of youngins!!!!. My wife does not want to take the pill due to health concerns, and being the bullhead that I am I dont want to use a condominium!! iud is not likely either. My wife does the temperture chart but with little success as we have had 5 sons in 10 years with her "ryhthm method" I told her she should reread the book!! any old wives cures for birth control that do not involve abstinence as my wife, after 5 kids, is even hotter than when we met. Any help would be appreciated
I've heard that if you do it to follow the doctors instructions and wear the jock strap! If you don't, think softball?LMAO............ That info comes from a very reputable source. My sister and I were the last!

Old 01-23-2010, 10:15 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,662,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berries View Post
I am scared of having knives down in my "region", and birth control is becomong necessary as the mini-van is now completly full of youngins!!!!. My wife does not want to take the pill due to health concerns, and being the bullhead that I am I dont want to use a condominium!!
It's also been my experience that sizable real estate developments are not the best method of contraception.

Quote:
iud is not likely either. My wife does the temperture chart but with little success as we have had 5 sons in 10 years with her "ryhthm method" I told her she should reread the book!! any old wives cures for birth control that do not involve abstinence as my wife, after 5 kids, is even hotter than when we met. Any help would be appreciated
Get the damn vasectomy. It's hardly the most painful thing in life, and it's quick and efficient.

Or just use a damn condom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships