Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What's your opinion on it?
It's fine, part of having a sex drive 38 65.52%
A little bothered, but won't make a thing out if it 12 20.69%
Rather annoyed 2 3.45%
Pretty pissed off 6 10.34%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 04:53 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times

Advertisements

Don't think you really have that much control over it... do you????

I mean, I can't control my SO's thoughts....... especially women... they are good at that shyt They seem to have a much much better poker face then men do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 04:57 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
So you've actually owned a c*ck before and know that it is that easy to control it? Interesting! The same ladies that would get pi**ed off because he had a reaction to seeing a 10 walk down the beach are probably the same ladies that would wonder if he was gay if he didnt get a reaction!!
Sorry, but a man that is with me, out somewhere, that sees a chick that he finds attractive and he gets a hardon in public? Seriously??? NOPE. I've never ever been with a man that had such issues. And all my men have had very healthy sex drives. Not even going to entertain this one.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:00 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Unless the guy is between the ages of 16-19, he has control of it or has learned to control it.
Exactly.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:02 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Don't think you really have that much control over it... do you????

I mean, I can't control my SO's thoughts....... especially women... they are good at that shyt They seem to have a much much better poker face then men do.
That is the thing. Women are playing poker with only their face. Men are playing contact sports where our whole body is in play.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:39 PM

349 posts, read 459,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
There's no right or wrong answer, this is a personal question.

Ladies, I'm sure you're realise by now that sometimes it's hard for a man to control his reaction to certain stimuli: it's not like he can just turn it on or off. Not to say that he has no control over what he views.etc, but face it, there are situations where he just can't help it.

In those cases, how do you respond to this? Say you're at the beach and this fit stunner in a G-string walks by...he's not ogling her, *****, but let's say he's a little 'sensitive.' Do you chastise him? Let it pass? Give him a lecture?

I know female arousal isn't as obvious. But fellas, let's say your woman says she gets turned on by the pool boy or something...would that be crossing the line? What if she has a massage by a masseur and gets a little hot and bothered, not necessarily thinking of you. Would this disturb you at all?

Let's say they don't go out of their way to do this, but it's incidental but they don't necessarily retreat from the situation so to speak.
If I am out with a guy and a woman walks by and he gets an instant boner, Houston we have a problem. I don't know too many women who would overlook this. Its one thing if a guy stares, or is ogling at another woman (which is disrespectful), but to get a hardon is on a whole different level.

I understand that men do not always have control over this, however in this particular situation which is very specific, its not ok.

To get instantly turned on to the point of getting an erection by seeing a woman for a minute or two, who is a stranger that is not naked, and not doing anything sexual and the guy is not being manually stimulated whatsoever, is a problem.

Last edited by Kaffegal05; 06-15-2012 at 05:59 PM..

Old 06-15-2012, 06:32 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,151,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaffegal05 View Post
If I am out with a guy and a woman walks by and he gets an instant boner, Houston we have a problem. I don't know too many women who would overlook this. Its one thing if a guy stares, or is ogling at another woman (which is disrespectful), but to get a hardon is on a whole different level.

I understand that men do not always have control over this, however in this particular situation which is very specific, its not ok.

To get instantly turned on to the point of getting an erection by seeing a woman for a minute or two, who is a stranger that is not naked, and not doing anything sexual and the guy is not being manually stimulated whatsoever, is a problem.

Yeah, to simplify my answer. If a guy can't control himself in front of "anyone" there is a problem. But when it comes to thoughts, you never really know what someone else is thinking, even if you think you do. I would think women are just like men in that they have fantasies. And most fantasies and such don't always revolve around their significant other. They just don't. Some can disagree. It doesn't mean all of them are like that, but I would think "most" are. It's human nature.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:51 PM

349 posts, read 459,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Yeah, to simplify my answer. If a guy can't control himself in front of "anyone" there is a problem. But when it comes to thoughts, you never really know what someone else is thinking, even if you think you do. I would think women are just like men in that they have fantasies. And most fantasies and such don't always revolve around their significant other. They just don't. Some can disagree. It doesn't mean all of them are like that, but I would think "most" are. It's human nature.
I know men will look when their SO/spouse isn't around. As far as fantasies are concerned yes, I agree both men and women do it and chances are it isn't about who they are involved with. It would be unrealistic to think that this doesn't go on. I was speaking of becoming physically aroused just by briefly seeing a woman out in public.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:58 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,151,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaffegal05 View Post
I know men will look when their SO/spouse isn't around. As far as fantasies are concerned yes, I agree both men and women do it and chances are it isn't about who they are involved with. It would be unrealistic to think that this doesn't go on. I was speaking of becoming physically aroused just by briefly seeing a woman out in public.

Yeah, that would be kind of creepy. Make that very creepy to have such lack of control. Scary freaky. Or he could have some "physical" problems I am unaware of if there are such. Like too much Viagara. I just don't know what would cause a guy to have such lack of self-control. Of course, I like to think of myself as rational too.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:03 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,830,417 times
I'm not an overprotective guy so as long as she isn't cheating on me, I usually don't bother her about such things. I mean really, all guys who have girlfriends and wives are guilty of finding another woman attractive and sometimes becoming aroused by them.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:12 PM

19,427 posts, read 15,240,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernRXMan View Post
Nothing wrong with admiring the Lords work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Amen Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Such devout folk around here...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships