Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 10:15 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,163,903 times

Advertisements

i don't think it matters much either way to men. women however, tend to have a preference for tallness

Old 06-15-2012, 10:23 AM

331 posts, read 735,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Then ... you limit yourself to women your height or taller?

Interesting, but hey, more power to you.
No, I said 5 - 5'10, I'm 5'10"

Old 06-15-2012, 10:29 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
There is no one thing that all guys do, no matter what it is. You're a guy and you don't like short girls, so I think you answered your own question.

My husband prefers tall women like me. He is tall as well. I think he would like it if I were an inch or so taller, because when he hold hands it pulls his shoulders down a little bit.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:30 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
In answer to the question though, I love short girls.

My perfect woman is between 4'11" and 5'2". I'm 5'5".

No woman in that height range has ever been attracted to me though and it's not hard to see why.

My sister is 5 foot and I have never met a boyfriend of hers that is under 6'1" although apparently she has dated midgets that were closer to 5'9" or 5'10".
A lot of my guy friends are under 5'7, and the shortest is 5'2 and he has no trouble getting dates. My friend is 4'11 and her fiance is 5'5. My sister is about the same height as me and her husband is 5'3. My brother is 5'3 and he has plenty of ex's. My sister is 5'1 and her husband is about 5'5-5'6. My brother is 5'5 and my sister in law is 5'6 (she's not technically short but my brother is 1 inch shorter). I can go on and share how short guys can get short women. There are plenty of women that can overlook heights, but as for me, I find myself attracted to tall guys (5'7 and up). It used to be 5'11 but my height preference is definitely changing. Over 6ft is just too tall for me.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:39 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Petite woman are very attractive- well and evenly built- SHORT woman with legs like those on an over fed turkey are not attractive. The sexiest woman I knew was this Russian French girl that I lived with for 7 years- She was full of life- 5'2"...brown naturally curly hair- very pretty...she weighed about 115 lbs.....She was wonderful to hold...absolutely wonderful in bed....It's either like I describe or a tall woman that is as slender as a fine willow in the wind... as for the in between stubby ones...I like a woman...they are just ...................well ---- like bad fitting shoes....I guess I sound like a chump....Here is another tip for you young fellows looking for a quality lady...check out the hands- If the hand are beautiful - the rest is bonus...trust me...You don't want a woman who has your dads hands if he was a professional potato picker...YEP I sound like some elitist....so what! You have to get what you really desire....Mod cut: Rude.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-15-2012 at 08:40 PM..

Old 06-15-2012, 10:40 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianRice View Post
A lot of my guy friends are under 5'7, and the shortest is 5'2 and he has no trouble getting dates. My friend is 4'11 and her fiance is 5'5. My sister is about the same height as me and her husband is 5'3. My brother is 5'3 and he has plenty of ex's. My sister is 5'1 and her husband is about 5'5-5'6. My brother is 5'5 and my sister in law is 5'6 (she's not technically short but my brother is 1 inch shorter). I can go on and share how short guys can get short women. There are plenty of women that can overlook heights, but as for me, I find myself attracted to tall guys (5'7 and up). It used to be 5'11 but my height preference is definitely changing. Over 6ft is just too tall for me.
We could have used your input on the Can Short Guys Get Dates? thread.

I've noticed that although guys like all different heights (let's face it: the minimum requirement for guys is that the body is a female one with a pretty face), I've noticed tall slim women get a lot of attention. "Statuesque" is very attractive. So, tall women, there's no reason to feel discouraged. We taller women sometimes think that guys like petite women, because petite is more feminine. But fortunately, human diversity is such that there are all kinds of tastes and preferences out there. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The trick is to find the right beholder for you.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:41 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,095,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBodyUK View Post
No, I said 5 - 5'10, I'm 5'10"
You made a typo on your OP. You said you were 5'1".

I was pretty sure there was no way that a guy that short could be that picky about women and I guess you proved my theory right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianRice View Post
I have had girlfriends and they are more in the 5'3" to 5'5" range, more average. I have long preached that hitting on short women will not help you if you are a short man. They are just as likely to want a tall man, and often prefer a tall man for whatever reason.

So, your best chances lie with women who are average height.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:48 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,095,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
We could have used your input on the Can Short Guys Get Dates? thread.

I've noticed that although guys like all different heights (let's face it: the minimum requirement for guys is that the body is a female one with a pretty face), I've noticed tall slim women get a lot of attention. "Statuesque" is very attractive. So, tall women, there's no reason to feel discouraged. We taller women sometimes think that guys like petite women, because petite is more feminine. But fortunately, human diversity is such that there are all kinds of tastes and preferences out there. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The trick is to find the right beholder for you.
There are a number of guys who prefer big women. BBW. Look it up. Also when I go to certain clubs (mostly black) heavier women flaunt their extra assets and aren't shy about it.

Mostly every weird thing you can think of is a fetish for some person, even a lot of the undesirable ones. Being overweight, an Asian male, a black woman, a tall woman.

But I have never in my life heard a woman say she PREFERS short guys.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:01 AM

331 posts, read 735,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
Mod cut: Orphaned.
I'm 5'10", I made a typo. I know the Philippines is in SE Asia...I should have put that in..

Anyway I'm South Asian myself - Indian, but born and raised in UK. I'm the shortest of my brothers, my tallest brother is 6'3". I have a female cousin who's 6" tall, and her husband is 6'5".

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-15-2012 at 08:44 PM..

Old 06-15-2012, 11:02 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
It's not a dealbreaker. I'm 5'10. I find that women that are 5'4 to 5'7 are more interesting to me. Most women are within that height range, anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships