Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 05:30 PM

102,126 posts, read 107,381,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
1) plenty of women are hot post-pregnancy. Some women are hotter after having had a kid than they were before.

2) any woman whom had my child would always be attractive to me.
Aww, isn't he sweet?

Re: the hotter post-pregnancy thing--where were you on the women-are-over-the-hill-after-25 thread? We needed you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2012, 06:05 PM

11,048 posts, read 16,812,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Aww, isn't he sweet?
Well, thanks

My ex miscarried six months in, for better or worse, and so her body went through most of the hormonal waves for the next few months. All I can say about the matter is ZOMG BEWBS

One of my old friends back in Boston had a kid in her mid 20's, and not only did she get a bit thicker in the right places, but, she also held herself a hell of a lot better, had way more confidence, and took herself more seriously... she's SUPER attractive now (and 3,000 miles away :/ )

Quote:
Re: the hotter post-pregnancy thing--where were you on the women-are-over-the-hill-after-25 thread? We needed you.
Over the hill after 25 That's just freakin' dumb. Let me guess: the wannabe tough-guy meathead crowd was out in full effect? Going on about how they'll only accept a hardbodied 20-year old when they'd be lucky to snare a 320-lb 40 year old mother of four...

Old 06-16-2012, 06:14 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,713,374 times
Quote:
Well, thanks

My ex miscarried six months in, for better or worse, and so her body went through most of the hormonal waves for the next few months. All I can say about the matter is ZOMG BEWBS

One of my old friends back in Boston had a kid in her mid 20's, and not only did she get a bit thicker in the right places, but, she also held herself a hell of a lot better, had way more confidence, and took herself more seriously... she's SUPER attractive now (and 3,000 miles away :/ )

Over the hill after 25 That's just freakin' dumb. Let me guess: the wannabe tough-guy meathead crowd was out in full effect? Going on about how they'll only accept a hardbodied 20-year old when they'd be lucky to snare a 320-lb 40 year old mother of four...
cue the male posters who come in and tell you you're some kind of 'male traitor' or 'feminist man' LOL.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:22 PM

11,048 posts, read 16,812,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
cue the male posters who come in and tell you you're some kind of 'male traitor' or 'feminist man' LOL.
I don't really get that much, actually. My opinions on stuff like this are based in personal experience and also being secure in my masculinity - I don't need to prove how awesome I am by denigrating others. I've found that the more confidence you have and the more truth to the things you say, the less apt people are to try to attack you.

Any guy who gives a dismissive or deprecating comment about women being "ugly" after they have kids, or how women over 25 are over the hill, I guarantee you has done a double take at and likely been turned down by a single mom who's over 25, is smoking hot, and exudes confidence and charisma, whether they realize it or not (it's happened to all of us).

Old 06-16-2012, 08:50 PM

102,126 posts, read 107,381,087 times
Quote:
I don't really get that much, actually. My opinions on stuff like this are based in personal experience and also being secure in my masculinity - I don't need to prove how awesome I am by denigrating others. I've found that the more confidence you have and the more truth to the things you say, the less apt people are to try to attack you.

Any guy who gives a dismissive or deprecating comment about women being "ugly" after they have kids, or how women over 25 are over the hill, I guarantee you has done a double take at and likely been turned down by a single mom who's over 25, is smoking hot, and exudes confidence and charisma, whether they realize it or not (it's happened to all of us).
415, where have you BEEN the last few months?!!! I think I'm in love! (Where's the "heart" emoticon when you need it?)

Old 06-17-2012, 12:14 AM

90 posts, read 213,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
I like this site because of the general lack of reading comprehension.

If you make money "looking good", you deserve the criticism you receive when you do not look good. It's not necessarily fair, but then again entertainers get paid a lot of money to maintain a certain image and the criticism is just part of the job. Jessica Simpson isn't required to lose weight after she has a kid, but if she is going to get on stage and sing she can't complain if people say she's fat. You're not allowed to avoid the consequences from actions just because they suck.

You aren't understanding. She's still making money, probably even more now despite the fact that she's bigger. She has a huge following especially women who know what's up. The people complaining are typically the irrelevant ones.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:52 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,168,365 times
Directed towards the Poster,
Technically speaking every OB/GYN will tell every NEW mother post-pregnancy that Just like it took 10 months to have the baby that is how long the body needs to get back to pre-pregnancy status.

It is different for all mothers, some genetically will not gain much weight during the preg. depending on how their mother was. Some woman use preg. to eat all they want and worry about post-preg. lbs. later.
Other mothers that experience complications during preg. (preclampsia) or premature labor pains are put on bed rest and this has a tremendous amount to dow ith how much weight is gained since the mother is basically sedentary the entire duration of her pregnancy.

Post baby? Again it is different and I feel women are beautiful in preg. and after, after all their body just created a miracle and for this she should be cut some slack and be given the year to get back to her normal self.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:59 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,168,365 times
Quote:
I like this site because of the general lack of reading comprehension.

If you make money "looking good", you deserve the criticism you receive when you do not look good. It's not necessarily fair, but then again entertainers get paid a lot of money to maintain a certain image and the criticism is just part of the job. Jessica Simpson isn't required to lose weight after she has a kid, but if she is going to get on stage and sing she can't complain if people say she's fat. You're not allowed to avoid the consequences from actions just because they suck.
There is no lack of comprehension, I think you have had one too many lol.
Jessica S. has been under scrutiny even before he got pregnant for being thin and then fluctuating in weight, ( Up and down.)
A good I.E. Adele makes a load of money for the same exact profession that Jessica S. has and she was under scrutiny once and that was by Lagerfeld I believe and he was under attack by many.
Jessica S srutiny comes from her reality from her now ex husband, she was seen as an "Airhead" the whole "chicken of the sea" comment was blown out of the water! lol. Her high profile relationship and so forth.
This is not her first rodeo looking bad in the media and it will not be her last.
So getting paid to "look good" is actually a bad on your part.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:15 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,386,969 times
Quote:
Jessica is a singer; not a model. Her weight does not prevent her from doing her job. There are heavy singers that are successful, and there always have been.

No one "deserves" criticism about how they look, especially two minutes after giving birth.

What about famous overweight people who happen to be men? No one criticized how John Candy or Jackie Gleason looked.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:30 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,386,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Ugh, that reminds me so much of my ex. I used to get horrible period cramps combined with migraines and while I was curled up on the floor crying he would complain about how overdramatic and whiny I was being.

Then, he'd inevitably call me lazy for laying around all day (never mind I couldn't stand up straight without feeling like I'd been punched in the stomach), so I can't imagine what he would have said about childbirth.
Don't you hate it when people who have zero medical knowledge give their assessment of your health? And you get to suffer for their ignorance.

There was a published doctor in the seventies who wrote that cramps only existed in women's minds. Then scientists finally got film that showed the uterus contracting ... which is what causes cramps.

I used to have ungodly cramps too. At one point, I had to get a prescription for the pain because nothing available over-the-counter worked. In some women, cramps can almost approach the level of labor pains, and that's a scientific fact. It can be from a condition like endometriosis, or simply the level of prostaglandins naturally circulating. The more prostaglandins, the stronger the uterus contracts.

I can't imagine getting migraines on top of all that! But I have read that periods can trigger migraines in women who get them.

I hope there is reincarnation, and that any man who gave a woman hell over these things, comes back as a woman and gets to live it. That would be sweet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships