Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 09:23 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
Yes. Guys don't get tied up with piddly details
This. It's true. Men and women are wired differently for the most part, LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 10:05 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D414 View Post
Am I being too sensitive?
Yes.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:25 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Over-reacting, yes. People do not sit and ruminate over casual emails. She definitely acknowledged you by name and it was a compliment to want to connect people together - "so and so knows Tami." She was just trying to establish a commonality - that folks knew one another.

You are way too touchy. You can't put a force field around your boyfriend. And expecting him to be all anal and "correct" a simple statement is really waaaaaay over the line. Makes you look terribly insecure. You don't want him to think of you like that so don't say another word.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:16 AM

5 posts, read 7,557 times
Thank you for the feedback!...I didn't say anything about it.

Youre right, women are different. I think many women would correct the person in a polite way. Ex: "really? awesome. My man does know a lot of people..who is your friend?" etc....

Old 06-17-2012, 08:57 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,192,924 times
This is why facebook is a horrible thing. Just stop using it. Does the guy introduce you to people as his girlfriend when you meet real people in person? Do you know his friends? Have you met his family? If yes, then you're his gf.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:24 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,254 times
Not a big deal. She obviously didn't mean any harm.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:17 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,055 times
As long as he doesn't introduce you to someone as his friend, I wouldn't sweat it!!

Old 06-20-2012, 12:51 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:

Yes, because:

Quote:

This particular person has seen our pictures together and "liked" them so she knows that I am more than his friend. I told him that I couldnt help but notice that she called me "friend" and he said "she knows youre my girlfriend." But to me, if a guy friend or... anyone really called him my friend, I would correct them.

[everybody in this situation knows so don't worry about it - unless he stops treating you like his girlfriend]

Old 06-20-2012, 01:07 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,190,645 times
Quote:
Ok... I just need a few opinions here.

My man and I are in a serious relationship, discussing marriage and children etc. Like many, we share our experiences on social networking sites and it is pretty obvious that we are in a relationship.

Well, today he emailed me a copy of a work email between him and a female friend/coworker. She said "small world. I know someone who knows your friend "Tami".. " ... He replies "cool! whats his name?"... and totally ignores that she referred to me as his friend.

This particular person has seen our pictures together and "liked" them so she knows that I am more than his friend. I told him that I couldnt help but notice that she called me "friend" and he said "she knows youre my girlfriend." But to me, if a guy friend or... anyone really called him my friend, I would correct them.

I was bothered because he didn't even think enough to say "cool! youre friend knows my girlfriend. nice, whats his name?"...

Yes, I hear people in your position characterized that way often, and no slight to the relationship is intended. And I really don't so a glimmer of it in the exchange your friend had with his co-worker. Stop worrying about vocabulary, you have the relationship.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:40 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
While I tend to agree with the majority here, I still think it's weird that she would refer to you that way. You say they are friends/co-workers. I don't know about anyone else, but I refer to friends/co-workers' significant others by their names. I don't say "I saw your friend/husband John." I would just say "I saw John."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships