Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2012, 11:19 PM

810 posts, read 1,807,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Of course any guy that approaches me is interested in sex, but the ones that suggest it within 10 minutes of chatting? Just last weekend I had a guy I'd never met before come up to me and ask if I'd be interested in 'hooking up in the bathroom' of the bar I was in. This happens to me often. I guess because I'm smiling and friendly to basically everyone they assume I want to hook up in a bathroom.

As for men that approach me and actually treat me like a human being and are interested in me romantically, this has happened once in the past 6 months or so and I found out later that he was married. All my other dates have originated on from a dating site and none of those have gone beyond date 2.
I'm sorry that you went through that. Jerks can be found everywhere; don't let that discourage you from men in general.

Honestly, while yes, you are a tall woman, there are plenty of men out there who have no qualms about dating a taller woman. Personally, I love women of all heights, and if you were my type and I felt like we had a good connection, your height wouldn't matter one bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 01:51 AM

228 posts, read 421,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I once read a profile on a religious oriented on-line dating site. She was located in a nicer part of Jacksonville FL and said those who made less than $150,000 need not apply. Pretty demanding for a middle-aged divorcee with kids, and on a religious site to boot.

I've done this "drill" a time or two, when it was offered at a discounted price. I explained that "since I don't want my own children, I am only interested in replies from childless women." Based on the incoming replies, it looks like some flunked basic reading.
I had the same problem, and I am a woman. I said I didn't want children, Never EVER, and I received so many emails from guys that "definitely" wanted kids. It actually started to make me angry! After a few of those emails, I stopped replying to them. I figured that they wouldn't be able to read my reply anyway, since they couldn't even read my profile.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:01 AM

227 posts, read 464,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riotsquirrelz View Post
I had the same problem, and I am a woman. I said I didn't want children, Never EVER, and I received so many emails from guys that "definitely" wanted kids. It actually started to make me angry! After a few of those emails, I stopped replying to them. I figured that they wouldn't be able to read my reply anyway, since they couldn't even read my profile.

Its encouraging to hear there are woman like you that DO want the same thing like me, no children. Now its just a matter of finding the right gal and being at the right place and right time, sigh...... I really need to get my mountain ass to the Portland/Seattle area soon so I can hopefully find her

Old 06-18-2012, 02:53 AM

228 posts, read 421,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ceTr0n View Post
Its encouraging to hear there are woman like you that DO want the same thing like me, no children. Now its just a matter of finding the right gal and being at the right place and right time, sigh...... I really need to get my mountain ass to the Portland/Seattle area soon so I can hopefully find her
Well, I don't know if there are any more of us up here than anywhere else, but I suppose it is highly likely since Portland and Seattle are progressive communities. I have yet to meet anyone around here that vilifies me for not wanting children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
I must have misunderstood what you meant...but that's pretty weird, honestly. I'd say maybe 1 in 1000 women around here don't want kids, if that. Why even bother to have a relationship and get married if you're not going to have kids? I really don't see the point of that whatsoever.
You said the same exact thing that my 98 year-old great-grandma said to me when I got married. I grew up in San Antonio, BTW, and so did she. Good to see someone else is carrying that 100+ year-old torch of backwards thought, wouldn't want that thing to burn out

Old 06-18-2012, 03:13 AM

566 posts, read 958,003 times
I've always found it hilarious how a fair share of BBWs state in their profiles that they want a fit/athletic man.

I mean, come on...you can't be serious.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:43 AM

154 posts, read 155,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
My advice to you: Close your account, stop spending time on this online dating crap, go out, be social, meet people, join a gym and although it may take a while, eventually you will meet someone, more often than not when you are not expecting.

This is how humans have done it for thousands of years and it has always worked.

I hate this online dating crap because it is becoming more popular, and for some people, it has completely replaced human interaction and some of the more traditional, natural ways of meeting people, I dislike it immensely!
What this person said. And why would you want a woman who dreads interaction with people anyway?

Old 06-18-2012, 06:42 AM

819 posts, read 1,129,400 times
Quote:
You said the same exact thing that my 98 year-old great-grandma said to me when I got married. I grew up in San Antonio, BTW, and so did she. Good to see someone else is carrying that 100+ year-old torch of backwards thought, wouldn't want that thing to burn out
It's "backwards thinking" to not understand why anyone would get married if they're not going to have kids..? Perhaps you should look up the historical reasons for marriage; if you're not going to worry about primogeniture, a marriage is not very useful. People who don't want kids are also essentially denying their biology. I really don't care, but it certainly undermines the propagation of the human race.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:18 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
Quote:
Well, I don't know if there are any more of us up here than anywhere else, but I suppose it is highly likely since Portland and Seattle are progressive communities. I have yet to meet anyone around here that vilifies me for not wanting children.

I agree. Last time I checked marriage was between 2 adults, lots of things adjust/change over time. Many people got married in past generations because, um, it was their only option ("make an honest woman out of her," etc), those who chose otherwise (if they could) were often ridiculed. I'm more traditional then most and even I think it's pretty stupid when people say marriage should be crossed off the list because the couple doesn't want children. What if a sterile person wants to get married? Should they be forced to adopt then?

Old 06-18-2012, 07:53 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Everybody has a long list of demands ... everybody also thinks his or her own list is perfectly reasonable and normal. It's other people who are demanding.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:05 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,298,978 times
This is why men judge them by their photo's and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships