Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 06:38 PM

545 posts, read 908,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I've found that finding the exact dog or car you want via the paper was always easy.

One would think the same logic would extend to on-line dating. My list is not at all ridiculous. It is the appropriately age-progressed woman that I would have liked and gone out with in college or grad school, minus children, who is very similar in education, religion, level of attractiveness, and has, or can tolerate, the same irreverence toward life and likes travel and cultural pursuits.

However, I'm not looking and have given up. Now, instead of trying on-line dating, I can browse Facebook and look up girls I knew in HS and college. Like I said, I've given up.
Humbug!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 06:50 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonwatcher View Post
Humbug!
No. It's a choice on how to allocate time and resources.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:05 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,761,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Wow you need to find a really nice woman.
Lol, yes indeed my friend; I agree 100% with you assessment above of what I need in a woman...nice and kind affectionate women, IMO, are the very best and are the most loving...not to mention the only ones who can truly melt my heart (meant of course in a good way, haha)

Old 06-18-2012, 07:12 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Lol, yes indeed my friend; I agree 100% with you assessment above of what I need in a woman...nice and kind affectionate women, IMO, are the very best and are the most loving...not to mention the only ones who can truly melt my heart (meant of course in a good way, haha)
Awww that's sweet of you Knight.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:33 PM

37,615 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Physical traits:

5'9 (I'm 6'1 and would like to have tall kids) I'm 5'7".
Curvy (D cups, wide hips, and a nice sized booty) ...All except for the booty part.
Blonde Check.
Fair skinned Check.
Blue eyes Check.

Personality/Character/Intangibles:

Smart/witty/wise I think so.
stubborn/opinionated/strong willed (Super hot) Afraid so (Trying to work on being less so!)
Libertarian leanings ...Nope. Conservative.
A little kinky Just a bit.
mile high sex drive Check.
an appreciation for the outdoors absolutely!
class act I've been told that I am.
honest/communicates how she really feels always.
cultured/well educated/appreciation for the finer things in life definitely.

Does anyone here fit the bill by chance?
Even if I were on the market, I expect I'm way too old for you. But there must be others out there! (God help us!)

Old 06-18-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Even if I were on the market, I expect I'm way too old for you. But there must be others out there! (God help us!)
He needs to clone you.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:45 PM

227 posts, read 465,039 times
I've already lost 5 years of my life, sanity and health to being a relationship that was too much compromise and settling and not realizing it until it was far too late into the relationship to break it off easily.

I'd rather be alone, with more money and slightly miserable then make that mistake again, sorry ladies.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ceTr0n View Post
I've already lost 5 years of my life, sanity and health to being a relationship that was too much compromise and settling and not realizing it until it was far too late into the relationship to break it off easily.

I'd rather be alone, with more money and slightly miserable then make that mistake again, sorry ladies.
Ah it will happen. Just move on with your life go as you would normal and it will happen.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:28 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
What is interesting is what we think are "perfect" qualities when we are younger, and then later on realize we were really just looking at the shell. It takes so long to really get to know someone and make sure that person would be a good match. It is nuch, much more than " blonde hair, and good in bed" or "tall, makes over 100K".

It is those small moments, that make up a life...is this person easy to get along with? Will he get up and do a load of laundry? There are so many small things...don't get lost in the details, and miss the big picture of spending a life with someone.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:50 PM

727 posts, read 1,533,660 times
Physical:

Tall (between 5 9" and 5' 11")
Brown eyes
Curly blond hair
Picture Andie MacDowell in St. Elmo's Fire.

Career:
A teacher (preferably a special ed teacher), and is as passionate as me.
A minimum of a Bachelor's degree

Personality:
A warped sense of humor, and can pull out a Family Guy or Anchorman quote on the spot.
Loves children
Has the same passion for special needs kids as me
Is supportive of me in my wrestling career (doesn't have to come to every meet, but has to understand it's amajor part of my life. Likewise I'll be supportive of her ventures)
Puts in the work it takes to make a relationship work
Can get along with my family.

Background:
Had to work hard to get to where they are
Has had at least one long-term relationship
Lost their virginity no later than 20.

Looks are negotiable. Everything else is non-negotiable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships