Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 02:41 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,985,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Hmmm...
I’m usually very nice and don’t mind making conversation.

It’s the only way to meet people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 03:07 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
I’m usually very nice and don’t mind making conversation.

It’s the only way to meet people.
Well, the point that was made earlier about the 'looks issue' is valid. It's no secret that people in general are 'nicer' to those who are deemed conventially attractive and therefore they get more chances.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:30 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Well, the point that was made earlier about the 'looks issue' is valid. It's no secret that people in general are 'nicer' to those who are deemed conventially attractive and therefore they get more chances.
Yes but even very good-looking people can go too far.

This whole thing reminds me of something that happened to my dd when she was 17. She works in a restaurant and the Pirates were playing in town that weekend and a couple of the players came in. One of them was a young hotshot and wanted to go out with her. She kept telling him no because she is gay but he didn't believe her and he could not believe that a young lady would turn down a date with him and demanded to know if she knew who he was. We don't follow baseball, so she truly had no idea and still doesn't to this day and I sure hope it took some wind out of his sails. She didn't even have to be mean to him--she just very sweetly continued to say no because she was truly not tempted.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:42 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Ugg. What a jerk. If it had happened to me, I wouldn't have known who he was either, and his manner would've been a HUGE turn-off!

Old 06-19-2012, 05:25 AM

640 posts, read 717,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Yes, do this. What a weirdo. While you're at it, rent "American Pyscho."

What reeled you in in the first place? Was it looks? I doubt that, if he was lacking in that department, you would have given him the benefit of the doubt.
Actually, the suggestion to rent that movie is a good one. Beyond the surface, it's a pretty decent view of the materialistic disenfranchisement in which that portion of the Manhattan glitterati dwell. The book is shocking. It might help you wrap your arms around some of the pompous douchebaggery that you encountered...

Old 06-19-2012, 08:14 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
How do I cancel this date?
By calling him and cancel.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:20 AM

1,922 posts, read 3,985,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Yes but even very good-looking people can go too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post

This whole thing reminds me of something that happened to my dd when she was 17. She works in a restaurant and the Pirates were playing in town that weekend and a couple of the players came in. One of them was a young hotshot and wanted to go out with her. She kept telling him no because she is gay but he didn't believe her and he could not believe that a young lady would turn down a date with him and demanded to know if she knew who he was. We don't follow baseball, so she truly had no idea and still doesn't to this day and I sure hope it took some wind out of his sails. She didn't even have to be mean to him--she just very sweetly continued to say no because she was truly not tempted.
Why do some people get so excited when you “know” who they are?

I once dated a guy who played bass for a famous child singer on her tours and in her videos. He lived in Los Angeles of course.

One day he called the cable company and they said his name AFTER he gave his account information and then blurted out:

“You know who I am?” in which the person replied, “Yes, I just accessed your account”…

What an instant turn-off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Allen 242 View Post
Actually, the suggestion to rent that movie is a good one. Beyond the surface, it's a pretty decent view of the materialistic disenfranchisement in which that portion of the Manhattan glitterati dwell. The book is shocking. It might help you wrap your arms around some of the pompous douchebaggery that you encountered...

This is actually one of my favorite movies. And yes, much of the people I have seen on a daily basis could easily play a background actor. Thank goodness minimal interaction has taken place…

Old 06-19-2012, 12:05 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
I was also thinking this guy's name was Patrick Bateman. Just say no!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships