Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 10:38 AM

96 posts, read 288,790 times

Advertisements

Ok so Ive been on the dating scene since i seperated with my husband, and it hasnt been going to great. I finely started dating this one guy who I actually like now for about a month. He introduced me to his kids and said that he wants a relationship. I went swimming at his dads house. Right at the start his texts were regular, but only for about a week lol then they started becomming less and he would text at night and ask me to come round, I asked him if he just wanted a bootycall, he got mad at this and said he didnt. Since then ive seen him a few times, and sometimes i will text and wont get a text back for 24 hours sometimes. And then when he texts me- i will wont text him back for hours- and he will text me again wondering why i havent text back!!! Yesterday I asked if we were on the same page still and he said yes, but then when i ask if hes free today (i have a day off) still no reply. Hes very laidback. BTW I do not text him until he texts me. Im so confused, i think hes not that interested or hes talking to other girls? Ladies how do you deal with someone who makes hardly any effort to text?

Im thinking I need to forget this one lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 10:40 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
From my experience this is rare, but the only girls that have done this to me ended up being uninterested in me.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:40 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
I hate texting. Maybe he does too.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:41 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,237,972 times
Personally, I feel you need to finish up old business. Are you just seperated or divorced? If divorced, it doesn't seemlike for long, don't jump into a relationship... If just seperated, you're not available....maybe he senses that...

Old 06-19-2012, 10:41 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,546,430 times
Texting, along with Facebook, is so silly and definitely the worst way to start off a relationship.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by round4 View Post
Personally, I feel you need to finish up old business. Are you just seperated or divorced? If divorced, it doesn't seemlike for long, don't jump into a relationship... If just seperated, you're not available....maybe he senses that...
Ive been seperated for 5 months and i feel fine to start something with someone. The divorce papers are going through now. He is seperated as well actually for about a year.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
Texting, along with Facebook, is so silly and definitely the worst way to start off a relationship.
I know but texting is a good way to to just say hi or arrange something. If you are working etc and you cant recieve calls. Going for days with no contact- that says to me ''your not interested'' or am i reading to much into it?

Old 06-19-2012, 10:52 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,212,471 times
If you want a more immediate response, call the person. Texting is better for conversations that don't require a response in X amount of time. The only time I text someone and hope for a quick response is it's someone I know really well. Even then I can't fully expect to hear back in a timely manner.

I like texting, but it can get out of hand. If I were trying to date I wouldn't look too much into the meaning of someone's text. Just tell the guy exactly what you've said here if he complains about you not texting him back fast enough.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:30 AM

1,922 posts, read 3,984,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
I agree. Talking on the phone and hanging in person is the best thing to do. In my experience a person who does this is only semi-interested. I've done it before to guys (texting all the time). Some won't care if they are only semi-interested as well. The ones who are interested will mention and question me about why I only text them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnay View Post
you are both grown ups i wonder why you can still be clueless and just dial your phone yes same phone u use in texting, and CALL and talk like normal ADULT people. ugh.

Thats why i dont like giving my number to people, i am sooo over texting.
I'm going to start giving people my house phone for this very reason.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:35 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,019,975 times
Not everyone is attached to their cell phone. Some people even turn them off. Especially if they have kids, jobs, and other responsibilities. I know, blasphemy.

Call. Talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships